887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Vicky patel said:

Applied on 18/4/2017

CO contacted today

ask second applicant just AFP CHECK..

with 3 names as my wife known to be three differents names in her documents

And we also submit same Indian Pcc that we submit in 489 subclass no query on that at all..

we gonna do AFP Check this week

Good buddy... Not too far now...

Hello everyone,

I am leaving in regional area for last two years in Australia with my family on 489 visa. Now I want to apply for 887 . In my case I was the main applicant in 489 but now my husband wants to apply as the main applicant in the 887 as he fulfill the job requirements.my question are

1. Are we able to apply through online or have to apply by hard copy?

2.As my husband was secondary in 489 visa but now he want to be the main in 887.What is the requirements for IELTS  for him?(during 489 he only supplied the functional English proof).

Any member with same experience please help with your information.

Application date - 08 April 2017

CO allocated - 24 July 2017

Asked for newborn baby passport copy who was just 3 mnths old.

May be they will ask to do medical in future as well.

Does anyone here gone through the same situation or have any rough idea in regards to HAP ID or New born medicals.

many thx

13 hours ago, Nurjahan said:

Hello everyone,

I am leaving in regional area for last two years in Australia with my family on 489 visa. Now I want to apply for 887 . In my case I was the main applicant in 489 but now my husband wants to apply as the main applicant in the 887 as he fulfill the job requirements.my question are

1. Are we able to apply through online or have to apply by hard copy?

2.As my husband was secondary in 489 visa but now he want to be the main in 887.What is the requirements for IELTS  for him?(during 489 he only supplied the functional English proof).

Any member with same experience please help with your information.

You may apply online and that is probably the best way...

He doesn't need to show anything for English requirement. But you will need to show documents to support English requirement for yourself...

28 minutes ago, Peeyush said:

You may apply online and that is probably the best way...

He doesn't need to show anything for English requirement. But you will need to show documents to support English requirement for yourself...

Thanks Peeyush for your reply.

Did you have the same case?

If any one who have the same scenario like me please response.your information may be helps me a lot.

59 minutes ago, Nurjahan said:

Thanks Peeyush for your reply.

Did you have the same case?

If any one who have the same scenario like me please response.your information may be helps me a lot.

I have the same case. I filled my Visa in May, 2017. Awaiting for CO to contact....

2 hours ago, Peeyush said:

I have the same case. I filled my Visa in May, 2017. Awaiting for CO to contact....

Dear peeyush,

At least I found your case same as mine. Do you know anyone who get 887 same as ours situation.I am really in tension regarding the IElts issue of my husband.As he did not do it during 489 visa application.Have you have any information regarding the English requirements of primary applicant as it is swapped from 489 to 887?

I have mailed to immi.gov.au for some in formation but don't get any .Have you checked with immi before applying?

Your valuable response is highly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Nurjahan said:

Dear peeyush,

At least I found your case same as mine. Do you know anyone who get 887 same as ours situation.I am really in tension regarding the IElts issue of my husband.As he did not do it during 489 visa application.Have you have any information regarding the English requirements of primary applicant as it is swapped from 489 to 887?

I have mailed to immi.gov.au for some in formation but don't get any .Have you checked with immi before applying?

Your valuable response is highly appreciated.

As he is a main applicant of 887. There is no requirement for him to support his functional English. You need to provide the proof of functional English for yourself.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peeyush said:

As he is a main applicant of 887. There is no requirement for him to support his functional English. You need to provide the proof of functional English for yourself.

Thanks for you valuable reply and waiting to  know about your visa application update.

17 hours ago, Visa enquiry said:

Hello Jose

Did you find answer to your questions?

If yes please share here as well??

If subclass 887 visa gets refused, what happens with 489 visa, does it gets ceased with 887 or does it remain in effect to the time it was initially valid for?

Thanks

I called to department..they said that you can not apply 887 if ever your visa is rejected while you are in Australia...again, I called registered MARA agent by appointment..She said, "that wont be a problem", as rejection means that you are staying in Australia with out any visa .Even if 887 get  rejected also, you have 489 and hence it is alright. My final understanding is, we can reapply 887 once if it get rejected also until we have a 489...Also I confirmed from MARA as well as department that ONLY THE PRIMARY APPLICANT  has to be fulfill the conditions of 887(2 year stay+ 1 year job). Anyway, I withdrawn my 887 application by submitting form 1446 because MARA advised me to apply 489 subsequent for family and move to 887 together. Its funny that I submitted withdrawal form at 3.30  PM and got the withdrawal confirmed in the same day!Too fast!!! Right?!

