887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

10 hours ago, 887_Hope said:

Hi All,

I am 1 week away from 887 visa lodging. Unfortunately, I was convicted for mid-range drink driving last Friday at court.

Would this incident affect my visa grant? Has anyone here in this forum having same experience.

Don't have a DUI but had an excessive speeding offence with 12 month license suspension when I applied for 489. excessive speeding fines results in an automatic conviction without having to go to court.  In application where it asks for if you had been convicted i had to tick yes and explain in brief what happened. I included the offence number. And was honest with my explanation , accepted it was my fault , stated that I never had any other offences before and after the incident. I still got the visa however i had a good driving history before and after the offence so maybe it helped.  I believe if you honestly mention this in your application with an explanation ,accepting that you learned a lesson from your mistake & if you havent got any fines/offences before this mention any previous good behaviour in driving etc then this might not be a big issue, BUT if you previously had similar DUI offences there is a chance this might negatively impact your character assessment if so I suggest it's best to seek assistance of an agent. 

Edited by dar8
  • Like 1

Hi,co allocated 30 April Co Dat ,applied on 14 Aplil and provide me 1 year work specified regional area and need the following information:1.Daye of employment (pay weeks) 2.listing the company you have been employed/contracted by 3. The hours you have worked for each of the companies with with total for each work also provided sufficient evidence,tar documents 2016 and 2017 and noticed of assessment 2017, which I provided before and super fund ,but my one company showed pay slips that they gave super fund ,but actually they didn't provide pay super fund ,please give me suggestions,how can prepare these documents.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, SinghKhalsa said:

Co allocated today, I applied for 887 on 13 Nov 2017 . Requested updated AFPfor me and my wife.

What is the reason for requesting updated AFP. is there any name changes of both of you

For all those who have submitted the requested documents and are waiting for their grant now, our cases will only be opened after the 28 days are up. We emailed the case officer yesterday ( the letters were a bit confusing. In one it says to let them know through email when we have uploaded the documents through the immi account) and got an automated response saying that the case will be reopened after the 28 days they allow irrespective of when we actually send the docs. In one way that's a relief because atleast now we have a rough idea when to expect some news from them. 

• Like 2