887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi Toot/Simmi

But in 887 Visa page in home affairs website states that you cannot apply for 887 if you have visa cancellation before

Please look at the following link and under eligibility criteria cancelled visas section

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-

I am not sure about whether cancelled visa person can go to tribunal for review?? 

Hi Wincivil,

If you get your Visa refused while you are solely depending on a bridge Visa. (Not holding substantial visa) they put you a tag calls S-48. 

Once you get your self tagged as S48, there are limited Visas that you can apply. - 887 isnt one of them.

In a nutshell, 
If you get your 887 rejected while 489 is valid you are good.
If you get your 887 rejected while 489 is not valid you are in trouble. S-48

Read this : http://onederland.com.au/does-the-section-48-bar-apply-to-my-situation/

Regards,

toot toot

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, toot said:

Hi Wincivil,

If you get your Visa refused while you are solely depending on a bridge Visa. (Not holding substantial visa) they put you a tag calls S-48. 

Once you get your self tagged as S48, there are limited Visas that you can apply. - 887 isnt one of them.

In a nutshell, 

Read this : http://onederland.com.au/does-the-section-48-bar-apply-to-my-situation/

Regards,

toot toot

That's scary ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, toot said:

Hi Wincivil,

In a nutshell, 

Regards,

toot toot

Literally though it says on immi site:

"You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia."

Might not be eligible means "in some cases", not by default. ?  It is only my guess, but if your visa cancelled or refused because you have been naughty and breached visa conditions, you may not be eligible? But if your visa is refused due to relatively innocent reasons (not fulfilled 2 years stay and 1 year work requirement, for example), this means you can re-apply again straight away? Guys, anyone knows more about it? ? Oh anyone has an agent who can advise about this?

• Like 2

Nowadays our life is like a sand castle next to the beach. Every time we make the castle, a big wave came and wash it, and again we start to make the castle. Similarly, every week we hope that we will get our grant this week and passed to next week. Don’t know when this pain-cycle will finish.

• Sad 7

29 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Nowadays our life is like a sand castle next to the beach. Every time we make the castle, a big wave came and wash it, and again we start to make the castle. Similarly, every week we hope that we will get our grant this week and passed to next week. Don’t know when this pain-cycle will finish.

It will nelakash, and hopefully, you will be the next lucky winner!!! ?? ? --->> keep your eyes on the prize! ? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 10thfeb said:

I Thought their speed of grant would increase in july..they have slowed down as much as they could..

Don't worry, we will definitely get some grants today. Maybe people are not a member of this forum who got their grant ?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

I have a question. I lodge my 887 application the same date as my Date of Arrival 2 years ago. Will that be a problem?

2 years = 730 days - Found a calculator below - You will be fine .If you arrived on 28/12/2015 2 years 27/12/2017 (for an example) - also 2016 there were 366 days - you are safe

https://planetcalc.com/410/

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

I have a question. I lodge my 887 application the same date as my Date of Arrival 2 years ago. Will that be a problem?

Hi marlowe022,

Please try to use this calculator to see if you end up with 730 full days between your arrival date and application submission:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Did you travel overseas in last 2 years? ? 

PS: su89, sorry for duplication, didn't see your message! ? ? ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi marlowe022,

Please try to use this calculator to see if you end up with 730 full days between your arrival date and application submission:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Did you travel overseas in last 2 years? ? 

PS: su89, sorry for duplication, didn't see your message! ? ? ? 

No we stayed here up until now. So I used the link and heres what it says. Should I include a Colour photocopy of my passport with a stamp of date of arrival on it? Or they already have a record of it?

From and including: Tuesday, 2 February 2016
To, but not including Friday, 2 February 2018

Result: 731 days

It is 731 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 2 years excluding the end date

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

No we stayed here up until now. So I used the link and heres what it says. Should I include a Colour photocopy of my passport with a stamp of date of arrival on it?

It is 731 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

I think it's as of the application date - which means including the application date - just tried to read other forums to see if any more info.. but all says 2  years i.e 730 days - but logically shouldn't it be including the application date?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, su89 said:

I think it's as of the application date - which means including the application date - just tried to read other forums to see if any more info.. but all says 2  years i.e 730 days - but logically shouldn't it be including the application date?

Hi su89, yeah, I was not sure, too, but the way I see it - the arrival day may be excluded as not a full day, whereas the application day is a full day and can be included. ??

Either way, it's 731!!!! Great news for marlowe! ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, marlowe022 said:

No we stayed here up until now. So I used the link and heres what it says. Should I include a Colour photocopy of my passport with a stamp of date of arrival on it? Or they already have a record of it?

I think, the immi will have a record of your arrival, but won't hurt scanning the page with the stamp, too. ? ? 

Great news about 731 days, you are safe! ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1