887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Actually, I don't care if they are going to include us into this pack as a temporary visa holder.

They owe us PRs which will sort it out automatically instead of stupid games with definitions of teachers visa holders. We didn't come here to beg because it was a deal or a "pathway to PR" which was included into our nomination letters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just received this from FOI.

Unfortunately, it does not look promising, but in March they informed me that he Department did not have planning levels for this visa. It looks like they are not going to to anything to clear the backlog.

FOI April.pdf

They run out of PR quota because when they create 887 they only expect little applicants to apply each year. But because they cut the annual intake to 160,000 plus they make it extremely hard to get 189 in recent years due to high point test so more people went with 489 in the last few years and that’s why all of sudden they received more 887 applications in the last two years which create huge backlog

https://www.change.org/p/scott-morrison-extend-covid-19-relief-packages-to-temporary-visa-holders?recruiter=46122427&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition&recruited_by_id=a3e937d0-7e51-0130-6bd4-3c764e049b10

There is already another petition with the same subject with almost 40k signatures, however, I don’t really want the TR benefits. Because we are technically PR and shouldn’t even have to bother about this :(

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nudgee said:

They run out of PR quota because when they create 887 they only expect little applicants to apply each year. But because they cut the annual intake to 160,000 plus they make it extremely hard to get 189 in recent years due to high point test so more people went with 489 in the last few years and that’s why all of sudden they received more 887 applications in the last two years which create huge backlog

They do not have 887 quota. I'm not sure that there is a cap for PR which includes 887.

16 minutes ago, nudgee said:

https://www.change.org/p/scott-morrison-extend-covid-19-relief-packages-to-temporary-visa-holders?recruiter=46122427&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition&recruited_by_id=a3e937d0-7e51-0130-6bd4-3c764e049b10

There is already another petition with the same subject with almost 40k signatures, however, I don’t really want the TR benefits. Because we are technically PR and shouldn’t even have to bother about this 😞

Sorry, I don't understand. "We are technically PR and shouldn’t even have to bother about this "

The 887 are not PR because, during the processing time, the now is a limbo, we are still temporary visa in our 489. Is there something that I don't get it?

Sorry, I don't understand. "We are technically PR and shouldn’t even have to bother about this "
The 887 are not PR because, during the processing time, the now is a limbo, we are still temporary visa in our 489. Is there something that I don't get it?

Yea I know so that’s why I said we are “technically” PR because if the department process our applications within a reasonable timeframe then we all become PR already, reasonable timeframe should be the same as other skill migration visas such as 189 and 190 which is 2-5 months of actual processing time. But yea indeed we are TR if you want the fact

12 hours ago, siffi said:

Just lodged my application on 29th March 2020...a long wait. I still have not provided the PAYG summaries and Tax return and haven't applied for police clearance. I am wondering when exactly they open the file after lodgement? anyone have any idea?When exactly do I need to submit my all documents? I have submitted all other than the above documents.Like Rental agreements, form 80, bills, work reference letter and pay slips. Also I  haven't submitted all my bank statements just few months during the one year and my current pay slips too im updating every fortnight after one year if it comes in help for application. Any suggestions will be fruitful in this crucial time.

Thanks 🙂  good luck to all..stay positive!!

You may have some time, but at the end of the day they do ask that all your supporting documents are ready when you apply, so that's definitely the recommendation - add everything you can as soon as you can. When you apply you should be able to show them straight away that you have met the requirements (so proof of 2 years residency, and 1 years work). 

However having said that, I only uploaded some documents months after I originally submitted (just because I hadn't' realised that when providing supporting documents - the more the better e.g. My Super statement).

Whats most important that is is someone does pick up your file (and processing times can always change - so even though they seem long now, you never know) they should be able to give you a Direct grant...because that's what you want!!

• Like 1

Praise God!!!!

lodge: 13/11/2018

Inquiry/feedback just a nudge for them to maybe look at our file: 28/01/2020

first contact: 11/02/2020 (Functional English)

complained: 11/02/2020

Ielts submitted: 27/02/2020

complained: 1/04/2020

GRANT today 09/04/2020 CO Vely

best Easter ever!!! Good luck to everyone and have blessed Easter, be safe!

75CBE6E6-469F-44F4-9A80-2541132930CA.jpeg

Edited by ninolaine
CO
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Praise God!!!!

GRANT today 09/04/2020

Congratulations..

Did they replied to your complain (1/04/2020)?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Praise God!!!!

GRANT today 09/04/2020

Congrats you are very lucky we applied on 27/10/2018 first contact on 10 jan 2020 nothing afrer that hope to get ours soon

• Thanks 1