887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Why do they keep asking for things that have already been provided!!!!! SO FRUSTRATING. 

Do you know who the CO is?

I am failed to understand, on what grounds or basis, evidence of English for Primary Applicant is being asked. Is it Co's mistake or has it got any relation with our 489 application's skill level??

Still if it is asked by CO, do we have a right to discuss this with CO or just fulfill their unrealistic demand? 

Can anyone give an advice on this please.

16 minutes ago, Jessi said:

Just had call from my lawyer the case officer is assigned & had asked for English requirement for primary applicant & updated police check which we already provided in Jan.Applied 3/3/19

Hi Jessi,

would you share whether you are onshore or offshore while 489 granted. In case if you are on offshore, did you take time to make first entry or you arrived as soon as 489 granted?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Scorpio2011 said:

I am failed to understand, on what grounds or basis, evidence of English for Primary Applicant is being asked. Is it Co's mistake or has it got any relation with our 489 application's skill level??

Still if it is asked by CO, do we have a right to discuss this with CO or just fulfill their unrealistic demand? 

Can anyone give an advice on this please.

I think sometimes its being asked for because the primary applicant was not the original applicant for the 489. For example its now the wife or husband that is applying for the 887. However I do know of cases they asking for it even if its the same primary applicant that did it before.

You can't discuss with the CO - but you could complain through the immi account if the reasons for the request aren't justified. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Satish said:

Hi Jessi,

would you share whether you are onshore or offshore while 489 granted. In case if you are on offshore, did you take time to make first entry or you arrived as soon as 489 granted?

Thanks

I was off shore applicant for 489 

Within a month I moved to Australia 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

I think sometimes its being asked for because the primary applicant was not the original applicant for the 489. For example its now the wife or husband that is applying for the 887. However I do know of cases they asking for it even if its the same primary applicant that did it before.

You can't discuss with the CO - but you could complain through the immi account if the reasons for the request aren't justified. 

Primary applicant didn’t change on both visas & lawyer had requested for review .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was primary applicant for 489 amd now primary for 887 but Co asked to provide functional english. I asked my agent to complain but she just told me that they will send my higher degree and transcripts.

Also, asked for son's medical who is nine months which we have booked in tomorrow afternoon. Can anybody please tell me if they are going to do any blood tests???

49 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Maybe it's like what Nudgee mentioned , they ask ielts from primary applicants who applied offshore and completed their degrees overseas? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

I was primary applicant for 489 amd now primary for 887 but Co asked to provide functional english. I asked my agent to complain but she just told me that they will send my higher degree and transcripts.

Also, asked for son's medical who is nine months which we have booked in tomorrow afternoon. Can anybody please tell me if they are going to do any blood tests???

Hi mate , did you apply for your 489 visa from offshore and was your degree completed in Australia or offshore?

Just now, dar8 said:

Maybe it's like what Nudgee mentioned , they ask ielts from primary applicants who applied offshore and completed their degrees overseas? 

But even then, we provided IELTS when we applied for 489 and being the primary applicant has worked for required time here. So its quite understandable that our English will improve overtime...

• Like 1

Just now, dar8 said:

yesterday few people got grant and they come from overseas 489 ... not that reason...i can see the reason may be they didn't upload secondary applicant ielts or either expired so they request and by mistake they ask from primary applicant too. as how come they ask lower band then 489 as they already show competent english ... 

1 minute ago, dar8 said:

Hi mate , did you apply for your 489 visa from offshore and was your degree completed in Australia or offshore?

Yes, we applied from India and my education was in India only and my IELTS was expired by the time we applied for 887. So may be thats why

3 minutes ago, dar8 said:

Here the question is.

All 489 offshore applicants with having their degrees completed overseas too, had provided proof of Functional English while applying for 489. DIBP checklist does not specify onshore or offshore requirements for 887 separately. 887 requirements are same for everyone. 

Is that COs think, 489 offshore applicants are going to degrade the level of English after coming to Australia.

Well this is my opinion. No offences please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

why you upload ielts as it not required ... you only need to upload for secondary thats it.

i didn't....this is what i got with the request... so i have just provided my Bachelor and Masters degreewhich says medium of instruction was English...and my agent also included a request for review as to why am i asked to provide this.

Screenshot_20200513-140632_Yahoo Mail.jpg

i didn't....this is what i got with the request... so i have just provided my Bachelor and Masters degreewhich says medium of instruction was English...and my agent also included a request for review as to why am i asked to provide this.

970281569_Screenshot_20200513-140632_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.8273e628eb7a3c951e2bf2849e8a2d3e.jpg

This is the first time I see an official statement about functional English request, so it’s purely based on luck and it is intentional. CO can request the English for primary if they want.

I think CO may ask you for English depends on the nature of your job and also whether you have studied or fit it more in Australia in the past etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

This is the first time I see an official statement about functional English request, so it’s purely based on luck and it is intentional. CO can request the English for primary if they want.

even they asked alternatively they can pay second installment