887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

@Russki   Hi guys, I just spoke to one MARA agent about 887 application. What he said to me is that I can get my wife to australia on visitor visa and once she is in australia I can add her in 887 application. Is that True ?  Just confirming as I am confused now.  I was of the impression that she needs 489 subsequent first and then only I can add her in 887. Can experts please clarify this for me 

[mention=2871]Russki[/mention]   Hi guys, I just spoke to one MARA agent about 887 application. What he said to me is that I can get my wife to australia on visitor visa and once she is in australia I can add her in 887 application. Is that True ?  Just confirming as I am confused now.  I was of the impression that she needs 489 subsequent first and then only I can add her in 887. Can experts please clarify this for me 
Am not sure that is true mate. You require 489 before you can make an application for 887. If your wife gets here with a visitors visa, She can make an onshore application for 489 Subsequent entry and if granted, apply for the 887 together with her. But mind you that she is most likely to be hit with the no further stay condition when she applies for the visitors visa hence she might be unable to apply 489 onshore.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Russki   Hi guys, I just spoke to one MARA agent about 887 application. What he said to me is that I can get my wife to australia on visitor visa and once she is in australia I can add her in 887 application. Is that True ?  Just confirming as I am confused now.  I was of the impression that she needs 489 subsequent first and then only I can add her in 887. Can experts please clarify this for me 

I Doubt that to be true. Once application has been submitted you cant add her. yes you can bring her here on visitor visa and once you have got your PR you need to be filing partner visa. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akie said:

my recommendation, dont take any risk for this VISA, unless you wanna take some heart attacks

Hi there. first time I post here. I am still on the 489 visa and I have a question:

If I travel outside Australia on a vacation for say 2 weeks, do I have to make up for that time with an extra 2 weeks on top of the minimum 2 years living in Adelaide before being eligible to apply for the 887 visa?

Also, if I was away for 1 week on business travel, do I also have to make up for that time on top of the 2 years before I can apply for 887? 

Or can I just count the 2 years from the day that I actually started living in Adelaide regardless of my travels for holiday and work?

Edited by Mabdo1

2 hours ago, Akie said:

Hmmm... If I were you, I'd seek a 2nd opinion. 🙂 This is a serious step, you cannot make mistakes now, they will cost you a lot in the future...

9 minutes ago, Mabdo1 said:

Hi there. first time I post here. I am still on the 489 visa and I have a question:

If I travel outside Australia on a vacation for say 2 weeks, do I have to make up for that time with an extra 2 weeks on top of the minimum 2 years living in Adelaide before being eligible to apply for the 887 visa?

Also, if I was away for 1 week on business travel, do I also have to make up for that time on top of the 2 years before I can apply for 887? 

Or can I just count the 2 years from the day that I actually started living in Adelaide regardless of my travels for holiday and work?

Literally, you can do that, as long as your travelling time not over 3 months. But remember to get the PCC when you travel out of Australia. 

• Like 2

Some agents told me that if you use your annual leave to travel overseas for no more than 4 weeks per year that should be fine. But I travel 6 weeks for the two years and I still make up the time just to be safe. I have heard people have their application refused due to not making up 13 weeks of overseas trips ...
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

Literally, you can do that, as long as your travelling time not over 3 months. But remember to get the PCC when you travel out of Australia. 

Thanks @JoelAM. Do you mean a police clearance certificate? I need to get a PCC for every country I travel to? even if only 2 weeks?

Hi guys a quick question in regards to 887. 

Once my wife is in australia on 489 sebsequent, Can I immediately lodge 887 and add her in the application? What docs do I have to provide as she wont be added in any of my bills or anything else nor she wont be having any australian proof that time.  Any advice ? 

15 hours ago, 6th Feb 2018 said:

I think it is just valid for 1 year for partners.. they asked for my partner’s English again,  he had overall 7 as well so be prepared.. but you might get direct grant .. you’ll never know.. depends on CO.

Thanks for the info.. 

Hi @Russki

I am a new member . Can my details be added to the tracker please. I applied on 15/4/2018.

We travelled to India once in Au 2018 for 4 weeks , Is it necessary to get a new /renew our PCC as we have already submitted our indian Pcc during lodging our 887 application.

Thank You

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mabdo1 said:

Thanks @JoelAM. Do you mean a police clearance certificate? I need to get a PCC for every country I travel to? even if only 2 weeks?

yes it is , Police cert....  it not the must thing to do. but you should get it. you can search around this forum. lots of ppl have been asked to get PCC when they travel out of Aus.