887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 hours ago, Russki said:

This is how the site works:

1. We start a petition

2. Petition is shared around and signed by as many supporters as possible

3. Sometimes a petition gets media coverage. 

4. Eventually, a decision-maker on our petition makes changes we are asking for (it will be a minister of immigration, at a guess) - but sometimes the petition fails....

5. We can consider our petition a success if the processing times for 887 are reduced. 

Seems easy enough, but I am still not quite sure how it all works in reality. Let's try! 🙂 

so this petition is only going to live in this forum? or we are going to have it on Change.org? or elsewhere? how do we pass it around?

All, I have a question please.

I am in SA on 489 visa and completed 2 years stay condition with 1 year job. I have already applied for 887 visa. Now, if I get a offer from regional area of other states, am I allowed to move there legally ? The other state regional post codes are indicated in my visa as you know.

Thanks 

Dave

2 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

so this petition is only going to live in this forum? or we are going to have it on Change.org? or elsewhere? how do we pass it around?

Isn't there any minimum number of signatures required for a petition to be considered..?

And how many signatures can we get from here??

3 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

I put the text here for you guys to comment before I put it on the Change.org. 🙂 🙂 

When we launch it on the Change site, the Minister of Immigration and his shadow minister will be notified of its existence. They will receive emails about the petition. If anyone can think of additional people we should notify, please let me know. 🙂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 10thfeb said:

Isn't there any minimum number of signatures required for a petition to be considered..?

And how many signatures can we get from here??

To be honest, I have no idea. I have never done petitions before, but we'll just launch it and see what happens. 🙂😉 🤗

I put the text here for you guys to comment before I put it on the Change.org. [emoji846] [emoji846] 

When we launch it on the Change site, the Minister of Immigration and his shadow minister will be notified of its existence. They will receive emails about the petition. If anyone can think of additional people we should notify, please let me know. [emoji846] 

Wasn’t there a minister who supported the citizenship petition? Maybe we can get his support. I can’t remember his name but he speaks on behalf of the immigrants in parliament..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Wasn’t there a minister who supported the citizenship petition? Maybe we can get his support. I can’t remember his name but he speaks on behalf of the immigrants in parliament..

I think it was Shaynne Neumann, the shadow minister for immigration?  🙂 And Tony Burke, shadow Minister for Citizenship.

• Like 1

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. [emoji846] 
https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Thank you so much Russki! Awesome stuff [emoji1490][emoji1490]

Signed it and sent it to all my friends. Let’s all sign and share this guys. Time to spread the word and speak up..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Done and forwarded to my friends in WhatsApp. Thanks,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

Thanks Russki.. Signed...

Edited by JPSLTOZ
add comment
  • Like 1