887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 hours ago, jasmin FR said:

I have waiting since 15 months but no much response from case officers, I tried to follow-up and complaint as well but no response from their end. What should I do?

Unfortunately they will just say that 15 months is still within their timeline. 

30 minutes ago, justaguy said:

All those who got their PRs. Have you got the full Medicare card yet? How did you get it? Online or went to Centrelink directly? Mine is still interim and expiring soon. No info on the site on how to get the full Medicare card that is green colour. 

I called them yesterday and they told me will send to me automatically

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jasmin FR said:

I have waiting since 15 months but no much response from case officers, I tried to follow-up and complaint as well but no response from their end. What should I do?

I’ve been receiving the same feedback from them. email your local Premier. if we all do it, perhaps it might get heard in Parliament or get some attention on all the backlogs that are ignored . 

17 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Thanks. Not sure how long it will take them to send. I haven’t received anything from them yet. 

you can log into mygov, click medicare, and there is a link called "my card" on navigation. if it shows ur card is green colour, it should be fine. if not, better to call them and see whats going on

Finally Wait is over 

Applied - 3 Nov 2019 

Add doc req- 23 June 2020 ( Requested Functional English though it was provided) 

Granted - Today at 3:40 (Darwin Time) 

CO - Theresa 

Was following this group since last 2 years. 
Thank you for your suggestions whenever needed. 

Good luck for everyone whoever waiting 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, justaguy said:

All those who got their PRs. Have you got the full Medicare card yet? How did you get it? Online or went to Centrelink directly? Mine is still interim and expiring soon. No info on the site on how to get the full Medicare card that is green colour. 

We got it directly after 2 weeks of our grant. Check if your address is correct in the medicare app. 

Edited by MS18

Hello Everyone! 

Reaching out for help around Form 80 question no. 35 (Have you been to Australia before?)

As someone who arrived in Australia directly on 489, is the expectation that we mention ALL entries and exits into and out of Australia after the first arrival?

E.g. I made my first entry into Australia and went back to my home country and fully immigrated a month later. Do we mention this in this question?

Thanks for the help in advance 

Regards

7 hours ago, Sohail said:

Hello Everyone! 

Reaching out for help around Form 80 question no. 35 (Have you been to Australia before?)

As someone who arrived in Australia directly on 489, is the expectation that we mention ALL entries and exits into and out of Australia after the first arrival?

E.g. I made my first entry into Australia and went back to my home country and fully immigrated a month later. Do we mention this in this question?

Thanks for the help in advance 

Regards

yes, I also did this to get my driver's licence renewed in my home country. complete all your travel history as much as possible and you'll be good. 😊

On 9/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, Nakul Gautam said:

Finally Wait is over 

Applied - 3 Nov 2019 

Add doc req- 23 June 2020 ( Requested Functional English though it was provided) 

Granted - Today at 3:40 (Darwin Time) 

CO - Theresa 

Was following this group since last 2 years. 
Thank you for your suggestions whenever needed. 

Good luck for everyone whoever waiting 

Congrats Nakul, my CO also Theresa.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, MS18 said:

We got it directly after 2 weeks of our grant. Check if your address is correct in the medicare app. 

I got in touch with Medicare today regarding my interim medicare cards as they are expiring soon and I haven't received the new permanent cards yet. They told me I have to fill in the Medicare form again, tick on renrollment on the form, send them attested copies of passport and PR Visa proof again to get the new medicare cards. I feel this is waste of time. Did anyone else do this? 

3 hours ago, justaguy said:

I got in touch with Medicare today regarding my interim medicare cards as they are expiring soon and I haven't received the new permanent cards yet. They told me I have to fill in the Medicare form again, tick on renrollment on the form, send them attested copies of passport and PR Visa proof again to get the new medicare cards. I feel this is waste of time. Did anyone else do this? 

They told us the same thing. But we decided to wait for 2 weeks as our friends got directly without applying again. And we got without reapplying after 2 weeks of our grant. 

• Like 1