887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

32 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Asked my agent to compliant but no reply. I am going to ask her to makena complaint again because we provides documents in December 2019 and still waiting.

I just don't understand why these agents are not interested in complaining .

Because they think it is bad reputation for them. They only care about you only until you make the payments (personal experience). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Asked my agent to compliant but no reply. I am going to ask her to makena complaint again because we provides documents in December 2019 and still waiting.

I just don't understand why these agents are not interested in complaining .

When you applied?

I just found some facts from the FOI compare to our tracker:

FOI question: how many 887 applications have been lodged between July 2018 till December 2018?

FOI indicates 1068 applications.

But I had a look at our tracker, only 239 applications listed between July 2018 to December 2018.

So you can get a rough idea that the actual visa application numbers is 4.5 times the number listed on the tracker.

Most of the 887 visa applicants did not post in the forum after they applied or received grants.

If the visa grant numbers also multiply by 4.5 times. With an average about 5 - 6 grants per working day based on the recent trend, they are giving around 25 grants per day.

Total visa application on hand is around 4000. Therefore 4000/25 = 160 working days.

Average working day per month is 21.7 working days.

160/21.7 = around 7.5 months.

So if they continue in this speed, all applications can be finished in just 7.5 months. Keep in mind this is just based on the data from July 2018 to December 2018. But still a good indicator. We only hope the department will continue to work on 887 everyday then things will start to get better.

92d45da31db36a2844113460f5ae80c9.jpg&key=ca64d85784b36409b91a14d28fc3fcc890b7eca87e6e3974fddf349289629dff

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I would like to know what's are the things should be done after getting the grant?

Ofcourse, many will move interstate, apart from that?

What about the Normal Medicare Card? Do we have to apply for it? 

Friends Your Comments Please.... 

Hey guys. I’ve been following this forum for the past 18 months but not actually been a member. Just wanted to say hang in there, my 887was granted this morning exactly 22 months after I made my application. 

Application submitted 7th July 2018

Further information requested September 2019

Granted 5th May 2020

Case officer Sophorn 

I wish you all the best for the future!!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

Hey guys. I’ve been following this forum for the past 18 months but not actually been a member. Just wanted to say hang in there, my 887was granted this morning exactly 22 months after I made my application. 

Granted 5th May 2020

Case officer Sophorn 

Congrats.....I can feel your long journey..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big C said:

Granted 5th May 2020

Case officer Sophorn 

Congrats mate

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big C said:

Granted 5th May 2020

Case officer Sophorn 

Congrats!  Did you ever complain after 1st contact?

16 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Congrats!  Did you ever complain after 1st contact?

Yes, twice. But to be honest it made no difference. They explained to me that they have a specific number of places each year and grant according to that. They also explained that the Covid 19 situation had slowed things down because of staffing. They also said that this was made even more challenging because in the last 12 months they have received more 887applications than ever before and because of this there was a backlog. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Patel1 said:

Hello guys,

There are only 64 applications pending until 31st DEC18,majorly of them contacted at least once but not finalised.As per current granting trend it may take up to 2-3 weeks to finalise them if they are particularly working on backlog files.

Hope this make sense to everyone !!

Just wonderin how you got this number ?? Is this the exact number or u got this data from spread sheetl?

3 hours ago, serry said:

I would like to know what's are the things should be done after getting the grant?

The permanent medicare card arrives automatically, no need to apply for it. Mine arrived less than 2 weeks after my grant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, serry said:

You don't have to wait for Medicate until the grant is issued. You can get it after lodging the 887.