887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys,

I lodged my 887 application on 22 Aug 2015.

It shocked me when I saw health check required for my father, who is not migrating with us.

I presume this happened because I was kind of misled and put my widowed father's information in the field of "non accompanying dependent", whereas as a matter of fact he's not dependent on me and should have been categorized as "other family member". Actually there are three categories for family members, and the third one on top of the above mentioned two is "accompanying dependent". I have to say it was a bit misleading and I put my father's info in the the wrong place.

As he's neither dependent on me nor migrating with us, I would not get him to go through the medical examination, which is meaningless and time consuming. And most importantly, Aussie immigration policy is one rejected all rejected. I don't want to risk our PR application since my father's not in the best health condition.

I've uploaded a Form 1023, trying to get this corrected.

Does anyone know what I should do in such a situation? I hope the CO won't insist on that health check and rejects our visa application if the outcome of the check is unsatisfactory.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Finger crossed.

Kelvin

Hi Guys,

It shocked me when I saw health check required for my father, who is not migrating with us.

I presume this happened because I was kind of misled and put my widowed father's information in the field of "non accompanying dependent", whereas as a matter of fact he's not dependent on me and should have been categorized as "other family member". Actually there are three categories for family members, and the third one on top of the above mentioned two is "accompanying dependent". I have to say it was a bit misleading and I put my father's info in the the wrong place.

As he's neither dependent on me nor migrating with us, I would not get him to go through the medical examination, which is meaningless and time consuming. And most importantly, Aussie immigration policy is one rejected all rejected. I don't want to risk our PR application since my father's not in the best health condition.

Does anyone know what I should do in such a situation? I hope the CO won't insist on that health check and rejects our visa application if the outcome of the check is unsatisfactory.

Finger crossed.

Kelvin

I think if they are on the non-migrating list, then their health check is not necessary. I have put my parents and sister on the list as non-migrating & non-accompanying dependent (since the application had asked to mention all their details) and now looking at your query I am also beginning to think, if they need health check or no? Can someone please answer this query ? Thanks!

Hi Guys

Congratulate to those who got their visa in recent days..I am also preparing my file as i will complete my 2 years next month.

Again i have a question as i am on 475 visa, and i already been to india for about 80 days in that 2 years due to my father sickness first and then my bro marriage.

Now i am wondering if m still able to file my PR next month after i completed my 2 years or i have to wait for the time spend in india?

Any reply will be appreciable.

Thanks

Hi KRAZZY10...you can confirm this issue with CO who issued you your 475 visa.you will find CO details in your grant letter for 475.i did the same.had a couple of query answered by previous CO.

and i am still waiting for email from your side brother.that help will be deeply appreciated.thanks.

Hi KRAZZY10...you can confirm this issue with CO who issued you your 475 visa.you will find CO details in your grant letter for 475.i did the same.had a couple of query answered by previous CO.

and i am still waiting for email from your side brother.that help will be deeply appreciated.thanks.

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting ....................

anything change sanjeevka...?

Hi Guys,

Finger crossed.

Kelvin

Hi

you have to remove them from non-accompanying dependents and add them to other dependents..but bcz u have already added them in Non-accompanying so just fill a form i am not sure which but after that u can find that automatically CO remove them from your file in non-accompanying.

Ya sure i will send them in ur pvt message in todays date but u said u did the same, what it mean?

and my CO was from T4 and its 3 years ago and m not sure whether he is still with DIBP or not.although everyone says that upto 89 days are allow to stay outside australia in our visa..let see.

Ya sure i will send them in ur pvt message in todays date but u said u did the same, what it mean?

and my CO was from T4 and its 3 years ago and m not sure whether he is still with DIBP or not.although everyone says that upto 89 days are allow to stay outside australia in our visa..let see.

I mean whenever i had any major query i used to email it to my CO.you can try.i know CO might not be there.but try to put your grant letter number/TRN for your previous visa and email it to the email address provided in your previous visa grant letter.someone will get back to you with a proper reply.i haven't been to my country since my entry to Australia.

