887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Honey said:

I am happy for those who get their grant after long waiting. It's good they clearing backlog but they should also proceed for a new applicant. Who already in the queue and expecting either direct grant or file to be opened.

@Honey, I know how you feel, it looks like they are opening new files parallel to old ones, but in the last few days they prioritise 2nd/3rd timers. 🙂 Either way, we are moving along, and it's a good thing. The smaller the backlog, the quicker they will jump back on February files. 🙂😉 🙃

I must say, the hardest waiting period is when you still have a virgin file, submitted but not once opened, like yours. And it is getting longer and longer before the first CO contact. I sincerely hope COs speed up soon!!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi All,

I have also reached out to David Coleman - The Immigration Minister - via Facebook Messenger. I described him that visa processing delays situation. https://www.facebook.com/davidcoleman4banks/

I hope he hears our voice.

i just wrote to him too need to get some attention to 887 visa , the criteria is simple and the wait is unnecessarily long

• Like 4

Just now, Chaitanya27 said:

Not yet 

Even I gave them suggestion but didnt hear any thing. I suggest while we applying for visa and adding child as applicant. it should auto populate HAPID if child is 6 month old. So that we should not wait to CO to generate HAPID and again wait for next 2-3 month for decision.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Honey said:

Even I gave them suggestion but didnt hear any thing. I suggest while we applying for visa and adding child as applicant. it should auto populate HAPID if child is 6 month old. So that we should not wait to CO to generate HAPID and again wait for next 2-3 month for decision.

after case officer appointed wait time is 4 to 5 months, too ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, Chaitanya27 said:

after case officer appointed wait time is 4 to 5 months, too ridiculous 

But you know I am very surprised by Daniel case: He got within 15 days after the baby medical

03/10/18: CO Peter - Asked Medical check (501) for 6 months old baby. 09/10/18: confirmed Medical Result.

18/10/18: CO Adam: granted.

1 hour ago, Honey said:

But you know I am very surprised by Daniel case: He got within 15 days after the baby medical

03/10/18: CO Peter - Asked Medical check (501) for 6 months old baby. 09/10/18: confirmed Medical Result.

because they only thing left was baby medical.... and once received no reason to delay... Moreover, I guess they want to finish backlog before christmas.... I want the same thing with my case as well 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Daniel24 said:

Hi mates

I just got the granted a few minutes ago after nearly one year waiting. 

Thank you guys in advance to share much information with us and I hope you guys will get the grants soon.

03/04/18: CO Sophorn - AFP clearance National Police Check.- Colour copy of your passport - Newborn.- Certified copy of your birth certificate - Newborn. 08/05/18: Submitted Docs.

12/07/18: Granted 887 bridging visa for my baby (4 months old). No further request.

28/09/18: Make a complaint via the website because the waiting time is over than the processing time.

Looks like my case 🙂
Congrats !!!!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Honey said:

Thank all of you again for celebrating with me!

I think I had a lucky chance on my case but we should have at least a strong reason to make a complaint. I got the response complaint after nearly a week so you guys should wait a little bit.

If all of us make complaints at this time without strong reasons, I think the complaints won't affect as they are. The COs have to take time to do one more step to solve the complaints.

The more strong complaints the more reasons to let they (COs) have to review/update their process. 

I just added more information for someone have the same situation (have a newborn child while applying for the visa) with me. If CO request Medical Exam (501) for baby, let's do this and don't forget to do the baby's photos statutory declaration then submit the button on the application.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1