887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

Hi,

I dont have a form but cover points like.

your friend saying I know you since 1995 and you were living from the date to xyz date. Sharing rent and other utility and contact him if more info required.

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I/We_________________________________________________________________________ living in ____________________ in the State of South Australia do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows.
_____________ was living in our residence at _____________ from ____ till _____

And I / We make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Oaths Act 1936.

Declared at _______________________
in the State of South Australia, this_______ day of _____________2019

Signature of person making this declaration
[to be signed in front of an authorized witness]

Before me,

Signature of authorized witness

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

Found it.. Could have updated it before. Atleast now they did it after several complaints I guess. I haven't yet got any reply to the email I asked to clarify about English Requirement. 😄

I will suggest everyone who was asked English requirement to upload because what this update means is that at the time of decision making you must all applicant must have functional english. Sneaky bastards always find a way to twist things up. Now everyone asked for English does not have a basis  for complaining. 😦

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oalabi said:

I will suggest everyone who was asked English requirement to upload because what this update means is that at the time of decision making you must all applicant must have functional english. Sneaky bastards always find a way to twist things up. Now everyone asked for English does not have a basis  for complaining. 😦

Yah I dont knw who is making these rules, But if one thinks wisely requirement of Functional English is to certify they can work in Australia and communicate with people. Why on earth then we must have worked for 1 year. Also when we came through 489 VISA Degree or other qulification was a must and our skilled were assessed. Daaaaamn... It..

3 minutes ago, oalabi said:

Exactly, if they could  told us before (12/13 months ago) , we could prepare accordingly, now they changed the policy and defended our complain by a political way.

1 hour ago, oalabi said:

Honestly it shouldnt even matter. All this issues with English requirement is BS. On what bases are asking for new English when its obvious you already granted 489 visa because they fulfilled that requirement. What ask again. its same as saying that your Bachelor or master or doctorate degrees have expired. I am more than shot of word to explains this BS. This is just some form of discrimination because a sane person would only be interested in the two requirement for 887 which is did the applicant live in regional/designated region for 2 years and did they work full time equivalent for a year. its that simple. Honestly if i have the time i will be doing my PHD on Discrimination within the Australian immigration process.😞. I hope everyone on here will support when hat time comes. 

N/B just venting no offence intended😀

this was me venting in the morning. they are just playing us. doing what they like.. rubbish. 

• Like 1

Such a stupid thing to ask for functional English from the primary applicants who have already cleared it while applying for 489....

Now the question is overseas degree certificates should be sufficient or letter from Uni/college confirming medium of study was English is required ?

The only reason i can think why they will ask for english is government must have got connection with ielts and pte institue...since no students are coming to australia because of corona no one is taking tests so they have got no source of revenue so just trying to collect revenue

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Provide proof that all applicants aged 18 years and older, who have not paid the second instalment of the visa application charge in respect of their eligible visa, have at least functional English.

Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for 887 Visa in August 2020. 

Timeline: Got 489 in May 2018 (Single applicant)

Entered Aus in Aug 2018.

My wife got 489 subsequent in April 2019.

My PTE validity is over. My wife's PTE is valid till 2021 feb.

Wondering if we both need to write PTE again and upload just in case or is it not required?

Not sure what is second installment of visa application charge...

Appreciate if anyone help me with this.

All the best for your visa grant process.

33 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

The only reason i can think why they will ask for english is government must have got connection with ielts and pte institue...since no students are coming to australia because of corona no one is taking tests so they have got no source of revenue so just trying to collect revenue

haha ...true....

17 minutes ago, indrasena said:

Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for 887 Visa in August 2020. 

Timeline: Got 489 in May 2018 (Single applicant)

Entered Aus in Aug 2018.

My wife got 489 subsequent in April 2019.

My PTE validity is over. My wife's PTE is valid till 2021 feb.

Wondering if we both need to write PTE again and upload just in case or is it not required?

Not sure what is second installment of visa application charge...

Appreciate if anyone help me with this.

All the best for your visa grant process.

I guess if ur wife one is not expired when u are applying she doesn't need to resit again. You have to prove your functional English one way or the other as stated in the home affairs site.

• Thanks 1

Just saw this on facebook

Granted 29/05/2020
CO Jennifer (Adelaide)
Applied 16/05/2019
1st contact 28/05/2020 asking for Primary Applicant English
28/05/2020 complaint by website and called them and booked TOEFL for next week
29/05/2020 Email apologizing and Grant

Edited by Sep2019
  • Like 2