887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

One of my Iranian friends was granted PR yesterday. He had applied early Feb 2015. Was asked for overseas PCC.

He also told me that two of his Iranian friends got their visa after 22 months who had applied July 2013.

This processing system couldn't be more unfair and funny.

I am Iranian and applied on Apr 2014 and still waiting funny, isn't it?

Thanks Chatter for your opinion.

The reason behind making my wife primary applicant is she has straight forward one year working documents, where i have worked on a casual basis and inconsistent to show 35 hours of work on a weekly basis.

Also i don't find any information in 887's eligibility criteria who was a secondary applicant in 489 visa. it only says who holds 489 visa and lived and worked 2 years and one respectively can apply this visa.

Questions to you-

Do you mean (4. not sure if you have to update about baby to 489 because I didn't.) you have applied straight to 887 including you child without updating in 489?

Actually I remember now that we forgot to update her to our 489 visa then I went to overseas, while departing from Australia immi officer asked for my daughter's visa but somehow let us go and asked to get her same visa 489. Then After we returned back to Australia, immi gave us 28 days notice to get my daughter same visa. We added her to our visa and after 1.5 months applied for 887.

In your case I assume that since your baby doesn't have a passport, n u are not travelling overseas, you don't need visa for baby. But there is no harm in sending immi your baby's info like birth certificate and tell them to add the baby to your visa then you apply for 887.

I am Iranian and applied on Apr 2014 and still waiting funny, isn't it?
\

Are you applying from Iran or from Australia. One of my friends applied from Iran and it took her 2 years to get PR. Now she arrived in Australia and got a good job. I would say if you are in Iran, just wait for couple of months, you will definitely get it. Use this time to be with family and enjoy life because once you arrived here you won't get much time with family back home.

get some work experience, like fixing car, sewing, fixing computer, some plumbing, electrical work so n so, it may save lot of your money trust me. Everything is so expensive here.

Actually I remember now that we forgot to update her to our 489 visa then I went to overseas, while departing from Australia immi officer asked for my daughter's visa but somehow let us go and asked to get her same visa 489. Then After we returned back to Australia, immi gave us 28 days notice to get my daughter same visa. We added her to our visa and after 1.5 months applied for 887.

In your case I assume that since your baby doesn't have a passport, n u are not travelling overseas, you don't need visa for baby. But there is no harm in sending immi your baby's info like birth certificate and tell them to add the baby to your visa then you apply for 887.

Thanks Chatter.

I am also considering the time frame in between my 2 year stay and lodging my 887 application. Did you applied 887 for your daughter after getting her passport? or with her birth certificate and updated her passport later.

my baby's due date and my 2 years stay are very close with each other. And getting his passport will take few weeks that i want to skip if i can lodge the application with birth certificate.

BTW - Have you got your PR or still waiting?

Hi, once anyone get 487(can be main applicant or secondary applicant).he/she can apply for 887 & include partner as second applicant as long as he/she fullfill condition of 887.so ans to ur question is yes,ur husband can apply as main applicant though he was not main applicant in 487& u can be included in application as secondary applicant though u were primary applicant in 487 application.

Cheers

Hi Ricky_Hope1

As you explained secondary can apply 887 as a main applicant, Now my query is - is it possible to apply online or we have to apply through paper/email immi for the application submission. One of my Friend has recently applied (Secondary applicant as a main applicant for 887 application) and they weren't able to submit online. His lawyer mentioned this is a technical glitch but still i am not satisfied with that answer? So far i know his wife's new passport details weren't updated during his 887 application.

Any Ideas?

\

Are you applying from Iran or from Australia. One of my friends applied from Iran and it took her 2 years to get PR. Now she arrived in Australia and got a good job. I would say if you are in Iran, just wait for couple of months, you will definitely get it. Use this time to be with family and enjoy life because once you arrived here you won't get much time with family back home.

get some work experience, like fixing car, sewing, fixing computer, some plumbing, electrical work so n so, it may save lot of your money trust me. Everything is so expensive here.

887 visa is on shore visa so i think you refer to different visa.

You need to live 2 years and work 1 year to apply for this visa even though i worked and lived for 3 years so far :)

One of my Iranian friends was granted PR yesterday. He had applied early Feb 2015. Was asked for overseas PCC.

He also told me that two of his Iranian friends got their visa after 22 months who had applied July 2013.

This processing system couldn't be more unfair and funny.

Applicant887 - can you please find out for us when the ESC of July 2013 applicants was sent?

Thanks

Hi Sugarboy.. quick question, do you have any idea about estimated time frame of ESC completion? Even though I applied for 887 in Jun'13 but ESC was send to Jun'14. It has been almost 1 yr since ESC. very upsetting :(

Applicant887 - can you please find out for us when the ESC of July 2013 applicants was sent?

Thanks

Edited by Screwed887

Hi Sugarboy.. quick question, do you have any idea about estimated time frame of ESC completion? Even though I applied for 887 in Jun'13 but ESC was send to Jun'14. It has been almost 1 yr since ESC. very upsetting :(

Going by recent results it can take anywhere between 14-16 Months in most cases from when ESC started.

How can we know when was our application sent for ESC?

My case officer confirmed me when it was sent for my application.

You may contact the Brisbane GSM number 0731367000 and check with them. If you get a helpful attendant on the other hand they'll let you know details about it.

Thanks Chatter.

I am also considering the time frame in between my 2 year stay and lodging my 887 application. Did you applied 887 for your daughter after getting her passport? or with her birth certificate and updated her passport later.

my baby's due date and my 2 years stay are very close with each other. And getting his passport will take few weeks that i want to skip if i can lodge the application with birth certificate.

BTW - Have you got your PR or still waiting?

In this case I think only birth certificate should work. If in case Immi ask for it then apply for it and provide evidence that you have applied so they will wait. Yes I got my PR on 19 May 2015.

My case officer confirmed me when it was sent for my application.

You may contact the Brisbane GSM number 0731367000 and check with them. If you get a helpful attendant on the other hand they'll let you know details about it.

Thanks sugarboy.

Just received email from team 10 requesting AFP and police clearence from my home country(Bangladesh). Applied online for AFP, don't know how long will it take to get the clearence from home country.

Hi Shahedce,

What was your original visa? 475 or 489?

Do you know the reason why they asked for home country PCC?

Thanks sugarboy.

Just received email from team 10 requesting AFP and police clearence from my home country(Bangladesh). Applied online for AFP, don't know how long will it take to get the clearence from home country.

Thanks sugarboy.

I'm wondering why they asked for your home country police check again.

Edited by againstthewind

Thanks sugarboy.

Go to your nearest police station in BD and apply for it ASAP. 2 years back i received my one after 3 weeks.

did you submit your Overseas police clearance Cert during your 489/475 visa application?

Go to your nearest police station in BD and apply for it ASAP. 2 years back i received my one after 3 weeks.

did you submit your Overseas police clearance Cert during your 489/475 visa application?

Yes I did submit pcc with my 475 application. And I gave them the same pcc for 887 as well. maybe thats why they are asking for a new one.

I think you can upload your old home country police check if you haven't left Australia for a period of time.

It's better to ask them if you have the old one.

I actually uploaded my old pcc (home country) with my 887 application and since i have applied for 887 (on April2014) i've traveled to Bangladesh twice, each time staying for four weeks.