hoovers

masha

I still absolutely love my Dyson, and it's been reliably serviced by the Adelaide service centre for Dyson since we came here 8 years ago. I bought a newer stick vac by Dyson a few years ago and I love using that one as my daily once (or 15 times) over. :) good guys tend to do good deals on things I find unless you want Myer points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have Miele cylinder vacuum. Would never buy another brand now. $200 on sale. Had been $400.

There is a vacuum store (forger the name) that sells only vacuums and steam mops. One at Marion and am sure they'd be elsewhere. Perhaps try to google the name.

Some vacuums work better on hard floors, others on carpets. Go in and test them out.

Edited by snifter
typos

I still say Hoover. My Australian friends still know what I mean and like that we say it. There are Australian brand names I don't use that Aussies do say instead of the generic item too... Like glad wrap. :) and Panadol. I only ever use the medicine name, doctors NEVER do! They always say Panadol and neurofen.

Godfreys are the vacuum shop but they don't sell Dyson.

I know Miele is a good brand. One thing I will say about Dyson is that you can replace the smallest parts easily and though I fancied a newer one the guy in the repair place (oddly it's run by 2 Mancunians) told me it will go on forever and they are a sought after model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have gone through so many vacuum cleaners!

I currently have a couple of Nilfisk vacuum cleaners. Bought them from Bunnings and one has a 5 year warranty.

For the laminate and wooden floors I have a Bissell lift off steam mop. You can get them from Godfreys but Masters are cheaper (not stocked at Bunnings)

I have gone through so many vacuum cleaners!

I currently have a couple of Nilfisk vacuum cleaners. Bought them from Bunnings and one has a 5 year warranty.

For the laminate and wooden floors I have a Bissell lift off steam mop. You can get them from Godfreys but Masters are cheaper (not stocked at Bunnings)

I'm like you Tamara, in fact the hoover that I have now is the one I've owned longest - it's a Nilfisk (bought from Harvey Norman when we arrived almost 4 years ago) bits have fallen off and the filter light is constantly on (despite having changed the filter on numerous occasions) but the suction still works and I just can't be bothered to go looking.

My favourite ever (imagine having a favourite hoover - oh how I live!) was my Henry and it's definitely one thing I wish we'd made room for in the container.

Had three Dysons before deciding they broke too often, always saw loads at the tip! I also hated emptying them.

Bought a Sebo and love it not seen them here but not looked either.

I brought lads of bags and filters out when we moved and still haven't run out so not looked for them either. It works better than any of my Dysons did and less allergy problems as filters are really good and I don't have to empty loose dust or brush filters clean!

Had three Dysons before deciding they broke too often, always saw loads at the tip! I also hated emptying them.

Bought a Sebo and love it not seen them here but not looked either.

I brought lads of bags and filters out when we moved and still haven't run out so not looked for them either. It works better than any of my Dysons did and less allergy problems as filters are really good and I don't have to empty loose dust or brush filters clean!

You can buy the Sebo brand here. Blooming great make. German company and really good quality and after sales service. Probably one of the best brands out there though not at the cheaper end of the price range. I'd love one but can't afford to spend so much on one. Our Miele is a mid range one and brilliant on our carpets and hard floors. I also bought about 5 years worth of bags for it on sale in Harvey Norman a while back last year, something like 4 boxes of them for $50. I'm still only on the first box :)

You can buy the Sebo brand here. Blooming great make. German company and really good quality and after sales service. Probably one of the best brands out there though not at the cheaper end of the price range. I'd love one but can't afford to spend so much on one. Our Miele is a mid range one and brilliant on our carpets and hard floors. I also bought about 5 years worth of bags for it on sale in Harvey Norman a while back last year, something like 4 boxes of them for $50. I'm still only on the first box :)

I got my Sebo in a John Lewis sale it was cheaper than Most and better spec. Obviously cheaper in the UK not seen the prices here. I had never come across it before but would recommend them. My model at least!

I've just replaced my Dyson with a new Dyson after 10 years.. I could have got a repair but I think it did well considering we used it to clean up plaster dust and rubble from our renovations.. Great as you can order parts online & replace yourself without having to pay for repairs (although I never needed to)

I also have a stick dyson which is great for a quick clean .. theyre on offer at Harvey Norman for $199 which is a great price for them.