Oh warm weather how I have missed you

zebedee

How lovely was it at the weekend? Despite spending a considerable number of hours decorating - still managed to fit in the beach, couple of walks and eating outside with some cold beers admiring the Lofty Ranges. Magic. Even better after coming back from some very variable weather in the UK's "summer"!

Edited by zebedee

It was lovely.

I was so happy to feel that warm breeze and that it was above 23C well into the later evening here. I think one of my favourite things here this time of year is when its warm enough to leave the doors and windows open and just have the screen doors doing their thing. I love hearing all the birds in our garden and we often hear koalas and possums too. We didn't shut the front door last night till gone midnight!

It'll soon be gecko finding season in the house too as they tend to start appearing more around the house as it warms up.

Next thing is ripping off the winter duvets and putting the lighter ones on. Think its warm enough for that now and we can always chuck a blanket on if need be.

Well done on the decorating. We plan do decorate some rooms in the coming weeks and I am not looking forward to it. But want to get it done before it gets too warm.

"Goldilocks days"...not too hot and not too cold! :smile:

I have hated this winter.

I was asked to get the pool ready for swimming but the night time temperatures are going to drop into single digits this week :frown: I have a new pool pump arriving this week. I noticed that there weren't too many people swimming in the sea over the weekend...just a few "mad dogs and Englishmen" !:biglaugh:

You can get all 4 seasons in one day here!

Nooooooo!

You make us sound like Victoria! (Long renowned for the four seasons/one day thing!). :biglaugh:

That said, it certainly was good to enjoy the warm air on my skin again.

I'm even contemplating de-greening our pond, sorry, pool! :cool: Just contemplating......

Electric blanket back on last night though!

Well my kids have been in the pool already!! Ha ha ha....it is our first yr here though and have suffered two winters. Saturday and Sunday were heaven :cool:

:err: and :elvis:at the pool use already :cute: I'd reckon thats because you've yet to fully acclimatise as you say.

My FIL has a pool and we won't go near it till we've had a good run of warm weather thats for sure. Might brave the kids paddling pool at Tusmore but again, until the weather remains warmer overall it won't see much use. Defo won't hit the outdoor public pools till later on. Son and I don't mind the shallows on the beach but I like it to warm up properly before I start swimming in it. Those 30C days where you can be there at 7am and the water is just gorgeous. Ooo yeah :wubclub: