Blossom

Jamie's Italian

How did I miss that Jamie Oliver had a restaurant opening in Adelaide? I knew he had the ministry of food place opening down south, but hadn't heard anything about the restaurant in the city. Has anyone been yet?

Hi all

over ponceyfied sonds like my pasta i just add a little of this and that

but no charge

think Jamies a good bloke though hes doing a lot overhere with school dinners

I always found the food at the Jamie's Italian in England to be good. Lot more to it than just pasta.

Kids menu was nice but would have liked more of it and less fussiness to it. Son didn't care about the lemon swirls or carefully dressed salad. Just wanted his chicken and chips.

We've booked for the end of September for Rich's birthday. Really looking forward to it and the prices actually look very reasonable. I don't for one minute think it will be over-ponceyfied...but of course, that's just my opinion...

Will never try it ...went to one of his in the UK and it was so awful service was bad and the food was awful and half cold....we only went as we felt everyone else did ...there are so many lovely restaurants to go to here and try .....hope who goes has a better experience than we did

I think we were just unlucky ....

Most likely. Most everyone I know who has tried them found them decent. The odd horror story but that can happen anywhere.

They are not high end fine dining a la carte restaurants. But what they do do I have always found generally good and the food (for its price range) good. Its a good introduction to Italian that some might not ever try or bother looking at too. I find the wooden chopping boards a bit much, I prefer a plate but this happens in a lot of places now, so not just a Jamie gripe.

I always found the staff great and when I did have a complaint about my steak as they were clearing my plate they asked had the steak been ok while looking at what I had left, and I said it wasn't the best but it had been cooked as I had wanted. Just the meat itself let it down. I got an apology from the manager and free dessert. He said I would have been given another steak if I had said but I told him it wasn't the way it had been prepared, just the steak piece so I hadn't an issue with the prep etc. As a side note, dessert was lush :smile: