887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

38 minutes ago, Don Family said:

I’m guessing it’s actually pointless calling the immigration for an update on the application isn’t it? I think we have reached that point.. Specially for feb applicants in getting the file picked up.. Was so close and now so far ahead again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right man.. it's 5 months away..does that mean they won't process any files until then??

14 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Let’s hope someone’s application from Feb gets picked up this week..emoji1488.png I get a headache thinking about this.

Same here mate.. it's giving me headaches.. I'm just waiting and looking at my opportunity slipping away..

On 10/21/2018 at 2:07 PM, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Thanks Russki, signed and forwarded to all my friends and family in whatsapp 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 2:37 PM, Russki said:

Guys, This is our petition. Unfortunately, I had to put definite numbers in the title (7 months max processing), because this was one of the rules. 🙂 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

Signed and shared fingers and toes crossed for a positive outcome.

• Like 1

WOW! It looks like we are actually making some noise out there, which is amazing. 421 people have signed by this moment, and several of you have received responses from Ministerial offices and local MPs, which means they definitely know about this issue and it will need some sort of addressing in near future. Way to go everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

WOW! It looks like we are actually making some noise out there, which is amazing. 421 people have signed by this moment, and several of you have received responses from Ministerial offices and local MPs, which means they definitely know about this issue and it will need some sort of addressing in near future. Way to go everyone!

432 now! 🙂 😄 I think, we will easily get to 500 and it would be nice to go into 4-digit figure, even if it is just a 1000-something signatures. I hope it gets actioned! 🙂 

• Like 2

Yesterday I sent the petition to a few people around to sign and a few were like now you guys are being noticed and they will delay it further. Why are people so negative? I’m sure even the citizenship petition must have face rough patches but at least there was some action. I wander if parliamentarians think they are not obliged to do anything because we are temporary migrants? [emoji848]

5 minutes ago, Don Family said:

Yesterday I sent the petition to a few people around to sign and a few were like now you guys are being noticed and they will delay it further. Why are people so negative? I’m sure even the citizenship petition must have face rough patches but at least there was some action. I wander if parliamentarians think they are not obliged to do anything because we are temporary migrants? emoji848.png

Not sure why your friends were being negative? 🙂 The petition is not written in a nasty manner, I hope. 😄 My friends were of the opinion that it would work! let's be positive.

When citizenship delays did strike, I saw a lot of petitions and media publications about it. There was a lot of noise happening - seems it worked. And now it's our turn. 😉🙃🤞

Politicians are just not aware of our limitations while we are in transition from one visa to another. They think we are onshore, working, and this means we are sorted. No problem if we wait a bit longer. But hopefully they will now see that we are very frustrated and constrained by our current visas. 🙂 

Do not know what is going on.. Feb files are not moving at all. It seems like they have stopped picking any file  ( old, new) anything. I agree time period has gone up but still there should be some movement either on old files or on new. How hard is to make the  process transparent ?

• Thanks 1