887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 minutes ago, Shazi said:

Can anybody share the email address of minister of home affairs.

I remember that last time lots of member from this group were emailing to ministers for the matter of processing time

Home Affairs

20.  COVID19.IMMIGRATIONCOORD@homeaffairs.gov.au

21.  gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au

22.  skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Edited by Prab Singh
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dubbo 887 said:

Well! My post is appear on forum. I need help from the expert or who has similar experience as my case.

i applied 887 on 09/05/2019, got contact by co( Andries) asked for functional English for the main applicant and medical examination for my daughter( 7 month old). My concern is on functional English for main applicant. The second inst. charge was paid while we applied 489 visa but the co again asked me functional English proof. If I can’t provide functional English do I need to pay second inst. charge( vac) again??? Stress!!!! Confused !!!!

Any idea? Please share!!

Thanks in advance

As per my knowledge, once you paid for the English VAC, you don’t need to pay again. You need to inform your co that you already paid. Most of the co don’t even check the documents properly and just throw around extra documents requests like they’re giving free candy. Call them and tell them about this and they will cancel the English VAC fee for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Prab Singh Just wait for a week or 10 days and then place a complain again. Use the word 'Complain" some on in this group said when its a request  the reply is what they give u. But when you complain it goes through. 

you already had 1st contact so it oky to make another complain. So many people in this group have multiple complains and got it. but please wait 7 to days and dont complain more that 3 times.

pray to GOD

2 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

@Prab Singh Just wait for a week or 10 days and then place a complain again. Use the word 'Complain" some on in this group said when its a request  the reply is what they give u. But when you complain it goes through. 

you already had 1st contact so it oky to make another complain. So many people in this group have multiple complains and got it. but please wait 7 to days and dont complain more that 3 times.

pray to GOD

Thank you @TAS887 .. Sure wait till Monday then see how is goes .. Hopefully will get the grant Soooon !!

3 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Guys, just learned that when we get 887, even if we are employed as of March 2020 we are NOT eligible for JobKeeper?! That’s a discrimination! Anyone heard the same?

How much is the payment worth?

The federal government will pay eligible employers $1,500 per fortnight for each eligible worker from 30th March 2020, for a maximum of six months.

JobKeeper is about $400 a fortnight more than the $1,100 JobSeeker payment (applied for through Centrelink).

Who is eligible for JobKeeper?

In order to receive a payment, both the employer and employee must meet eligibility criteria.

Eligible employers are businesses (including companies, partnerships, trusts and sole traders) with a turnover of less than $1bn that have lost 30% or more of their revenue compared to a comparable period a year ago.

Eligible employees:

• Were employed by an eligible employer at 1st March 2020
  • Can be sole traders, full-time, part-time, or long-term casuals employed on a regular basis for longer than 12 months as at 1st March 2020.
  • Are at least 16 years of age.
  • Are an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, a protected special category visa, a non-protected special category visa who has been residing continually in Australia for 10 years or more, or a New Zealander on a special category (subclass 444) visa.

How much is the payment worth?
The federal government will pay eligible employers $1,500 per fortnight for each eligible worker from 30th March 2020, for a maximum of six months.
JobKeeper is about $400 a fortnight more than the $1,100 JobSeeker payment (applied for through Centrelink).
Who is eligible for JobKeeper?
In order to receive a payment, both the employer and employee must meet eligibility criteria.
Eligible employers are businesses (including companies, partnerships, trusts and sole traders) with a turnover of less than $1bn that have lost 30% or more of their revenue compared to a comparable period a year ago.
Eligible employees:
  • Were employed by an eligible employer at 1st March 2020
  • Can be sole traders, full-time, part-time, or long-term casuals employed on a regular basis for longer than 12 months as at 1st March 2020.
  • Are at least 16 years of age.
  • Are an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, a protected special category visa, a non-protected special category visa who has been residing continually in Australia for 10 years or more, or a New Zealander on a special category (subclass 444) visa.

Yes I got all that but the new information is that you need to hold PR from March 1 to be eligible. New PR holders are NOT eligible.

