Visa Grant Backlog

Toneless

Hi Guys,

I need help of an expert / experience person on this website.

I applied for 489 visa on 6th Feb'14 for SA though state sponsorship. Fortunately, case officer was assigned to me on 20th March. He asked me to fill Form 80 for me & my spouse. We filled the same & it was successfully received by CO on 4th April. However, subsequently, I received the email that my application may take more time than general. I believe it is the same generic email that had been received by my fellow-mates on this website. My occupation was under Medium availability at the time of lodging the claim in Feb'14 & now it is showing Low availability.

Please share if anyone you know had got the visa under similar circumstances & in what time-frame ?

Looking for few motivating words from you.

Please revert.

Hi, My job after I lodged in 12/12 got into special condition in SA. Co assigned 5/2.. 489 Visa granted on 28/3.. No worries :-) relax and u will get ur grant soon

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abhijit

hi,

I am yet to receive visa. Did you correspond with your case officer while your visa was delayed ? if yes, then please share mode of communication & message utilized for communication. Everyday is getting me restless now.

please reply

I was assigned to a CO in Brisbane Team 34, however I received an email on Tuesday saying:

'This email box is no longer in use. Your email has been forwarded to GSM.Brisbane@immi.gov.au for processing'

Has anyone else received this? My CO was great at getting back quickly however Ive not received any response from the new email address since contacting them. Has anyone else received this message?

We are applying for a 190 VISA and only have medicals to do and have had to wait as our newly born child has just arrived 5 weeks ago and we had to get his Birth Certificate and Passport arranged so that we can generate a HAP ID.

Would like to get this ASAP and crack on!! Any suggestions??

Thanks

Guest Abhijit

hi,

i was assigned a CO 2 months back & I fulfilled all requested documents by him about 6 weeks back. I am waiting for grant. I heard if you disturb CO by emails/ calls, they give unpleasant outcome. I am afraid of it & hence donno what to do now ? if i were to write email, what would message body should contain exactly ?

Guest Abhijit

hi,

i was assigned a CO 2 months back & I fulfilled all requested documents by him about 6 weeks back. I am waiting for grant. I heard if you disturb CO by emails/ calls, they give unpleasant outcome. I am afraid of it & hence donno what to do now ? if i were to write email, what would message body should contain exactly ?

Guest Gidzaldo

That shouldn't be the case. Decisions are based on your documents and eligibility not on appeasing CO by not 'disturbing' them by emails. That is their job to answer queries so you shouldn't be denied a visa because you sent too many emails to CO

I was assigned to a CO in Brisbane Team 34, however I received an email on Tuesday saying:

'This email box is no longer in use. Your email has been forwarded to GSM.Brisbane@immi.gov.au for processing'

Has anyone else received this? My CO was great at getting back quickly however Ive not received any response from the new email address since contacting them. Has anyone else received this message?

We are applying for a 190 VISA and only have medicals to do and have had to wait as our newly born child has just arrived 5 weeks ago and we had to get his Birth Certificate and Passport arranged so that we can generate a HAP ID.

Would like to get this ASAP and crack on!! Any suggestions??

Thanks

I read somewhere that they have stoppes the system of allocating CO to applications. Instead the application is assigned to a team and anyone can pick it up or respond to queries.

I sent my CO an email last month but got a reply from a generic email address. So there may be some truth in that post I read

Hi all,

I contacted my agent again to ask a few questions as I'm finding this very frustrating as are others on here so this is a quick update. These are the questions I asked and the replies I received.

Questions.

I was wondering whether you have received anything from immigration about our case?

Have you contacted them as it's been 9 weeks?

Can you send me our login details so we can check our progress ourselves?

Have there been any visa grants?

As I'm sure you know we aren't happy with the way immigration have treated us as are many people. But we would like to be kept informed of any updates in visa grants or anything else that might concern us.

We know it's not your fault but if you could keep us updated we would really appreciate it.

Answers

I haven’t heard anything further from Immigration in regards to your application and of course, as soon as I do hear anything I will let you know.

