887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

19 hours ago, sislam said:

hi all this attachment said they  an ask applicant's functional English evidence but I think all of the primary applicant had competent or proficient level of English when they applied. so why CO asking again. nobody got 489 with 4.5 band I guess. this act applicable for applicant who got 489 with functional english...........

Many have the same opinion as yours... But the act states and empowers the Case officer to ask evidence for Functional English if he/she determines it is required.

think this aspect in the migration act might need some reconsideration. 

Just now, nudgee said:

They were doing a good job until they create this unnecessary English requirement...they could have processed double of the applications.

Certainly the queue seems to keep moving at steady pace... which is a good sign

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 489 to 887 said:

I applied 20 feb 2019 they skipp my file 

Hi there, The files are assigned to different COs, so your file is definitely with some CO who may be busy with other files or may be on leave. Your file has not been skipped and hopefully you may get a direct grant any time. Good Luck....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jan 2019 said:

Hi guys ,

I Got my Grant today .

Application Date: 29/1/2019

First Contact: 30/4/2020

AFP police check  request for me and my wife 

Provided AFP check 13/5/2020 11:00 PM

Granted today 14/5/2020 8:02 AM

Thanks everyone and seniors members specifically .

I got very useful information regarding documents updated ,beforehand kids medical etc.

Once again thanks .

Very soon all of you received your Grants .

Regards,

@Jan 2019 Congratulations for the grant.

Just wondering how did you organise kids medical beforehand? Did you request for HAPID yourself? If yes, can you please let me know how to obtain it?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Scorpio2011 said:

If wife is Secondary Applicant, then asking proof of English make sense.

Had DAD been included in application as immediate Family member, then either Proof of language or Second installment. If DAD was added as other family members, then he must complaint.

Hi Just wondering

How can we add our family member other than the wife to the visa?

Can I add my sister to 887 or 489 subsequent entry?

I think it could be a corporate pressure from Organisations behind PTE/IELTS to keep asking requesting more and more people for English test otherwise how can a English test have an expiry date it is like a graduation degree expiring after 2 years...

what do u guys think ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John akhil said:

Hi Just wondering

How can we add our family member other than the wife to the visa?

Can I add my sister to 887 or 489 subsequent entry?

Well as per my understanding, only spouse & kids count as family unit.

Sister count as dependent on her dad if unmarried or her husband if married.  

Best is, if you have any such scenario, ask a MARA agent.

(For the previous scenario, for his DAD might be he is totally dependent on him or he has mistakenly added his DAD in his family unit in application. No idea about his situation)

Edited by Scorpio2011

17 hours ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Hi Dee

Thanks mate but as far as I know college only verify your transcript. But for letter you need to go university. I am talking about Gujarat and not sure about other states.

And currently dut to lockdown, all places closed 😞

No your college can issue letter to you. Please do check...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Just wondering how did you organise kids medical beforehand? Did you request for HAPID yourself? If yes, can you please let me know how to obtain it?

Thanks for your help.

Hi ,

I created HAP ID for my kid under 189 Subclass in my immi account .

And after medical done ,I attached Medical Examinations receipt & Cover Letter to Case Offer stating that

"I created HAP Id (Number )for my Child under 189'Subclass because online in immi account ,there is no option to create HAP ID for SC 887. 

It is accepted .will not be any issue at all.

28 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Thanks for your help.

Hi ,

I created HAP ID for my kid under 189 Subclass in my immi account .

And after medical done ,I attached Medical Examinations receipt & Cover Letter to Case Offer stating that

"I created HAP Id (Number )for my Child under 189'Subclass because online in immi account ,there is no option to create HAP ID for SC 887. 

It is accepted .will not be any issue at all.

17 minutes ago, Dee said:

No your college can issue letter to you. Please do check...

Dee..will my B.Tech 4 years degree and college letter will work as a proof of my functional English ?

I have a doubt because requirement is for 5 years education.

Edited by Sunny_March19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JayK said:

My baby is only 2months old. After granting 489 and bridging for the baby they made the request. I provided all the required documents and they have updated that his health assessment is complete. However, I don't know what they mean by outstanding amount???

ahh ok that maybe I have added my baby to the application when I was applying. 

24 minutes ago, Sunny_March19 said:

Dee..will my B.Tech 4 years degree and college letter will work as a proof of my functional English ?

I have a doubt because requirement is for 5 years education.

You should have a certificate from college stating that u did your graduation or bachelors in English and that should be just fine. 

• Thanks 1