887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi,

I have received an email from immigration officer regarding my 887 visa application.

My current visa is 489 regional skilled sponsored visa going to 887. I have submitted my application since March 2019.

Today, i received an email from them asking me to provide current english functionality

Reason " Test taken more than 3 years prior to date of  lodgement of the 887 application. Current evidence of functional english required"

My understanding is for 887 Visa applicaton, there is no more requirement for English proficiency, also no requirement was requested during visa application to submit one.

Is it possible to dispute this or i don't have a choice but to take again english functionality exam?

Thanks

11 hours ago, mb88 said:

Grant   Grant   Grant

Praised be to God our Father! 

Applied 18 Feb 2019 (887 Family Sponsored)

First Contact 7 May 2020 - Requesting for updated AFP as submitted on January 2020 an AFP done by Fit2Work for new job, immi doesn't accept it.

Submitted updated AFP 15 May 2020

Grant Date 20 May 2020.

CO Lisa

Thank you so much guys for all your help, I was able to see the many helpful ones like Russki, Maxzone, Nudgee and many more.

Thank you so much for all your inputs and enc.

We'll all get there guys, just encourage ourselves there's always a light after the tunnel.

The past year, I had ectopic so lost the supposed to be my first baby, I was bed bound for 3 months last year, I was bullied at work for standing firm on the values on our organisation, I left that job, my husband left end of March this year, doctor is checking if I have a breast Ca or Lung Ca but had cleared it.

So even all those sufferings there's always hope.

Many congratulations, now its your time.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Summer said:

Hi,

I have received an email from immigration officer regarding my 887 visa application.

My current visa is 489 regional skilled sponsored visa going to 887. I have submitted my application since March 2019.

Today, i received an email from them asking me to provide current english functionality

Reason " Test taken more than 3 years prior to date of  lodgement of the 887 application. Current evidence of functional english required"

My understanding is for 887 Visa applicaton, there is no more requirement for English proficiency, also no requirement was requested during visa application to submit one.

Is it possible to dispute this or i don't have a choice but to take again english functionality exam?

Thanks

Is it request from GSM Adelaide office.Have u applied 489 onshore or offshore .Who is your CO?

Edited by Jessi
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Summer said:

Hi,

Thanks

Did they include the reason into the request?

Edited by Megrand1

17 minutes ago, Jessi said:

Is it request from GSM Adelaide office.Have u applied 489 onshore or offshore .Who is your CO?

Yes. It is from GSM Adelaide office. I applied on shore, living in AU for almost 3 years now. CO is Andrej.

He is also asking for Complete Disclosure AFP National Police Certificate that i have already provided last March 2019 when i lodged my visa.

I called 131881 and ask for guidance why CO is requiring updated English functionality wherein it is not a requirement for 887 visa from 489.

We have an 1 hour coordination via phone and they told me they sent email to CO. The understanding of the personnel from 1311881 is YES, no english functionality required for primary applicant.

Can you suggest what is the best thing to do next for the requested english functionality and AFP Police Check. I'm afraid i will have issue with my CO.

Is GSM Adelaide very strict on this requirement?

Thanks

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Megrand1 said:

Did then include the reason into the request?

It was mention in the PDF attachment " " Test taken more than 3 years prior to date of  lodgement of the 887 application. Current evidence of functional english require"

18 minutes ago, Summer said:

It was mention in the PDF attachment " " Test taken more than 3 years prior to date of  lodgement of the 887 application. Current evidence of functional english require"

For me they didn't include any reasons. They might started including it after our calls

IMG_20200520_220003.jpg

Edited by Megrand1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer said:

Hi,

Thanks

There is no such requirement for primary applicant to provide Functional English. It is not mentioned on Legislation. 

• Like 1

I have a question guys, since this new Functional English being asked for primary applicants. What if someone who has completed their bachelors degree offshore and provided a letter from the university that the degree stream and exams were conducted in English, is it still valid ?  

3 minutes ago, DVR said:

I have a question guys, since this new Functional English being asked for primary applicants. What if someone who has completed their bachelors degree offshore and provided a letter from the university that the degree stream and exams were conducted in English, is it still valid ?  

I'm waiting for the reply of CO based on my query this morning thru their hotline at 131881. But they did not mentioned any letter or certificate from uni

17 minutes ago, Summer said:

I'm waiting for the reply of CO based on my query this morning thru their hotline at 131881. But they did not mentioned any letter or certificate from uni

Please share the feedback when you gathered them.. Thanks Summer

Hi Nudgee, what do you mean "April they only work 2 weeks" ? This is May ? [emoji849]

The new processing time is based on April’s performance. (As of 30/04/2020) . The processing time is always one month lag behind.

They only speed up since 16th April 2020, you can check the tracker to see the trend. That means they only work on 887 for 2 weeks last months, plus there was a Easter holiday in April.

Next update will be around 20th June and will reflect the May’s performance. Since we are seeing grants daily in May, they work the full month so the next processing time will definitely reduce again.

Hope it makes sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer said:

Yes. It is from GSM Adelaide office. I applied on shore, living in AU for almost 3 years now. CO is Andrej.

He is also asking for Complete Disclosure AFP National Police Certificate that i have already provided last March 2019 when i lodged my visa.

I called 131881 and ask for guidance why CO is requiring updated English functionality wherein it is not a requirement for 887 visa from 489.

We have an 1 hour coordination via phone and they told me they sent email to CO. The understanding of the personnel from 1311881 is YES, no english functionality required for primary applicant.

Can you suggest what is the best thing to do next for the requested english functionality and AFP Police Check. I'm afraid i will have issue with my CO.

Is GSM Adelaide very strict on this requirement?

Thanks

It’s same with me I had already provided them with updated AFP this Jan which they didn’t check & had asked me to provide functional English proof . You need to provide them with fresh AFP as it’s valid for only one year.Its only GSM Adelaide raising such request I had already mailed them & just waiting another two days for reply else I will write to Immigration Minister to seek his intervention as there is nowhere mentioned that Primary applicant have to provide functional English proof.We had seen such request to applicant who had applied 489 from off shore.

Edited by Jessi
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DVR said:

Yes it’s acceptable proof for functional English 

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

The new processing time is based on April’s performance. (As of 30/04/2020) . The processing time is always one month lag behind.

They only speed up since 16th April 2020, you can check the tracker to see the trend.

Next update will be around 20th June and will reflect the May’s performance. Since we are seeing grants daily in May, they work the full month so the next processing time will definitely reduce again.

Hope it makes sense

Thanks for your reply Nudgee

If you completed your bachelor oversea and the medium of instruction is in English. and the duration is more than 2 years, then you can use that as functional English proof, it is listed on home affairs website. However, you will need a completion letter from the uni stating medium is English

Quote from home affairs:

“you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English”

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1