887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 hours ago, MMH said:

Grant 12-Oct-2020

Applied: 25-Nov-19 

1st Contact: 26-Jun-20 - requested English language ability for primary applicant - Submitted 07-Jul

2nd Contact: 11-Sep-20 - requested health assessment for 2 years old  - Submitted 12-Sep

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision..  

That’s wonderful news , Congrats ! at least they are picking up older files 

1 hour ago, GC1 said:

Hi,

Yes i have applied for exemption to travel as i had a document from my employer.I am not sure about the concession..i assume they are looking into it but not decided on implementing. Me and my wife were also stuck from Mar 2020 to Sep and then finally returned in the 1st week of sep. My lawyer said the application was decision ready and as we were overseas they have not granted the visa. Now that we are back, we sent them an email about our return. Not sure, how many days would it take from now

How you managed to get exemption?

How did you present your case for exemption?

I have few known people who are stuck overseas and are struggling to get back....

2 hours ago, jaknap3 said:

How you managed to get exemption?

How did you present your case for exemption?

I have few known people who are stuck overseas and are struggling to get back....

As i mentioned above, i have a letter from my employer for the critical skill in the health sector, received the exemption under this category

What's up guys?

My time is getting closer and I started to prepare evidences now.

Just wondering How hell do I save or make all documents in a file.....

also, Jp certified not needed?

Thanks in advance guys.

Immi department clearly tells us :

Scan of photograph

Scan or photograph all documents (English and non-English) in colour.

The scans and photos must be clear.

Note: You do not need to have any documents certified

If a document is more than 1 page, save it all as 1 file.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, jaknap3 said:

Can someone confirm about the waiting times for the parenting payments after getting 887 ?

Hi we applied for parenting payment and i applied for job seeeker as i am out of work since a few weeks back and since the website says waiting periods are waived until December 31 or something, it sounds to me like we are eligible until end of this year and after that payments will end if we have not served waiting periods by then , we got approved for both payments  , i had to get a customer reference number by calling ( if you have australian license can get online ) and then register on centrelink website and lodge a claim application along with your previous and current details , income ,all  bank statements , visa , passport copies , our payments starts 2 weeks after approval date

Edited by trx

On 10/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, Scotth said:

What's up guys?

My time is getting closer and I started to prepare evidences now.

Just wondering How hell do I save or make all documents in a file.....

also, Jp certified not needed?

Thanks in advance guys.

Immi department clearly tells us :

Scan of photograph

Scan or photograph all documents (English and non-English) in colour.

The scans and photos must be clear.

Note: You do not need to have any documents certified

If a document is more than 1 page, save it all as 1 file.

hi,

you dont need  Jp certified

and for photo just go to office works get hard copy on one photo turn it around and sign it and then put it next your other photo and scan it 

thats what I did and it worked 

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

We've got our PR granted direct today. Applied on 04.08.2020 from NT and family of 4. Our application was straight forward pretty much. All documents supporting employment, residence, character, language and other requirements  very  clearly named and uploaded as recommended. 

The updates on this blog was very helpful and amazing.

Thank you for everyone who introduced and made valuable comments here. Wish all waiting will get their VISA soon.

Edited by Damian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Damian said:

Hi all,

We've got our PR granted direct today. Applied on 04.08.2020 from NT and family of 4. Our application was straight forward pretty much. All documents supporting employment, residence, character, language and other requirements  very  clearly named and uploaded as recommended. 

The updates on this blog was very helpful and amazing.

Thank you for everyone who introduced and made valuable comments here. Wish all waiting will get their VISA soon.

Congratulations and CO name please 

Grant received yesterday

Applied 11/01/2020

Family of 4 from UK

Youngest child born in Australia after lodgement

28/07/20 - First contact - baby added onto 887 - CO Robyn

18/09/20 - Second contact - request for baby medical, provided 28/09/20 - CO Vineetha

20/10/20 - Grant - CO Heidi

Thanks all,

Leo

Edited by Leon
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

could anyone please guide me on the below, Can i include my wife in my 887 application after applying for her 489 subsequent entrant, my wife is onshore on a student visa ? Re my 887 application ,will  it be granted after my wife has been granted for her subsequent entrant or 887 can be granted before that too ....?

a thorough response would he appreciated.

thanks

Hi Guys!

I am happy to see so many people have got their grants since I last checked this page. Congratulations to all. 

I have been waiting to apply for my 887 since may as I was waiting for my wife's 489 SE. My wife is offshore and was recently granted the visa. 

I am now looking to apply for 887 whilst my partner is offshore. Some sources suggest that I can apply it based on the new concessions on 19th Sep however the IMMI website states the applicant need to be in Australia at time of lodging the visa. 

Can you please provide your opinion on it? Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have a query regarding overseas holyday time during these 2 years of stay for 887. 

We arrived in 02/Sept/2018, got a full-time  job from 25/Oct/2018. But from 05/Oct/2019 - 03/November/2019 (29days )we went back to India for holydays. I applied for 887 on 17/October/2020.

So i have had my friends tell me I should have waited 2 more weeks and applied after 03/Nov/2020, but honestly when i applied i was under the impression that 4 weeks of annual leave is allowed per year when you apply for 887. Am I at wrong here. Thank you. I am getting too anxious now after learning about this 😞 !!

11 hours ago, epb_beta said:

Hi Guys,

I have a query regarding overseas holyday time during these 2 years of stay for 887. 

We arrived in 02/Sept/2018, got a full-time  job from 25/Oct/2018. But from 05/Oct/2019 - 03/November/2019 (29days )we went back to India for holydays. I applied for 887 on 17/October/2020.

So i have had my friends tell me I should have waited 2 more weeks and applied after 03/Nov/2020, but honestly when i applied i was under the impression that 4 weeks of annual leave is allowed per year when you apply for 887. Am I at wrong here. Thank you. I am getting too anxious now after learning about this 😞 !!

HI,

Someone in this group had same issue read from page 2050 to 2120 u may find the case and could be helpful.

4 weeks means 28 days and you have 1 day extra. You may get away with it but cant be sure.

• Like 1