I mean whenever i had any major query i used to email it to my CO.you can try.i know CO might not be there.but try to put your grant letter number/TRN for your previous visa and email it to the email address provided in your previous visa grant letter.someone will get back to you with a proper reply.i haven't been to my country since my entry to Australia.

Ya thats what i did just now as send an email to Previous CO with all my details and now lets hope if they get back to me with some positive reply.

Meanwhile are you from which country ?

Thanks

I would suggest you not make the same mistake mate.

I just talked to immigration on 131881, and the officer advised me to submit form 1023 to correct the information.

It's like the dependants on the visa applicants are also required of health check even though they are not included in the migrating application. I'd strongly advise you to get this confirmed by immigration before you include them in your application under "non-migrating dependants" to avoid the problem I'm having.

It's weird though why should they be asked for health check when they are not migrating.

Thanks Uniqlo,

That makes me relaxed a bit.

Good luck for you and your family!

Hi Aug887

I add my father mother and sister as (non accompanying dependent). then immigration ask three of them medical. then submit 1023. move all "non accompanying dependent" to "other family member"

Hi Guys,

Finger crossed.

If u put anyone as dependent u r solely responsible for their health and financial needs even if there are not included in the application at this time but what if u include them later on. So its a whole different story. Better u fill the form and change them to other family members.

Edited by Pb08vk

hi guys this is my first post and i would like to thank you guys for sharing vital information on 887 visa. i learned a lot from this site about 887 process and i need to get some information about couple of things. i m on 487 visa and planing to apply for 887 on november 2015. my question is regarding overseas police clearance . i got a police clearance on 2009 and i used that to apply for 487. since then i went overseas (to my country on 2014) only for 3 weeks. just wondering whether i need to apply for a new overseas police clearance ? any information would be really appreciated :)

Hi Guys

Congratulate to those who got their visa in recent days..I am also preparing my file as i will complete my 2 years next month.

Again i have a question as i am on 475 visa, and i already been to india for about 80 days in that 2 years due to my father sickness first and then my bro marriage.

Now i am wondering if m still able to file my PR next month after i completed my 2 years or i have to wait for the time spend in india?

Any reply will be appreciable.

Thanks

A short travel to overseas is fine. I had 4 months gap and I got 887 within 7 weeks. Make sure that you prove them that you were paying bills and all while you were away. When I was away i was still paying my rent ,utilities etc. This will prove that you continued to stayed in the place that you were supposed to.

hi guys this is my first post and i would like to thank you guys for sharing vital information on 887 visa. i learned a lot from this site about 887 process and i need to get some information about couple of things. i m on 487 visa and planing to apply for 887 on november 2015. my question is regarding overseas police clearance . i got a police clearance on 2009 and i used that to apply for 487. since then i went overseas (to my country on 2014) only for 3 weeks. just wondering whether i need to apply for a new overseas police clearance ? any information would be really appreciated :)

Yes u do need overseas PCC. Better u arrange it before applying so u can attach everything at once. Or u will be given 28 days to submit requested docs by CO..

Hi max2015.

As suggested by Pb08vk..you should apply and get PCC before applying for 887.i can understand your point that you got your PCC and then u not been to your country.same is the case of everyone mostly.but see the checklist for 887 and check for PCC validity on immi webisite.all PCC(AFP and overseas) are valid for one year from the date of issuing.Read the old messages on this forum.applicant are always asked for OPCC and AFP.infact few senior had to provide AFP again(those 2013/2014 applicant) because of the validity issue of PCC.its a matter of $42 only but will save your time and worry.

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experience and information.

I was granted 489 on Nov 13 but I moved to regional on Jan 2014. My question is, Can I apply for 887 on Nov 2015 or I have to wait until Jan 2016 ?

Thanks for suggestions

Hi sas , I think u will need to wait until 2016 January . As ur two years counting on the date you actually moved to the designated or regional area.