887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Applied in Sept 17
19 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I can't agree with you mate, to narrow it down to only suite your own situation is also discriminatory in nature. Why not grandfather all those who are already in Australia, no matter the visa, PR or not. It is about principles, if people are already in Oz and paying tax then they should not be affected, PR has nothing to do with it. At least new migrants that are not here yet will understand what they are in for before they come or invest the time and cost in gaining a visa.

I do agree the fairest way would be that all people who arrive in Australia after a later date i.e Jan 2019 so they know what to expect, should have this rule applicable

On 6/10/2018 at 9:10 PM, peace_at_heart said:

Just a question from a friend of mine who recently got 887 visa.

When we go from 489 to 887, are we entitle to CCB/Centrelink/Family Assistance right away or we have to serve two year waiting period?

Thanks.

When i apply for 887, i got Page no 16 to declare. refer attached.

image.png.a8f723bb35c2b6a847f707295948f961.png

image.png

Hi Guys,

After going through all the details you guys talking, I just had brief discussion with my Agent. As per his knowledge what ever change going to happen will not effect people on bridging visa's.  i.e. Rule and regulation will be the same after Grant that were, while applyng for PR. 
However, he will double check with the Migration Department about these upcoming new rules and will update me. I will also update you guys whenever I receive any information..!

Thanks

• Thanks 4

Hi Guys,
After going through all the details you guys talking, I just had brief discussion with my Agent. As per his knowledge what ever change going to happen will not effect people on bridging visa's.  i.e. Rule and regulation will be the same after Grant that were, while applyng for PR. 
However, he will double check with the Migration Department about these upcoming new rules and will update me. I will also update you guys whenever I receive any information..!
Thanks

Thank you Manny please keep us posted .

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Thank you Manny,

Please keep me posted. I'm deadly waiting for your response. I'm mainly looking for Family Tax Benefit (FTB). There is no waiting period at present. If this bill becomes law then wait time is 4 years.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, deftown said:

Thank you Manny,

Please keep me posted. I'm deadly waiting for your response. I'm mainly looking for Family Tax Benefit (FTB). There is no waiting period at present. If this bill becomes law then wait time is 4 years.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks.

Sure Bro..!

But I am confused about this waiting? What is that ?

image.png.435950fae57402348db8b468bceb5c75.png

4 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Sure Bro..!

But I am confused about this waiting? What is that ?

image.png.435950fae57402348db8b468bceb5c75.png

Let me tell what is it.

Current law is there is a waiting time of 2 Years for New start allowance. But Family Tax Benefit FTB doesnt have any wait time. Right from the day 1 you get FTB. FTB is mainly for those  have children and less income. But the proposed law is , wait time of 4 years for New start allowance and FTB.

Bloody they have included this FTB, thats my main concern.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi toot,

The beauty of Statutory Declaration is that you really can put any text in it, but you should be careful not to over-use it. Where you can, best provide third party documental proof of events. And use your stat. dec. as a supplementary proof of the events, but not the only proof. For example, for residency, first collect all correspondence and other documental proof possible, and only then if you feel it is not good enough add a stat. dec. on top.

Also,  I wouldn't recommend to lump too much information in one stat. dec., as there is a chance some of it will be overlooked. ? 

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

Oh okok.. If they include FTB in 4 year waiting period to 

8 minutes ago, deftown said:

Let me tell what is it.

Current law is there is a waiting time of 2 Years for New start allowance. But Family Tax Benefit FTB doesnt have any wait time. Right from the day 1 you get FTB. FTB is mainly for those  have children and less income. But the proposed law is , wait time of 4 years for New start allowance and FTB.

Bloody they have included this FTB, thats my main concern.

Hmm...! I am desprtly waiting for PR as currently I am giving full payment of almost $550/ week to Child Care Center. And If this new rule applies to us then it means have to pay full fees for 4 more years.?? 

2 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Hmm...! I am desprtly waiting for PR as currently I am giving full payment of almost $550/ week to Child Care Center. And If this new rule applies to us then it means have to pay full fees for 4 more years.?? 

same here but 2 kids....

3 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

That's what i'm very much worried..............................................................................................

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hello everyone,

I was able to resolve the issue of the Debt to commonwealth .

had to email ( debtors@border.gov.au ) and and speak to the official at Department of Finance ( 02 6264 1766).

It turned out to be a case of mixed identity with some one of the same name and Date of birth.

They have confirmed over the phone and would also reply to the email with the confirmation of no dues to the commonwealth.

Thanks for the Support and suggestions for the above .

regards

thats very annoying!!! u had to go through all this pain even though it was not your fault at all!!! All the very best for your visa grant BTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone, Below my application status for 887 (Uncle sponsored) at this moment,

Application lodge: 16/10/2017

Case Officer Assigned: 20/04/2018 and requested additional doc(Wife English score that was expired and 2 years living proof, 1 years employment doc )

Submitted all required doc on 10/05/2018

Anyone have any idea how long i have to wait to get my PR. Why they are taking to long to grant my visa? Is that relative quota already finished that's why they put me on hold?