887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Few of my mates have got their citizenship grant. They are definitely working on citizenship.. also there was a lot of fuss in parliament about the penslding citizenship applications

Just curious, are you referring to any friend(s) in NT? Is there any difference on processing timelines of citizenship applications based on the state you are from? Just heard a friend's friend getting a citizenship grant (possibly) with only a '4-month' waiting period.. I was taken by absolute surprise!

Hi Everyone,

can you please assist with the below?

I'm on 489 family sponsored visa. I'm applying to 887. I've lived in a designated area for two years, not regional area.

In the 887 application form (See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/WL5nCcb), it asked have you lived in specified regional area. Should I say yes or no because the list doesn't include a designated area. Thanks

16 minutes ago, AHJ said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm on 489 family sponsored visa. I'm applying to 887. I've lived in a designated area for two years, not regional area.

In the 887 application form (See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/WL5nCcb), it asked have you lived in specified regional area. Should I say yes or no because the list doesn't include a designated area. Thanks

Im in the same boat. I said 'Yes' regardless. 

24 minutes ago, AHJ said:

Hi Everyone,

489 Family Sponsored does not warrant stringent conditions like its sibling 489 Regional Sponsored. Adhering to designated areas as in https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016L00777 would suffice. So in the application, Regional is almost as same as Designated it's just the more widely used wording.

Applied 887 last Dec  2017 (first week) and still waiting for the grant.

Started in oz since year  2012 as a 457 holder, applied as 489 and exactly after 2 years on 489 applied for 887.

Working with the same occupation and employer since day 1 on 457 and still working with the same company until today (ITC)

We have planned for the overseas holiday this coming december (bought plane ticket on march and also our first time to get back home to visit families) and was expecting the grant this oct..it was my birthday actually last oct 18 and i am hopeful i get the grant (as a birthday present) but was disappointed.

I am now planning to continue with the travel, and apply the BVB bridging visa B by end of Nov, still hopeful for the grant in the next month.

Does anyone has an idea how long would it take to get/granted a BVB?

I did signed the petition yesterday as well.

Thank you guys..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hechpee said:

Started in oz since year  2012 as a 457 holder, applied as 489 and exactly after 2 years on 489 applied for 887.

Working with the same occupation and employer since day 1 on 457 and still working with the same company until today (ITC)

We have planned for the overseas holiday this coming december (bought plane ticket on march and also our first time to get back home to visit families) and was expecting the grant this oct..it was my birthday actually last oct 18 and i am hopeful i get the grant (as a birthday present) but was disappointed.

I am now planning to continue with the travel, and apply the BVB bridging visa B by end of Nov, still hopeful for the grant in the next month.

Thank you guys..

I am on same boat applied on 18 th December but still no update, just wait nothing else we can do 

5 minutes ago, hechpee said:

Thank you guys..

BVB comes immediately. I applied for one when I wanted to travel after applying for 887, and I received BVB grant notice by the end of the day.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hechpee said:

Thank you guys..

What is your timeline mate?

8 minutes ago, Russki said:

After reading his story can really feel the pain. we are paying our high taxes, since  when we we used to get nothing ( now at least medicare). But people with kids, they really really struggling. No  rebates, no tax relief, no help from Government. And still uncertain that will get the permanent residency or not. Our future will be secure or not.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Angos said:

After reading his story can really feel the pain. we are paying our high taxes, since  when we we used to get nothing ( now at least medicare). But people with kids, they really really struggling. No  rebates, no tax relief, no help from Government. And still uncertain that will get the permanent residency or not. Our future will be secure or not.

Worse is mine coz apart from tax I also pay uni fee for my daughter equivalent to what an international student pay. $16000 per semester. Lest it would be $4000 on a PR. Coz of this delay I have to again pay....sad story....

• Sad 3

Guys we have to make all the efforts so that this time frame is reduced.

Go in and put in as many complaints as you can. I am putting it in everyday.

Make all the efforts in your capabilities to try and bring this processing time down..

If you put in a complaint it goes to some other institution which looks at how this department is performing. So make yourselfheard

46 minutes ago, himal said:

Dear members 

does anyone know what will happen to Medicare once we complete 12 months.do we need to renew again or it is active until the decision is made?

cheers

No need to renew it. They will send you another one before it expires. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tpsk said:

What is your timeline mate?

3-12-2017 Submitted 887

31-05-2018 Request for more information (Wife and Sons AFP, work evidence). Submitted after 1 week but i missed to click the "I accept i have provided information as requested" and after 20+ days when i realized my mistake.

13-08-2018 Request for more information  - Work evidence required as i did not provide all the information required. It's my mistake as i did not include all the mentioned documents. So to all future applicants of 887, make sure that all "mentioned" documents needs to be submitted. I was too confident because i still work on the same employer since 2012 that's why i over looked and did not submit some of the required documents.

So I guess because of these mistakes, the application has been delayed.

• Like 1