887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Hi guys, I need some help in my situation. I will complete my 2 years living requirement in April 2019. I have already complete my 1 year full time work requirement as well. However, my job in Adelaide will relocate to Melbourne due to the closing of Adelaide office next April. Is anyone know if I can go to Melbourne to work if I am on my bridging visa of 887? I really love my job and don't want to lost it. What is my option? Thank you. 

No until you get 887 visa granted you cannot move to cities

8 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Hi guys, I need some help in my situation. I will complete my 2 years living requirement in April 2019. I have already complete my 1 year full time work requirement as well. However, my job in Adelaide will relocate to Melbourne due to the closing of Adelaide office next April. Is anyone know if I can go to Melbourne to work if I am on my bridging visa of 887? I really love my job and don't want to lost it. What is my option? Thank you. 

Is your 489 visa Family sponsored or is it state sponsored ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

@nudgee see below for the eligible postcodes you can move to, since you are 489 - Skilled Regional State Nominated.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications/regional-growth

18 hours ago, joshua.qj said:

Hi all,

I applied 887 VISA on 1st April, Now I saw many applicants were asked to show dependents English skills, I am Primary applicant, and my wife doesn't have IELTS, but she has the  "assessment of functional English from a service provider of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)" from TAFE, but the issued date is later than 1st April. So can I upload the assessment for my wife's language proof, or I should wait for CO ask it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @joshua.qj! ? 

Yes your wife as a dependant will need a functional English proof. And yes, AMEP assessment is on the list of possible evidence:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

I am in doubt whether the limit of 12 months validity applies to AMEP assessment, same as for IELTS and some other tests. So best way for you to be sure is to call immi (best do it at 9am sharp on a week day) and ask them whether your wife can use AMEP assessment from that date or she needs to sit IELTS. But don't wait for them to ask for it, act now, get it sorted and upload... It may seriously save you months of extra waiting! ? ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Russki said:

Hi @joshua.qj! ? 

Yes your wife as a dependant will need a functional English proof. And yes, AMEP assessment is on the list of possible evidence:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

I am in doubt whether the limit of 12 months validity applies to AMEP assessment, same as for IELTS and some other tests. So best way for you to be sure is to call immi (best do it at 9am sharp on a week day) and ask them whether your wife can use AMEP assessment from that date or she needs to sit IELTS. But don't wait for them to ask for it, act now, get it sorted and upload... It may seriously save you months of extra waiting! ? ? 

AMEP assessment document by TAFE is not acceptable by the immigration department. I had attached the same but couldn't be considered unfortunately and then we scheduled the date for IELTS exam. It's not that difficult to hit 4.5 overall. So just do it to avoid further delays.  Read the note in brackets they've clearly mentioned. 

• An assessment of functional English from a service provider of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) for eligible visa holders in Australia. (Note: AMEP providers do not undertake assessments of English language proficiency for purposes that are not related to participation in the AMEP).

3 minutes ago, Waiting!! said:

AMEP assessment document by TAFE is not acceptable by the immigration department. I had attached the same but couldn't be considered unfortunately and then we scheduled the date for IELTS exam. It's not that difficult to hit 4.5 overall. So just do it to avoid further delays.  Read the note in brackets they've clearly mentioned. 

• An assessment of functional English from a service provider of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) for eligible visa holders in Australia. (Note: AMEP providers do not undertake assessments of English language proficiency for purposes that are not related to participation in the AMEP).

Thanks mate! ? Another example of misleading information provided online by immigration department. ? Thanks for clarifying this. ??

5 minutes ago, Waiting!! said:

No worries mate, I was even surprised when they asked me to do IELTS by superseding the AMEP document. So strange!! 

Thanks for the information. Just checking for one of my friends, he still needs to apply. Did the immigration department ask for further English proof  rejection AMEP document or specifically asked to give IELTS.

Just now, Angos said:

Thanks for the information. Just checking for one of my friends, he still needs to apply. Did the immigration department ask for further English proof  rejection AMEP document or specifically asked to give IELTS.

Not specifically IELTS, just asked to fulfil the requirement of spouse's English proficiency and referred the link  https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english but they didn't accept the AMEP TAFE document. 

• Like 2

Just now, Waiting!! said:

Not specifically IELTS, just asked to fulfil the requirement of spouse's English proficiency and referred the link  https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english but they didn't accept the AMEP TAFE document. 

Thanks for the reply. Did TAFE provide the certificate 3 or certificate 4 in English or did they give only AMEP certificate.

24 minutes ago, Raed said:

thank you,, what about having Certificate 3 from TAFE, do they still need IELTS?

If Certificate 3 or 4 fulfils the following line, but i remember you've already paid AUD 3850 against English as a Second Language at the time of 489 ? ?????????????????????

• Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

Could someone give me some advice? I am dependent and holding 489 Visa. I already paid 3850$ when I applied 489Visa. I am wondering that when I apply for 887 Visa next month, Will CO request my Ielts certificate? I also found this information: "The second instalment of the visa application charge is not payable if it was previously paid in relation to the subclass 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496 visa the dependant applicant currently holds."?

Thank you so much

Just now, Old Bird said:

Could someone give me some advice? I am dependent and holding 489 Visa. I already paid 3850$ when I applied 489Visa. I am wondering that when I apply for 887 Visa next month, Will CO request my Ielts certificate? I also found this information: "The second instalment of the visa application charge is not payable if it was previously paid in relation to the subclass 475, 487, 489, 495 or 496 visa the dependant applicant currently holds."?

Thank you so much

You don't have to pay anymore if you've already paid at the time of 489.