The Cove Soccer Club Trials 2009/10

cormcvcr

1. Ages

We will invite players from Under 6 to Under 14.

It is our intention to field 2 Under 11's teams, and 2 Under 12's this year.

Additional squads will depend upon numbers at trials.

Coaches help in selecting players for all ages.

2. Trials

Sunday 11th, 18th & 25th October 2009

U6 to U10 1.30 - 3.00pm

U11 to U14 3.30 - 5.00pm

Club Cove - Oval Road, Hallett Cove, 5158

The trials will take place on the footy oval at The Cove.

Players will be expected to wear a kit, shin pads and boots for the trial.

They should bring drinks and prepare for hot/cold conditions.

3. Contact

Should you require any further information on any of the above, please feel free to PM myself.

4. Club details

The Cove Soccer Club has just finished it's second season in the Junior set up, it has always up till then been for seniors only. Considering that the club is still in the early stages, the club has had great success in varying degrees, especially this season.

The club had in the season 2007/2008 u9 to u14, season 2008/2009 started from U8's and now the upcoming season 2009/10 will be moving to start at U6's right through to U14's.

This is a fantastic opportunity to give kids a taste the sport and make new friends, with the hope of progressing to a competitive level.

5. Coaches & other staff

All coaches within the club are qualified to cater for the age group they take, from Junior, youth and senior licenced coaches. We are also extremely lucky that we also have a FFSA State Coach within the club and have also secured a goalkeeping coach too.

The clubs success would not be possible without all the help from the admin/background staff, coaches, assistant coaches, managers, bbq co-ordinators to name but a few.

If your child does become involved within the club, then it would be appreciated if possible that you could lend a hand whether it is taking on a season role or helping out as and when you can. All help will be accepted. No previous experience is required, just a passion to get involved for the future of the club and the kids.

Many thanks for reading and look forward to seeing some or all of you on the above dates.

Cornelia

HI Cornelia

Can you give me some idea of the costs involved and the commitment required (ie number of nights training per week and how many matches per week - how long is the season, is it term 2 & 3 like school soccer, can they do both school and club soccer?)

Thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

the cost last season ranged from $195 to $320, this included a club top (which for some teams, the lower age/price bracket you hand back in at the end of the season), socks, shorts & jacket. The training was one/two nights per week and matches played on Sundays.

The season runs from February till September (training usually a few weeks before games start), yes school soccer can still be played as well as club.

The fees were kept low to encourage kids to come and give it a try. The Cove Soccer Club has the lowest fees out of all the clubs going around, as some can range right up to $800/900 and they still play in the same league as the Cove. This I feel is too much, especially if you have more than one child playing for a club or involved in another sport or activity.

The fees will be increasing this year, but only minimal ie around $30/40 that I have been told so far.

The majority of the fees that come into the Cove are for insurance purposes and kit.

I will chase up the exact amounts for this year and post them on here as soon as I get them.

Cx

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi Cornelia

We are hoping to be coming out August next year (fingers crossed). I am currently coaching an under 7s team back here in the UK as a volunteer. My son plays for the team and is obsessed with the game so one of our first jobs when we arrive will be to find him a club. As for myself i really enjoy the coaching role and am currently doing my coaching badges. Would there be any opportunitys for myself to carry this on?

Cheers Mark

Hi Cornelia

We are hoping to be coming out August next year (fingers crossed). I am currently coaching an under 7s team back here in the UK as a volunteer. My son plays for the team and is obsessed with the game so one of our first jobs when we arrive will be to find him a club. As for myself i really enjoy the coaching role and am currently doing my coaching badges. Would there be any opportunitys for myself to carry this on?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

there most certainly would be the opportunity to carry this on.

I myself coached my daughters team at school last year and obtained my Junior Licence Certificate through the school, as did my husband who was coaching my sons team at the time through the school too.

My husband then went on to coach within the Cove Soccer Club and got his Youth Licence and was lucky to obtain a coaching assistants position with the U13 SA State Squad. He is at this very time at a night class to get one part of his Senior Licence.

We came as parent helpers and now have an active role within the club, as I said my husband as a coach and myself as a Small Sided Games Co-ordinator.

There are always opportunities within kids development in any sport and it's even better that you want to be involved as you would be there with your child in training and games anyway.

I will PM you my contact details and you can get in touch when you arrive and I can help point you in the right direction.