Hello Jose,

Thanks for responding to my query..

Even i cant understand what to do?

I went overseas for 60 days in 2 year period..

I was looking in this forum around 1 year back someone has written that there visa got refused and they applied for 887 the very next day..

And got it granted after 3 or 4 months..

If we withdraw application do we get refund??

Did your consultant told you about that, if visa gets refused can we apply again?

Thanks...

Hello Nuwa,

Can you please advice me can we lodge the visa 887 again if it gets refused once..

Please help me, i have read that you applied it second time and got granted that time...

As jose spoke to immigartion centre and they said you cant apply for 887 again if it gets refused..

Please help me with this query please..

Thanks

On 13/05/2017 at 2:14 PM, nuwa said:

1. dept web states any stay more than 3 weeks should carry a police report

2.main point : when my 1st application got rejected they have stated that they have reduced all the foreign trips and my count of days were around 680 or something - where as I calculated it as 720 or so. I didnt deduct my 4 weeks trips back to my country but they have done it. 

This implies what I said. Also the ones who s done these with consultants confirmed me the same

It is upto you to risk it.I did and failed in  1st time

Hello Nuwa,

Can you please help me by telling that can we reapply 887 if by chance it gets refused due to 2 year reaidence condition not met..

I went overseas for total of 60 days in 2 time while i was on 489..

I still got 489 valid for 1 year..

I have read that you applied it again after your 887 got refused initially.

Can you please clear my doubt..

Thanks a lot..

On 13/05/2017 at 0:14 PM, nuwa said:

1. dept web states any stay more than 3 weeks should carry a police report

2.main point : when my 1st application got rejected they have stated that they have reduced all the foreign trips and my count of days were around 680 or something - where as I calculated it as 720 or so. I didnt deduct my 4 weeks trips back to my country but they have done it. 

This implies what I said. Also the ones who s done these with consultants confirmed me the same

It is upto you to risk it.I did and failed in  1st time

Hi Nuwa,

I got refused recently as well.

The officer was counted all my presence days but mentioned that being absent for holiday is acceptable.

I called the immigration , they told me that 4 weeks per year is acceptable.

I am going to apply againg soon.

could you please confirm that in yoour refusal, the officer mentioned the same about the holidays or not?

it is so important for me before applying again.

thanks 

42 minutes ago, Refused visa said:

Hi Nuwa,

I got refused recently as well.

The officer was counted all my presence days but mentioned that being absent for holiday is acceptable.

I called the immigration , they told me that 4 weeks per year is acceptable.

I am going to apply againg soon.

could you please confirm that in yoour refusal, the officer mentioned the same about the holidays or not?

it is so important for me before applying again.

thanks 

Hi Refused Visa,

Sorry to hear about your refusal mate..

Can you please clarify as noone else is answering my query..

Can you please tell me if once 887 got refused, can we reapply 887..

As immi website says you cannot apply for this visa if your visa has been refused..

Are you going to apply in same category..

And how much was your stay overseas when you applied initially..

Please respond as i have to make decision wherher ro withdraw my file or continue..

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Visa enquiry said:

Hi Refused Visa,

As immi website says you cannot apply for this visa if your visa has been refused..

Please respond as i have to make decision wherher ro withdraw my file or continue..

Thanks

As per immi website and rules, you might not be eligible if you have been denied or refused for any Visa or entry in Australia. I am pretty sure that immi will also look at the reason for refusal. Until and unless the refusal is socio economics factor affecting national security, you can still be grated the visa.

Thus the answer is yes, you can reapply visa. But take help of a immi agent if you are reapplying....

5 minutes ago, Visa enquiry said:

Hi Refused Visa,

Thanks

Hi 

The website says may not apply again.

my agent said it is possible if your 489 visa is still valid.

my absence was around 4 months but I had some reasons which rejected.

please put the link of the website here that I can take a look.

regards

8 minutes ago, Refused visa said:

Hi 

The website says may not apply again.

my agent said it is possible if your 489 visa is still valid.

my absence was around 4 months but I had some reasons which rejected.

please put the link of the website here that I can take a look.

regards

Cancelled visas

You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-