887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 hours ago, Cel said:

Applied on 30 Nov 2017

1st Contact: 7 Jun 18 - 1 yr employment & 2 yrs residency

2nd Contact: 26 July 18 - Further Evidence to support 1 yr employment and 2 yrs residency in regional area

3rd Contact: 30 April 19 - My eldest son's PCC (he went back to home country for 2 yrs National Service in Apr 2018)

May 2019 - I wrote a letter to Immi to ask for their advice....eldest son is currently in home country till Feb 2020 for National Service, 2nd son to go back to home country by end Dec 2019 for 2 yrs National Service till 2022. As 887 is an onshore application, the time when all will be onshore at the same time will be 2022. I told them my eldest son will be back on 2 August for 11 days break and they emailed my agent and asked him to let them know when my son gets back.

TODAY, my agent emailed them at 9.30am to inform them my son had touched down, the GRANT email arrived at 12.30pm. Finally after 20 long and agonizing months CO Sophorn gave us our long awaited GRANT!  Such a relief..... thanks to all members in the forum......the support here is fabulous!! Party time.......

Big congratulations Cel.. 🥂🎉 

23 hours ago, Stellajane said:

This forum is on my screen as a second page all business hours.. checking every 5 seconds...

Hehe I was the same. Even bought myself an Apple Watch so I could check my emails at work 😆

Funny thing is I’m still checking now n have my PRs.. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

Hie everyone

I have launched my visa 887 in july 2019 and was doing an online study with a college in Sydney and i stay in the regional areas.i have met all other conditions and with all the proof.I have declared my studies on form 80 and my worry is as follows will i be penalised for doing an online study with a college in Sydney or it doesnt matter.please help am confused guys.

1 hour ago, Desy said:

Hie everyone

I have launched my visa 887 in july 2019 and was doing an online study with a college in Sydney and i stay in the regional areas.i have met all other conditions and with all the proof.I have declared my studies on form 80 and my worry is as follows will i be penalised for doing an online study with a college in Sydney or it doesnt matter.please help am confused guys.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:03 AM, copy said:

Hi all,

i am new to this forum, i applied my 887 visa on 19/2/18 (its been 17 months 2 weeks)

CO contacted me on 24 June asking for new AFP and the reasons explaining that why i didn't move straight away to regional  area. i moved 6 months later after getting the visa cause of family issues. would that have any effect on the outcome? should i call /make a complain? now submitted all the documents asked. second question my wife and my 9 month baby are Australian citizens by birth , do i still need to add them to my file ? i would really appreciate your reply, thank you in adavance.

if you reason for late moving to regional area is reasonable, it shouldn't be a problem. Co asked you to explain is giving your opportunity, if not they could reject your application without asking reasons. One of my friend have the similar situation  like you, he applied 887 visa this year and still waiting ,he consulted some agencies , they said it is not big issues if the reason is reasonable. So don't worry . Wish you get your grant soon. AND if possible when you get your application results, could you please share with us ?

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Desy said:

If university can confirm mode of study is online / distance it shouldn't be a problem , for peace of mind if you want you can submit an offer letter or obtain a letter from uni which states the mode of study as online or you studied via distance education mode so co will know you physically studied while staying in regional otherwise be prepared to provide it if co ask you to confirm this

2 hours ago, dar8 said:

If university can confirm mode of study is online / distance it shouldn't be a problem , for peace of mind if you want you can submit an offer letter or obtain a letter from uni which states the mode of study as online or you studied via distance education mode so co will know you physically studied while staying in regional otherwise be prepared to provide it if co ask you to confirm this

Thanks mate i do have the enrolment letter which confirms that i was studying online.Once again thanks for the information was really worried.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, June said:

if you reason for late moving to regional area is reasonable, it shouldn't be a problem. Co asked you to explain is giving your opportunity, if not they could reject your application without asking reasons. One of my friend have the similar situation  like you, he applied 887 visa this year and still waiting ,he consulted some agencies , they said it is not big issues if the reason is reasonable. So don't worry . Wish you get your grant soon. AND if possible when you get your application results, could you please share with us ?

Hi june/seniors 

If someone moved to regional area within three months of visa grant  will it be issue

Thanks in advance 

Hello,

I have been a follower of the group as we are preparing for our 887 application in the coming months.  I have some questions, I was hoping to get some opinions on, if that’s okay?

I was the primary applicant for the 489, but my husband arrived 2 months before I did, so he will meet the 2 years in October, whereas I will only meet it in December.  So he will be the main applicant for the 887 now.  We both have well more than 12 months working, so that part isn’t at all an issue for either of us.

When he arrived, he stayed a few days at an Airbnb while he was looking for accommodation.  The owner of the Airbnb then offered him to stay on until he found a rental, it was paid cash and not done by invoice via Airbnb, so for 3 weeks he doesn’t have an invoice BUT we do have the following for those 3 weeks:

- he arrived directly into Adelaide on an international flight, so it was the port of entry, we can submit flight details.

- bank statement showing +\- 5 transactions in Adelaide area during that 3 weeks (includes a vehicle purchase and rental deposit)

- he bought a car and we have the papers for that car purchase

- he paid the deposit for our rental and signed the lease in that time (date shows on bank statement, lease agreement and rental ledger)

- he rode his bicycle, and has Strava records (geotags) of all his rides during that time (we were thinking of taking screenshots of all the rides and providing the login details?).

- he applied for an ABN and TFN with Adelaide address.

