887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I received the below message on the weekend. I know some people may have already shared but a good reminder for everyone. Apparently some important information on the delays on the 887 visa will be shared on Migration Solutions Facebook Live event today - 

Migration Solutions Hello, I am happy to help anyway I can. There is NO reason for this delay. Please join my next Facebook Live event tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday the 14th of April at 5.00pm Adelaide time) and I will talking about processing delays for 887 and other onshore PR visas. I have been doing some research into the 887 delays and I have uncovered something that needs to be shared with anyone who holds a 489 visa or has applied for an 887 visa. All the best, Mark

https://www.facebook.com/events/215908493163518/

• Like 2

They did a story on ABC 7:30pm program some time back https://iview.abc.net.au/show/7-30/series/0/video/NC2001H052S00 

I was updated by the reporter about it. It's not specifically on the 887 unfortunately. 

That was a pity. I think today’s Facebook live event we should focus on reducing the 887 processing time rather than getting benefits for temporary residents. Because government already declined the request to provide any supports to TR so no point arguing about that. Even the opposition labor party speak in front of Scott Morrison on parliament about this but he doesn’t care. I just hope the processing time to be reduced.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nudgee said:

That was a pity. I think today’s Facebook live event we should focus on reducing the 887 processing time rather than getting benefits for temporary residents. Because government already declined the request to provide any supports to TR so no point arguing about that. Even the opposition labor party speak in front of Scott Morrison on parliament about this but he doesn’t care. I just hope the processing time to be reduced.

Could we invite that journalist to this Facebook Live or put him in contact with Mark from Migration Solutions? Just thinking before we invite him we should give Mark the heads up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Could we invite that journalist to this Facebook Live or put him in contact with Mark from Migration Solutions? Just thinking before we invite him we should give Mark the heads up.

Good idea, however, maybe Migration Solution Mark has some media friends to deal with this live event?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seacity112 said:

Good idea, however, maybe Migration Solution Mark has some media friends to deal with this live event?

Yeah probably! Might be good to pass on the journo contact details to him then - just in case he doesn't have them?

Edited by BoddyFam
  • Like 1

Yeah probably! Might be good to pass on the journo contact details to him then - just in case he doesn't have them?

I think he will contact journalist we can ask him tonight, he might have already contacted as I believe an expert working in the migration field for more than 20 years will certainly have many connections
  • Like 2

Hi.. i heard about 489 visa that they can get medicare in current situation.. is it true or fake news.. thanks

I haven’t heard about this yet. I don’t think 489 is eligible for anything, unless you submit 887 application you don’t normally eligible for Medicare.. however 491 can get Medicare

8 hours ago, IMAD said:

Congratulations. Really happy for you. Enjoy your grant.

How amazing is this for you!!  Congrats

Did they ask for new POLICE checks? I suppose you have submitted them with the application so older than 6 months.

•  
On 4/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, ninolaine said:

Praise God!!!!

lodge: 13/11/2018

Inquiry/feedback just a nudge for them to maybe look at our file: 28/01/2020

first contact: 11/02/2020 (Functional English)

complained: 11/02/2020

Ielts submitted: 27/02/2020

complained: 1/04/2020

GRANT today 09/04/2020 CO Vely

best Easter ever!!! Good luck to everyone and have blessed Easter, be safe!

75CBE6E6-469F-44F4-9A80-2541132930CA.jpeg

• Thanks 1