887 Dependent Application

Hmzakhn

Hi all,

I am 21 years and 2 months old, currently pursuing bachelor of engineering at Adelaide University (third year). I am on a 489 Visa here. Its been 2 years since we have moved to Australia and we have satisfied all the conditions of the 489 visa. We will be applying for the 887 Visa now.
I live with my parents and am financially dependent on them for my international tuition fees and other needs. Currently 887 visa processing time is ranging from 19 -22 months, I are bothered due to such a long processing time period. Because it's mentioned on DIBP website that A child who turns 23 while your application is being processed and who does not meet these ( dependent ) requirements cannot satisfy the criteria for this visa.
Will there be any exception regarding the above highlighted portion since I was granted an eligible 489 visa as a family unit?
Can anyone please clarify, your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Hamza Khan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, Hmzakhn said:
Hi all,

I am 21 years and 2 months old, currently pursuing bachelor of engineering at Adelaide University (third year). I am on a 489 Visa here. Its been 2 years since we have moved to Australia and we have satisfied all the conditions of the 489 visa. We will be applying for the 887 Visa now.
I live with my parents and am financially dependent on them for my international tuition fees and other needs. Currently 887 visa processing time is ranging from 19 -22 months, I are bothered due to such a long processing time period. Because it's mentioned on DIBP website that A child who turns 23 while your application is being processed and who does not meet these ( dependent ) requirements cannot satisfy the criteria for this visa.
Will there be any exception regarding the above highlighted portion since I was granted an eligible 489 visa as a family unit?
Can anyone please clarify, your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Hamza Khan

Its best to consult a MARA consultant in your situation; there is some condition in which if you are still dependent on your parents and are doing full time study, DIBP might consider you dependant and will let you be part of the 887 application. But again i am not 100% sure so do consult an MARA consultant. All teh best!

• Like 1