flossybeth

Steam irons

I'm thinking of buying one of those irons that has the reservoir type thing - does anyone have one and are they any better than a standard steam iron?

Thanks.

Guest Guest12727

I have used one for about 12 years. Had one in UK, brought it here and now have a replacement - so they have lasted well. I wouldn't go back to a standard steam iron. Ironing is much faster and can iron really delicate fabrics with the plate attachment on the base. For many items I only iron one side - but I am not a fussy ironer. When I am too lazy to get the ironing board out for a shirt in the mornings, I just hold it up and steam.

Hello

i have one that we bought in the UK and shipped it over with our furniture and I can definitely recommend it. One of the things I am glad I fetched.

Jo

I'm thinking of buying one of those irons that has the reservoir type thing - does anyone have one and are they any better than a standard steam iron?

Thanks.

I have one. It changed my life....!!! I know, I know...very sad but true.

Its the Tefal GV9110 which I am pretty sure they don't make any more. We must have had it for over 5 years and its still going strong.

Hth

Sarah

As a house trained husband I found they were terrible to use and a real pain in the butt (Linda agrees too), if we got one given I would rather put it in the bin than let someone else suffer with it! my daughter in law in the UK had one, we did not like the idea of a reservoir of steaming water which could be dragged off either accidently by the user or by the little grandkids crawling/running around, we went out and bought a proper one to use when we go there on holiday.

PS. DIL has now got a proper one and admits the other was a pain to use, but then she is one of those types which wants everything that's new rather than getting what is more practical or economical.

I love my steam generator iron! Much quicker and easier than a regular iron, I definately would not go back.

I brought mine in the UK a few years ago and bought it over with us.