- got his drivers license issued in Adelaide

We were thinking that all these bits and pieces, plus if we could do a stat dec saying he stayed on with that Airbnb host for 3 weeks, would that be enough evidence for that first month or should we wait until the time he moved into our rental in early November, meaning we only apply in November?  We do not have any contact with the Airbnb host so we can’t get a stat dec from them.  From November, we have all the usual stuff like lease, rental ledger, utilities, mobile contracts, bank statements, rego, etc as proof.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 4:22 AM, Cel said:

Employment letter from employer with letterhead that states his duties, period of employment and number of hours worked which we did not provide in the first request and for residency, in the first request we did not provide electricity bill we submitted it on 2nd request.

Hi mate, may I ask what did you submit for the employment proof in the initial lodgement? I'm just curious to know why they asked for further employer letter. Thanks mate. 

send your stories and complains to senator Kristina Keneally too people she's the shadow minister for dep home affairs and citizenship , from obtaining 489 to applying for 887 we had to complete a very difficult journey and our efforts should not go unnoticed and should be valued rather than undermined , Having to put our plans of settling down permanently in Australia for 12 , 16 , 17 , 21 months is very unreasonable and unfair, they are proposing PR benefits for new 491 visa saying that they do not want these provisional visa holders to be disadvantaged compared to PR holders living in metro , what about us? we are not asking for any benefits from day one , we just want our applications to be processed and a decision delivered to us within a fair and reasonable time , we have paid our taxes , have been greatly disadvantaged by having to pass opportunities that could have made our future much more settled , our kids and family members have to put their future on hold or have their freedom restricted when it comes to studying or sometimes deciding a career to pursue , restrictions affect our lives on day to day basis , we have done the right thing , and completed requirements which are very straight forward and if out applications are put on hold not processed within a reasonable time by allocating more  just because we are not in priority processing program or just because they would like us to live in regional for a bit longer , that is just so unfair. so send your stories to senator Kristina people , the more of us reach out the more attention we can get towards 887 visa processing delay issue , be respectful and and tell her how this unfair delay affects all of us email is -     senator.keneally@aph.gov.au 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KMMC said:

Hello,

I have been a follower of the group as we are preparing for our 887 application in the coming months.  I have some questions, I was hoping to get some opinions on, if that’s okay?

I was the primary applicant for the 489, but my husband arrived 2 months before I did, so he will meet the 2 years in October, whereas I will only meet it in December.  So he will be the main applicant for the 887 now.  We both have well more than 12 months working, so that part isn’t at all an issue for either of us.

When he arrived, he stayed a few days at an Airbnb while he was looking for accommodation.  The owner of the Airbnb then offered him to stay on until he found a rental, it was paid cash and not done by invoice via Airbnb, so for 3 weeks he doesn’t have an invoice BUT we do have the following for those 3 weeks:

- he arrived directly into Adelaide on an international flight, so it was the port of entry, we can submit flight details.

- bank statement showing +\- 5 transactions in Adelaide area during that 3 weeks (includes a vehicle purchase and rental deposit)

- he paid the deposit for our rental and signed the lease in that time (date shows on bank statement, lease agreement and rental ledger)

- he rode his bicycle, and has Strava records (geotags) of all his rides during that time (we were thinking of taking screenshots of all the rides and providing the login details?).

We were thinking that all these bits and pieces, plus if we could do a stat dec saying he stayed on with that Airbnb host for 3 weeks, would that be enough evidence for that first month or should we wait until the time he moved into our rental in early November, meaning we only apply in November?  We do not have any contact with the Airbnb host so we can’t get a stat dec from them.  From November, we have all the usual stuff like lease, rental ledger, utilities, mobile contracts, bank statements, rego, etc as proof.

Looks like, with the bits pits you saying, the case officer surely gonna ask for more documents and a further 3 month wait from first contact. I reccomend wait till November and make a clean application giving less chance for digging by co.

6 hours ago, KMMC said:

Hello,

I think, you have so much information to proved and justified that your hubby lives at Adelaide that time, so that would be enough.

But let me just remind you, that 2 years start on the time that the visa grant and the time you moved to regional after granting the 489 visa.

Goodluck on your application.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:37 PM, June said:

Thanks mate we’ll do👍🏽

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Let’s open the Sutter. See how many application approves today. 

The immi account website has a system outage today till 9.30am this morning as per their website.

So they will not be starting up till lunchtime I reckon. Do not expect too many grants today unfortunately (again, and again and again.)

It's going to be a long week again it seems.

Hopefully they are updating or implementing new software so everything can get assessed more quickly. That would be awesome. 

• Sad 1

Hi My name is Mallikarjun

I applied my 887 on 27/06/2018, still no reply from immigration

And my wife visa has been rejected last year for 3 years with 4020 conditional basis with the 489 subsequent entry application and my wife is been 7 months pregnant now.

And i already travelled 2 times in last 6 months with bridging visa B.

Is there any issues for my application?

Is there any solutions for my wife to take her to Australia? 

On 7/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, copy said:

Hi all,

i am new to this forum, i applied my 887 visa on 19/2/18 (its been 17 months 2 weeks)

CO contacted me on 24 June asking for new AFP and the reasons explaining that why i didn't move straight away to regional  area. i moved 6 months later after getting the visa cause of family issues. would that have any effect on the outcome? should i call /make a complain? now submitted all the documents asked. second question my wife and my 9 month baby are Australian citizens by birth , do i still need to add them to my file ? i would really appreciate your reply, thank you in adavance.

Hi, @June gave a good response regarding the explanation of the 6 months delay in moving to regional area.

As for your other query, I have the same situation, my husband is Australian. I mentioned him in my application, as I had to state my marital status, but I said "No" in question: "is your partner migrating with you?". because they are not effectively migrating with you. 🙂 They do not need a visa. 🙂 

• Like 1