Visa Grant Backlog

Toneless

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wen66
Any updates on this? We submitted on the 9th Feb and have yet to be allocated a CO. Anyone else on similar dates that has a CO? Taffyowen

Ours (190) was lodged by agent on the 1st Feb. No CO yet. :(

I assume we'll experience the delay, as even folk with CO's allocated are facing the delays.

Trying to stay positive. :err:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Any updates on this? We submitted on the 9th Feb and have yet to be allocated a CO. Anyone else on similar dates that has a CO? Taffyowen

I would think there would be a good chance if these visas are on hold until july in SA, if you don't already have a CO you might not be allocated one until then?.......

Does anyone know of examples of people having submitted and paid for their VISA and not actrualkly getting a grant (subject to Medicals and police checks)? You would hope that if they were taking your money theres a good change of getting through? If so on what basis could they? Staying positive but would be good to know!

Guest wen66
Does anyone know of examples of people having submitted and paid for their VISA and not actrualkly getting a grant (subject to Medicals and police checks)? You would hope that if they were taking your money theres a good change of getting through? If so on what basis could they? Staying positive but would be good to know!

I've just checked the SNOL list....My Oh occupation has dropped to medium availability...:( It's been high the whole time we've been going through this process. We started down this route a year ago.....

It could be a reason for not getting grant if the ceilings have been met.:eek:

Guest wen66
Where are you in the process? Surely when they allow you to submit the VISA application and pay its based on spaces available for that occupation, otherwise it would get very messy for all involved!

190 Visa was lodged 6 weeks ago. Apparently, they process in order of online receipt. Ours is February. So they are currently processing January applications. But what depressed me the most was, even if you have a CO allocated, it's no guarantee, it will be processed quickly.

Very frustrating but as you say, need to stay positive. My agent hasn't replied to my emails yet. I emailed her on Tuesday. I reckon she's afraid to tell me..lol...

Where exactly on the Immi website does it refer to delays til July? Anyone know?

If anyone has anymore feedback or info, keep us all posted. x

We can personally handle the delay, its not having a guarantee that even though you've paid and submitted your not 100% sure to get the VISA which is unsettling. I haven't seen anything on the Immi website and have only been fed this information via the this website. Possibly its looked upon from an individual basis - again you'd expect to be told directly if there is going to be a delay. We aren't using an agent therefore will just keep checking Immi website....

Guest wen66
We can personally handle the delay, its not having a guarantee that even though you've paid and submitted your not 100% sure to get the VISA which is unsettling. I haven't seen anything on the Immi website and have only been fed this information via the this website. Possibly its looked upon from an individual basis - again you'd expect to be told directly if there is going to be a delay. We aren't using an agent therefore will just keep checking Immi website....

I know what you mean. Good things are worth waiting for:-)

Keep us posted if you hear anything new. In the meantime, looking forward to the weekend....the sun's supposed to be coming out!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Taffy, every day people that have applied for and paid for their visa application get their grant turned down....

you are paying for your visa application to be processed, you are not paying for a visa to be granted.

There are lots of reasons as to why a visa not be granted to you. If that reason is that you do not meet the requirements of the visa as set then yes you have lost your application fee.....however if your visa application no longer meets a requirement because immi has made a change, ie have reached ceilings, removed occupation etc you would be entitled to a fee refund, you have to fill in a form to get one and it can take 6-8 weeks to process.

I'm not sure what the % of people granted vs refused are but there are lots of visas turned down, also lots of reasons for refusals.

Guest Claire-n-tel
We can personally handle the delay, its not having a guarantee that even though you've paid and submitted your not 100% sure to get the VISA which is unsettling

It is important that everyone remember that noone is ever 100% sure of being granted a visa just because they apply and have paid the fee.

The fee is for the processing of your application not for the grant of a visa. There are numerous reasons for which you might not have a visa granted. Even if it looks like/you have been told you have a really good application you might not be granted a visa.

DIBP advises State and Territory Nominated GSM visa grants have not exceeded 2013/14 planning levels and applications are still being processed. However, there has been a greater than expected demand this year and steps have been taken to ensure the planning levels do not exceed those authorised by the Minister.

