887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, it explains a lot.

Thanks to everybody here.. People in this forum has been great help and i am happy to contribute my bit...its this exchange of information that will help to understand why CO are doing what they are doing.. 🙂 and and eventually reach our goal to make this process faster from our side..

Thanks to everybody here.. People in this forum has been great help and i am happy to contribute my bit...its this exchange of information that will help to understand why CO are doing what they are doing.. [emoji846] and and eventually reach our goal to make this process faster from our side..

Yea it’s good to know the reason directly from CO, but some good news from that letter is that they only require functional English from primary and also you can provide degree certificate and not necessarily needed to do another test, and it’s confirmed. So if you have the certificates, it might be wise to upload them. Everyone here will eventually receive grants, but I just want everyone to maximize their chances of getting direct grants. Good luck all :)
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

Yea it’s good to know the reason directly from CO, but some good news from that letter is that they only require functional English from primary and also you can provide degree certificate and not necessarily needing to do another test again, and it’s confirmed. So if you have the certificates, it might be wise to upload them. Everyone here will eventually receive grants, but I just want everyone to maximize their chances of getting direct grants. Good luck all 🙂

i have certificate but i got it in 2010 when i completed my graduation 

That’s fine as long as it’s medium of instruction is in English. For oversea higher education the duration has to be at least 2 years and 1 year full time if qualification completed in Australia

3 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

That won't be a problem as long as it says medium was English or you have to get a letter from uni stating that. I did my Postgrad in 2009 and haven't heard anything back yet... so its fine i suppose..

4 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

That won't be a problem as long as it says medium was English or you have to get a letter from uni stating that. I did my Postgrad in 2009 and haven't heard anything back yet... so its fine i suppose..

yea its says that medium of lectures was in english  ....but my agent said not required to upload ...let see as he gave me the reason  now see how is going

Edited by Salman khan

14 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

I did my graduation & masters in overseas. I did that in Science & it’s nowhere written that the medium was English . I think for worse case scenario need letter from Uni.

52 minutes ago, nudgee said:
56 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:
Thanks to everybody here.. People in this forum has been great help and i am happy to contribute my bit...its this exchange of information that will help to understand why CO are doing what they are doing.. emoji846.png and and eventually reach our goal to make this process faster from our side..

Yea it’s good to know the reason directly from CO, but some good news from that letter is that they only require functional English from primary and also you can provide degree certificate and not necessarily needed to do another test, and it’s confirmed. So if you have the certificates, it might be wise to upload them. Everyone here will eventually receive grants, but I just want everyone to maximize their chances of getting direct grants. Good luck all 🙂

hi @nudgee I will apply 887 as primary applicant  on September but my ielts still has validity upto October (counting 3yrs overall 7). what u think I should upload my ielts.what if when co open the file its already expired,co will ask for another ielts then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

yr pagal kardia hai really  ka requirement jo hai secondary ki bas ab agent na kaha ha kay chup karke beth jao ajaige PR

Salman- my consultant also said the same thing. So don't worry...all the best!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

Thanks for sharing this, it makes sense now on the rationale behind such requests. 

Now as many suggested this could subjective  to some applications and not all, purely based on individual circumstances. Type of Employment/Education Background could be  one of the leading factor for the case officer to make call on the request for functional English. 

Meanwhile I revisited  the act, Reference point 5 Interpretation states below,

(2)  For the purposes of this Act, a person has functional English at a particular time if:

(a)  the person passes a test that:

(i)  is approved in writing by the Minister for the purposes of this subsection; and

(ii)  is conducted by a person, or organisation, approved for the purposes of this subsection by the Minister by notice in the Gazette; or

(b)  the person provides the Minister with prescribed evidence of the person’s English language proficiency.

So what does this mean to existing application - Conservative approach, Upload or produce any existing evidence which demonstrates Functional English without being asked for.

You may or may not be asked for the question. The question you need to answer is are you willing to take that chance and further push the decision on your application?

Best of luck. 

hi all this attachment said they  an ask applicant's functional English evidence but I think all of the primary applicant had competent or proficient level of English when they applied. so why CO asking again. nobody got 489 with 4.5 band I guess. this act applicable for applicant who got 489 with functional english...........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sislam said:

hi all this attachment said they  an ask applicant's functional English evidence but I think all of the primary applicant had competent or proficient level of English when they applied. so why CO asking again. nobody got 489 with 4.5 band I guess. this act applicable for applicant who got 489 with functional english...........

thats what i am thinking too