We are not able to contact a case officer for an update on a Subclass 489 applicant at the moment and at least not until after the new financial year as DIBP has already announced that due to planning levels, applications are being streamlined and granted in accordance with policy and date order. I have pasted in below a response we received from a case officer in respect to the temporary processing guidelines in place now for Subclass 489 applications.

I can’t send you the login details for your application as all applications are lodged under our agent login details.

At this point we haven’t received any grants for Subclass 489 visas since Immigration announced that they were close to reaching their planning levels.

And this email.

Thank you for your email and for the documents provided.

Please take note of the following update:

Each year visa planning levels are set by the government for the programme year which forms the Migration Programme.

The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category each year.

The Direction specifies that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements which can affect the order in which applications are considered during the programme year.

As of February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements as follows:

• decisions on state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

• family sponsored subclass 489 applications ; and

• any other Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements.

Therefore due to the above circumstances, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for the finalisation of this application.

So no further forward and the waiting continues............. :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Payman

Hi all

I've lodged at 6 may 2013 for visa 190 NSW and my CO requested medical and PCC at 10 may 2014. I uploded requested docs (medical and PCC) at 17 may 2014?

generelly how long I should wait for granting visa? If any one has experiences or information please share them here.

I hope waiting for all friends be short!

Payman

Edited by Blossom
Removal of email as per forum rules

Guest gopsing

Hi all..am new to this forum ..came across it through Google. .recently my brothers PR got rejected since he didn't get 6 band I'm ielts after lot of tries..I don't a understand how he failed it coz he can write speak well..now his visa expires on 2 Jun what can he do now??

Hi all..am new to this forum ..came across it through Google. .recently my brothers PR got rejected since he didn't get 6 band I'm ielts after lot of tries..I don't a understand how he failed it coz he can write speak well..now his visa expires on 2 Jun what can he do now??

On what type of visa he is now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abhijit

Any news on 489 visa for south Australia ?

Hi all,

I contacted my agent again to ask a few questions as I'm finding this very frustrating as are others on here so this is a quick update. These are the questions I asked and the replies I received.

Questions.

I was wondering whether you have received anything from immigration about our case?

Have you contacted them as it's been 9 weeks?

Can you send me our login details so we can check our progress ourselves?

Have there been any visa grants?

As I'm sure you know we aren't happy with the way immigration have treated us as are many people. But we would like to be kept informed of any updates in visa grants or anything else that might concern us.

We know it's not your fault but if you could keep us updated we would really appreciate it.

Answers

I haven’t heard anything further from Immigration in regards to your application and of course, as soon as I do hear anything I will let you know.

We are not able to contact a case officer for an update on a Subclass 489 applicant at the moment and at least not until after the new financial year as DIBP has already announced that due to planning levels, applications are being streamlined and granted in accordance with policy and date order. I have pasted in below a response we received from a case officer in respect to the temporary processing guidelines in place now for Subclass 489 applications.

I can’t send you the login details for your application as all applications are lodged under our agent login details.

At this point we haven’t received any grants for Subclass 489 visas since Immigration announced that they were close to reaching their planning levels.

And this email.

Thank you for your email and for the documents provided.

Please take note of the following update:

Each year visa planning levels are set by the government for the programme year which forms the Migration Programme.

The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category each year.

The Direction specifies that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements which can affect the order in which applications are considered during the programme year.

As of February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements as follows:

• decisions on state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

• family sponsored subclass 489 applications ; and

• any other Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements.

Therefore due to the above circumstances, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for the finalisation of this application.

So no further forward and the waiting continues............. :arghh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Abhijit

Hi guys !

got the 489 visa for SA today. Now job search will start. All thanx to my well-wishers. May you all get your visas quickly as well.

Hi all,

We received our VISA GRANTED letter today we're absolutely delighted. For all you's still waiting hang in there.

All the best Niall

congratulations Niall so so pleased for you, I think that calls for a little drink or 3, don't you? xx