Hi,

Im 17 and we are moving down to hallett cove in a couple of weeks, i see that this club doesn't run to my age group.

Would you know of any that do or that are open age ?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

there is an U19 squad and I know of a 17 year old who plays for them, so there are opportunities there. If not at the Cove then certainly with other local teams in the surrounding areas.

I don't think you will find it too hard, just keep in touch and I'll keep you up to date with whats happening.

Cornelia,

I spoke with gary on Sunday just past, and said i want to take a more active role this year now i'm going to be home more, and will be willing to help out with coaching too. I was planning or sorting all this out at the get together for trials, but i have to go to Queensland for the week on that day, but Gillian will still come up with Calum and drop him off. But just letting you know i will be willing to be a lot more involved this year.

Shaun

Cornelia,

I spoke with gary on Sunday just past, and said i want to take a more active role this year now i'm going to be home more, and will be willing to help out with coaching too. I was planning or sorting all this out at the get together for trials, but i have to go to Queensland for the week on that day, but Gillian will still come up with Calum and drop him off. But just letting you know i will be willing to be a lot more involved this year.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

you must have had one juice too many, you told me too!

Anyway, that's brilliant, I have the feeling we are going to be inundated with Juniors this season since it is starting from U6's and there will be a few teams per age group, so we will definately be taking all the help we can get.

The season doesn't start for training until February 2010 anyway, so that's plenty of time for us to try and get your coaching licence sorted if you want to go down that route. There are two courses this month, but I just checked and they are full. I will keep an eye on it for you and as soon as they have another course sorted out I can let you know.

Here's to another successful season at the Cove, if it's half as good as the last then it will be brilliant!

Hi Sam,

there is an U19 squad and I know of a 17 year old who plays for them, so there are opportunities there. If not at the Cove then certainly with other local teams in the surrounding areas.

I don't think you will find it too hard, just keep in touch and I'll keep you up to date with whats happening.

Thanks i will do, also i did a bit of coaching the younger ages back home, so if their would be any opportunities doing that, i would be very interested.

Thanks i will do, also i did a bit of coaching the younger ages back home, so if their would be any opportunities doing that, i would be very interested.

Hi there,

I have sent you a PM with regards to Sam, but all the help we can get we will take, so it would be worth your while coming along to the trials if you are free, there are people who would love to speak to you about it.

Thanks

Hi there,

I have sent you a PM with regards to Sam, but all the help we can get we will take, so it would be worth your while coming along to the trials if you are free, there are people who would love to speak to you about it.

Thanks

Yeah i'll definately try get down, id love to evetually take my badges if possible also, but ill see where we are first.

thanks, Sam

Yeah i'll definately try get down, id love to evetually take my badges if possible also, but ill see where we are first.

thanks, Sam

Well if you do make it, I will be there for the full trials of juniors/youths, so just ask for me.

There is also an opportunity through the FFSA and the NDJSA to be a referee, this is a great opportunity for people like yourself to earn some money at the weekend and be involved in something that you love too. You can get around $40 per game.

Hi Cormcvcr

We arrive november 7th my son will be just 14 can you advise how i will go on ,will we be to late for this season or not also we will be living in a place called Mylor do you know of any teams around that area.He plys in a sat & sunday league here he plays center back.left back or left med any help would be grat .

Thanks Parko

Hi Cormcvcr

We arrive november 7th my son will be just 14 can you advise how i will go on ,will we be to late for this season or not also we will be living in a place called Mylor do you know of any teams around that area.He plys in a sat & sunday league here he plays center back.left back or left med any help would be grat .

Thanks Parko

Hi Parko,

I think you would come under the Adelaide Hills catchment and they have a club there from Junior right through to youth, so I think your son will find he will have a few options. Hallett Cove is around 45mins from Mylor so it's up to yourself on travel.

The cut off point for transfers between clubs if you are already registered within one and want to move to another is June 30th, we can take new player registrations up to that point too.

The trials for most clubs is October/November, with training starting January/February and the season starting March/April. So don't worry about not getting into a club, all that happens is the club that you want to go to, ask to join in on one of their training sessions and that will be used as a mock trial to see how your son would fit into the team and if they require another player of his position. We were still taking kids right up till June, who had recently arrived and obviously missed out on the trials. There are always spaces due to people leaving, sickness, injuries etc so don't worry, he'll get snapped up into someones team.