35 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Guys, just learned that when we get 887, even if we are employed as of March 2020 we are NOT eligible for JobKeeper?! That’s a discrimination! Anyone heard the same?

Hi Hanna, this has been discussed broadly and I have taken up with two Shadow Ministers previously from the Labor government. 

They did fight for us but it is a matter of a stroke of pen to include the other 1.1 million people who are ineligible for the Jobkeeper.

14 hours ago, Dubbo 887 said:

Hi! I am new to this forum, just try how to use this forum. I applied 887 on 9/05/2019, member of four. How can I post my concerned regarding 887 ???

Hi! Is there any specific phone number( aus immi) for the complain? I sent the complain twice before didn’t hear back.

thank you.

Hi Hanna, this has been discussed broadly and I have taken up with two Shadow Ministers previously from the Labor government. 
They did fight for us but it is a matter of a stroke of pen to include the other 1.1 million people who are ineligible for the Jobkeeper.

Thanks wng for your hard work and initiative in this matter. I can probably speak for everyone by saying we appreciate it.

I understand many people are excluded and long term visas such as 489 should be included in PR category in the first place. But say for the sake of argument, if we go by their rules, once we become PR we have the same rights as other PRs. You would not include 1.1 million but only a couple of thousand that got PR as of March 2020. I find this an unnecessary discrimination that doesn’t hold significant implications to the Australian rules or budgets. I am getting an impression that 489 is the worse visa. First of, we are stimulating and promoting growth in Australian regional areas, we go through pain of paying lots of money to settle without enjoying any benefits for years. We go through thorough checks (police, health, language) during 489 yet somehow they manage to delay the process of 887 for 2 years and exclude us from all the benefits possible. I am angry because this should be a routine visa not a visa treating us as unwanted garbage. Then they should stop regional sponsorships all together! Pfffff!

Sorry I am not directing this anger at anybody in particular, but this whole 887 visa system is just bonkers!

Wng, in your experience and honest opinion do you think we can do anything to change it?
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Thanks wng for your hard work and initiative in this matter. I can probably speak for everyone by saying we appreciate it.

I understand many people are excluded and long term visas such as 489 should be included in PR category in the first place. But say for the sake of argument, if we go by their rules, once we become PR we have the same rights as other PRs. You would not include 1.1 million but only a couple of thousand that got PR as of March 2020. I find this an unnecessary discrimination that doesn’t hold significant implications to the Australian rules or budgets. I am getting an impression that 489 is the worse visa. First of, we are stimulating and promoting growth in Australian regional areas, we go through pain of paying lots of money to settle without enjoying any benefits for years. We go through thorough checks (police, health, language) during 489 yet somehow they manage to delay the process of 887 for 2 years and exclude us from all the benefits possible. I am angry because this should be a routine visa not a visa treating us as unwanted garbage. Then they should stop regional sponsorships all together! Pfffff!

Sorry I am not directing this anger at anybody in particular, but this whole 887 visa system is just bonkers!

Wng, in your experience and honest opinion do you think we can do anything to change it?

Hi,

I have been following news and all on this and in MY OPINION this may not work. 

The government is just not ready to give much support to migrants. 

25 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

The rule has changed for last 1 month.

for Primary applicant.

they can show 2 year Australian study 

or PET IELTS result should be valid at time of applying 887 (it s okay if it expires while you wait for the visa) . Validity is 3 years. 

Is it 1-year or 2 years full-time study in Australia? DoHA states it as 1-year full time study in Australia

31 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

The rule has changed for last 1 month.

for Primary applicant.

they can show 2 year Australian study 

or PET IELTS result should be valid at time of applying 887 (it s okay if it expires while you wait for the visa) . Validity is 3 years. 

Hi, I just want to correct your advice. The functional English must be conducted within 12 months prior to lodge the 887 visa regardless of the test validity. 

Also, it's not 2 years full-time study, just one year is enough for functional English prove.

Edited by Kevin
  • Thanks 1