887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, Sharif said:

Hi Everyone, Below my application status for 887 (Uncle sponsored) at this moment,

Application lodge: 16/10/2017

Case Officer Assigned: 20/04/2018 and requested additional doc(Wife English score that was expired and 2 years living proof, 1 years employment doc )

Submitted all required doc on 10/05/2018

Anyone have any idea how long i have to wait to get my PR. Why they are taking to long to grant my visa? Is that relative quota already finished that's why they put me on hold?

Hi Mate, 

Please refer to below doc and be careful not to edit other peoples info.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

You could always call DIBP and followup.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

I have just submitted application but it doesn’t allowing me to attach files..

anybody had this problem ??

D0587F1C-A9A0-403D-B6DC-035A57735793.jpeg

Do not worry mate. Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to retrive your application after payment done. Just log out and log in. Interface will be changed. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hello everyone,

I was able to resolve the issue of the Debt to commonwealth .

had to email ( debtors@border.gov.au ) and and speak to the official at Department of Finance ( 02 6264 1766).

It turned out to be a case of mixed identity with some one of the same name and Date of birth.

They have confirmed over the phone and would also reply to the email with the confirmation of no dues to the commonwealth.

Thanks for the Support and suggestions for the above .

regards

HI @HSK (Applied 14 sep 17),

Did you receive the email with the confirmation of no dues to the commonwealth ?

I have just submitted application but it doesn’t allowing me to attach files..

anybody had this problem ??
D0587F1C-A9A0-403D-B6DC-035A57735793.thumb.jpeg.410b7260731e4ead01f79bcb93c662bb.jpeg
Hey mel887

As you said you just submitted the application. Please check the status of application. If it says submitted you can't upload the attachments. Wait until the status changes to received. Then you can upload.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a4anudeep said:

Hey mel887

As you said you just submitted the application. Please check the status of application. If it says submitted you can't upload the attachments. Wait until the status changes to received. Then you can upload.

Thanks anudeep 

just changed little while ago

now it’s all good..

• Like 1

That’s a great news
Can you please tell me the process regarding the same??

You need to go to the nearest Centrelink office. Please go to this link and see the section for permanent residence applicants

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-card/enrol/how-enrol-or-re-enrol-medicare#a3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's what i'm very much worried..............................................................................................
Guys I wrote to Tiny Burke and got a response from his office that it will be passed on to Tony and further -

"We would also encourage you to contact Labor’s Shadow Minister for Immigration Shayne Neumann as his office is the relevant office for this issue"

So I will be writing to him as well.. We can do nothing abou these changes but we can try.. Atleast we can write.. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, a4anudeep said:

You need to go to the nearest Centrelink office. Please go to this link and see the section for permanent residence applicants

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-card/enrol/how-enrol-or-re-enrol-medicare#a3

Thanks so much for this information. I wasn't aware of this. Going to get mine done today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a4anudeep said:

Wow this is news to me, If I may ask one dumb question>

Does this Medicare card allow us to get free doctors consultation as PR holders?

2 minutes ago, su89 said:

Guys I wrote to Tiny Burke and got a response from his office that it will be passed on to Tony and further -

"We would also encourage you to contact Labor’s Shadow Minister for Immigration Shayne Neumann as his office is the relevant office for this issue"

So I will be writing to him as well.. We can do nothing abou these changes but we can try.. Atleast we can write.. emoji3.png

su89, you are a star! ? You are right, we can try, it's the least we can do! ?  I will write to him, too! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, su89 said:

So I will be writing to him as well.. We can do nothing abou these changes but we can try.. Atleast we can write.. emoji3.png

Hi Su89,

Thanks for the update mate. I spoke to Tony Burke's office about the Citizenship bill pass, The Assistant of Tony said he is gonna definitely talk about this in the parliment if the government brings these changes again.

Regarding the Centrelink waiting time to 4 years,I spoke to Shayne Neumann, MP office. The assistant of shayne neumann said she will give me a call back once she discuss with him.

https://www.shayneneumann.com.au/contact/

I suggest everyone on this forum call below number and ask Shayne Neumann to protest against this bill

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6048

Regards,

Deftown

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Applied in Sept 17 said:

Good morning,

I would like to bring your attention to the proposed Social Services Legislation Amendment (Encouraging Self-sufficiency for Newly Arrived Migrants) Bill 2018 which I believe is unfair and dishonest. The current change suggests that all people who gain permanent residency after July 2018 will have to wait 4 years before they can access most benefits. These include individuals who have applied for their permanent residency last year and are waiting for their grant and if they were to receive their grant after Jul 2018 for no fault of theirs (longer processing times) they wouldn't be receiving these vital benefits. Through the current bill the applicants of permanent residency are put to the mercy of case officers which should not be the case. Furthermore there are other people who have been in Australia for more than 5-8 years and will be eligible for permanent residency in near future but they too will be deprived of these benefits even though after spending a major part of their life in Australia. 

These are individuals who have been legally residing in Australia living their life as lawful residents, paying  their taxes and contributing to the welfare of this glorious nation without receiving any cent of help from Centrelink. They are people who have come here as students or workers. In the case of they being students, they have invested at least $20k per year on their studies here (min $100k over a 4 years period). These people feel betrayed by the current Australian Government. Some of them have been here for more than 10 years and they might be about to receive their residency or will be eligible soon to apply for one. But after having spent a considerable part of their life here and hoping to receiving some aid towards the end, they are being neglected and made to wait another 4 years. 

And there are people who have got their residency lately (before July 2018) and have not contributed or invested anything in Australian economy yet they would receive all benefits. Is it fair on the former group? Isn't the former group more worthy and entitled to benefit? This bill is hollow and very weak in promoting equality and fairness. 

Therefore I request you to raise this issue in the House so that a fair judgement is taken and people's trust and rights are not violated.

These what I have sent yesterday to Tony Burke. If we have more people contacting then hopefully we can see something happening

Hi Sep 17,

Tony Burke is only for Citizenship. I just spoke to his assistance,

The respective persons for centrelink are

shayne neumann
Jenny Macklin

https://www.shayneneumann.com.au/contact/

http://www.jennymacklin.net.au/

Please send you queries to the above link. Also you can talk to them directly over the phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Applied in Sept 17 said:

Good morning,

I would like to bring your attention to the proposed Social Services Legislation Amendment (Encouraging Self-sufficiency for Newly Arrived Migrants) Bill 2018 which I believe is unfair and dishonest. The current change suggests that all people who gain permanent residency after July 2018 will have to wait 4 years before they can access most benefits. These include individuals who have applied for their permanent residency last year and are waiting for their grant and if they were to receive their grant after Jul 2018 for no fault of theirs (longer processing times) they wouldn't be receiving these vital benefits. Through the[...]

This is absolutely fantastic! Thanks mate!!!! ? ? ? We will write to both.

V nice guys.. Appreciate your all hard works..! I am going to write too...!
Lets all write to them.. and time is limited.. the bill will be in parliament any time soon !! Imagine if we all write ... that will be impactful .. thank you guys and cheers !

• Like 1