Let me know if you need any more information, only too happy to help.

Just bumping this one up again and will be doing so again before the trials next Sunday.

Two kids who played for The Cove Soccer Club U11's team were selected for a State Identification Tournament held at Parahills this weekend and one of them have now been selected to go for State Trials. This shows the pathway for kids to progress in their career.

The coaching that kids obtain from the club is fantastic, together with the excellent back up of the parents who take the time to bring them to training and matches.

Come along to the trials who knows where it could lead to!

Just bumping this one up again and will be doing so again before the trials next Sunday.

Two kids who played for The Cove Soccer Club U11's team were selected for a State Identification Tournament held at Parahills this weekend and one of them have now been selected to go for State Trials. This shows the pathway for kids to progress in their career.

The coaching that kids obtain from the club is fantastic, together with the excellent back up of the parents who take the time to bring them to training and matches.

Come along to the trials who knows where it could lead to!

Hi there

We spoke to Shaun Wilson today who told us about the trials. We will be there next week. Our youngest Harry is 11 so will be under 12's. My eldest Charlie is 14 so would be an under 15 this season. Are you hosting an under 15's team?

Thanks

Mel

Hi there,

at present there is no scope for an U15's team, we have extended the age groups this year to try and cope with some of the demand, but park restrictions means we would struggle for training areas and game times with the area of land that we have. But never say never, we are in discussions with the council, so we will keep you posted.

But at the moment no.

Guest cunnah10
Hi there,

at present there is no scope for an U15's team, we have extended the age groups this year to try and cope with some of the demand, but park restrictions means we would struggle for training areas and game times with the area of land that we have. But never say never, we are in discussions with the council, so we will keep you posted.

But at the moment no.

We sadly MISSED it .... Just unfortunate for us with hectic things going on at home!!!

The plan was to get Dave our 8 yr old up to Hallett Cove Trials!!

Guest cunnah10
1. Ages

We will invite players from Under 6 to Under 14.

It is our intention to field 2 Under 11's teams, and 2 Under 12's this year.

Additional squads will depend upon numbers at trials.

Coaches help in selecting players for all ages.

2. Trials

Sunday 11th, 18th & 25th October 2009

U6 to U10 1.30 - 3.00pm

U11 to U14 3.30 - 5.00pm

Club Cove - Oval Road, Hallett Cove, 5158

The trials will take place on the footy oval at The Cove.

Players will be expected to wear a kit, shin pads and boots for the trial.

They should bring drinks and prepare for hot/cold conditions.

3. Contact

Should you require any further information on any of the above, please feel free to PM myself.

4. Club details

The Cove Soccer Club has just finished it's second season in the Junior set up, it has always up till then been for seniors only. Considering that the club is still in the early stages, the club has had great success in varying degrees, especially this season.

The club had in the season 2007/2008 u9 to u14, season 2008/2009 started from U8's and now the upcoming season 2009/10 will be moving to start at U6's right through to U14's.

This is a fantastic opportunity to give kids a taste the sport and make new friends, with the hope of progressing to a competitive level.

5. Coaches & other staff

All coaches within the club are qualified to cater for the age group they take, from Junior, youth and senior licenced coaches. We are also extremely lucky that we also have a FFSA State Coach within the club and have also secured a goalkeeping coach too.

The clubs success would not be possible without all the help from the admin/background staff, coaches, assistant coaches, managers, bbq co-ordinators to name but a few.

If your child does become involved within the club, then it would be appreciated if possible that you could lend a hand whether it is taking on a season role or helping out as and when you can. All help will be accepted. No previous experience is required, just a passion to get involved for the future of the club and the kids.

Many thanks for reading and look forward to seeing some or all of you on the above dates.

Cornelia

Woooo Hooooo ...THOUGHT it was this weekend..... BUT just found out we have NOT missed it!!

• 11 months later...
Will 2010 /11 trials be this october ???

yes they are. heres the dates :)

Sunday 17th, 24th & 31st October 2010

U6 to U11 11.30 - 1.00pm

U12 to U13 1.30 - 3.00pm

U14 to U17 3.30 - 5.00pm

The Cove Sports Complex, Oval Road, Hallett Cove

$380 Season Fees !

Shaun 0428 211 278 / Andy 0450 909 435

kathx