Copied and pasted from email our agent sent yesterday. She told me to beware of what you see on forums as they can sometimes make you panic! She also said regarding the non-issuing visas until July query, that no visa has a time guarantee on it and if they issue our visa in July then it's just one of them things, the timeframe from lodgement to grant of a visa is not a matter of weeks anyway so don't panic people. The statement they sent my agent does not mention any timeframes just seems to mean there may be a bit of a delay!!

Hi guys. We lodged our SA 190 in August 2013!!! But we waited to be asked for PCC & Meds. These were requested by our CO in October and completed in November. We then had to submit a Subject access disclosure for an old conviction which we only got back and sent two weeks ago. I called Australia on Tuesday to ask if they were still issuing 190's as we had lodged back in August. and was told yes indeed they are still being issued and to keep waiting. So i guess they are working through them in date order and or in order of completed applications. So we still dont know if its coming next week or in July. Fingers crossed everyone.

Guest Shan016
Hi guys. We lodged our SA 190 in August 2013!!! But we waited to be asked for PCC & Meds. These were requested by our CO in October and completed in November. We then had to submit a Subject access disclosure for an old conviction which we only got back and sent two weeks ago. I called Australia on Tuesday to ask if they were still issuing 190's as we had lodged back in August. and was told yes indeed they are still being issued and to keep waiting. So i guess they are working through them in date order and or in order of completed applications. So we still dont know if its coming next week or in July. Fingers crossed everyone.

Keep us posted on your case we are in same boat lodged February 2013 but then had to go to court for leave to remove case which we won but then had to do subject access request which gave in in December. Do you know if your app has gone on along time do they process it bit by bit or leave it until last bit of info is in? Didn't have our SAR until dec 2013 and court order January 2014.

Guest Claire-n-tel
14 weeks since lodgement. . 6 weeks since CO was assigned .. No grant or feedback till now :( waiting is a killer

I would advise you..... and everyone else.....to stop waiting for anything to happen before july, it sounds like that is most likely. Get on with enjoying the things in life now and things that you may end up missing if you do eventually gain a visa. Spend time with family and friends and doing things you have never gotten around to doing.

Guest LadyBug

Claire-n-tel, it's easier said than done. I believe this is not what we only think about, but it's always at the back of our head. I cannot imagine someone, who put so much effort, time and money into this process, who could just forget about everything and act like nothing is going on. But that does not mean that we're paralyzed by this thought. This forum just happen to be the place to discuss our thoughts about our visa process. But for sure these are not our only thoughts.

:wink:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Claire-n-tel, it's easier said than done. I believe this is not what we only think about, but it's always at the back of our head. I cannot imagine someone, who put so much effort, time and money into this process, who could just forget about everything and act like nothing is going on. But that does not mean that we're paralyzed by this thought. This forum just happen to be the place to discuss our thoughts about our visa process. But for sure these are not our only thoughts.

:wink:

Ladybug, I would be worried if it was not at the back of your (and everyone elses) minds. My suggestion was not to forget about it but to stop wasting energy waiting for things to happen before july when immi have stated that it is unlikely. If you are granted a pr visa there will be lots of things that you miss or don't have easy access to i am saying now would be a good time for doing that

I agree that this forum is a great place for discussing you visa journey, but it is also somewhere where there are many people who have been in your situation and like to share their experiences and advice.

Guest LadyBug

Well, my life certainly isn't put on hold as you might think. Others' probably as well. But thank you for your worries.

Good news is that visas are being issued, maybe just a bit slower. And our processes will be finalized one day. I don't dare to say we will all get our visas, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. :wubclub:

Visa grants undergo cycles of quick and delayed notifications in Australia.

Now it seems to be a time we had before, a very slow processing time for visa applicants.

There are many older threads on the mother site pomsinoz.com where I used to have a look to get a feeling for current processing times and I also joined a 'lodging gang' there.

It helped us a lot to calm down when you see other applicants are in the same boat.

Obtaining a visa for Australia is still a privilege not everyone is able to get. I know a few fellows not able to lodge a visa due to the 'wrong' occupation (not (any longer) on the SOL). These failed and frustrated to-be non starters at the first step would be more than happy to swap with anyone of you guys here.

Guest CSK2014

Hi guys, we got assigned C.O :)

congratz to everyone else who has recently been assigned also :)

Our C.O requested a document to be uploaded.

Does anyone consider this as a good sign, that applications are still being assigned to C.O around the 7-10week after lodgement?

As immi stated they have not reached the quota yet, so fingers crossed people :))