887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 hours ago, Roja said:

@Russki how about the petition? The reason I am panicked is, the delay will cost me $1600. My daughters uni fees 😞 . If i could get the grant by March (11th month) , i wud not stop her uni again. Feels so helpless.

Hi @Roja, I have done wording for us,  we need to decide who we are addressing it to.  I will get to the PC and will post the text for your comments guys.  🙂

I got the below reply from my local MP.. Sounds non-committal..

Good afternoon,

I am writing this on behalf of Luke Gosling OAM MP, Federal Member for Solomon, in response to your message through our website.

Mr Gosling is empathetic towards your case and concerned about the plight of all eligible applicants who have to wait for unreasonable periods. He already raised his voice when the immigration office was closed in Darwin. Unfortunately, the Government’s priority is to cut down the employee costs which make people like you suffer.

Visa waiting periods have increased for most of the visas. The Member for Solomon will speak to his colleagues in Canberra and lobby for you in appropriate policy forums.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Amoh said:

Good afternoon,

I am writing this on behalf of Luke Gosling OAM MP, Federal Member for Solomon, in response to your message through our website.

Mr Gosling is empathetic towards your case and concerned about the plight of all eligible applicants who have to wait for unreasonable periods. He already raised his voice when the immigration office was closed in Darwin. Unfortunately, the Government’s priority is to cut down the employee costs which make people like you suffer.

Visa waiting periods have increased for most of the visas. The Member for Solomon will speak to his colleagues in Canberra and lobby for you in appropriate policy forums.

Thank you.

Another Lollipop for 887 applicants 

• Haha 2

Good afternoon,

Thank you.

Sounds like the average response you expect from them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of the visa processing applications takes longer this stage. I don't know why, but they are going very slow. The funny thing is every year they have increased the visa fee, on the other hand their service getting really worst. I don't know about other visa but in my opinion 887 should be straight forward. Less document to assess, I don't know why they taking forever to process. I am wondering what they are doing in the office. Here is a screenshot I found online about visa processing time.c25013927d67f12118b619b325a0fdf1.jpg

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

On 10/10/2018 at 9:09 PM, juilleteap said:

Hi there, 

I'm on 489 family sponsored visa. I'm applying to 887. I've lived in a designated area for two years, not regional area.

In the 887 application form (See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/WL5nCcb), it asked have you lived in specified regional area. Should I say yes or no because the list doesn't include a designated area. Thanks

Hello Everyone, I have got the same question as the above. Can anyone assist?

On 10/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, juilleteap said:

Congrats! Did you have supply a police check from your home country? Although it says it's not required on immi, I want to be sure. Thanks

Yes, you must provide police clearance from your home country. Also from any country you have visited in last 10 years and have lived for a cumulative period of one year.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend in spite of all visa headaches still coming our way.

Just a question,  I made some errors on my Form 80. Should I upload a new with corrected Form 80 or use the Form 1023 to inform them about the mistakes?

Much appreciated.

Marcus

Hi guys, I put together a petition, please let me know if you want to add and remove anything. 🙂  Do you think we still need to launch it?  🙂 

Stop processing delays for 887 PR visa

This petition is a voice of onshore skilled migrants, who are transitioning from 489 (skilled regional provisional) to 887 (permanent residency) visas and currently are being hit with painful processing delays.

Since this time last year we have been watching estimated processing times for 887 balloon from 5-7 months to 12-15 months. We are in quite a predicament, with our original visas expiring whilst we are waiting in the queue for our permanent residency. A lot of us are now on bridging visas, putting important life’s decisions on hold and unable to move on. A bridging visa is purely the right to be legally present in Australia while 887 is being processed, but for us it spells uncertainty, cancelled travel plans, inability to visit aging parents overseas, delaying university applications for children, etc, etc – we are all still waiting “to be allowed in”. No employer will consider us for a job while we are on bridging visas. No lender will offer us a mortgage or allow to finance a car, unless with ridiculously high interest rates and insurance premiums. 

Our families are not entitled to any help from the government or any discounts for childcare and older children’s university fees – yet we are paying taxes, just like citizens and permanent residents. In order to transition to 887, we all have satisfied conditions of our provisional visa, i.e. settled and worked full time in designated areas for a set period of time. We have done the hard yards, we are embedded here well and truly. We became a part of this country, we are ready to develop further, grow and continue to enjoy Australia and contribute to the nation’s wealth. Instead, we seem to be stuck in a never-ending limbo with not many rights but a pile of obligations. Uncertainty is mentally exhausting and it starts to affect our daily lives. Seeing constant extension of processing times, monthly advertised on the immigration site, makes it hard to maintain a positive mindset. Ever changing visa processing rules and new tentative legislation proposals add to anxiety

We appreciate that there are reasons for most visa subclasses processing delays, but it is not the reasons we are interested in. We are seeking solutions. We are already paying hefty fees for visa applications, in return we expect decent customer service and reasonable processing times. If this means further increase in application fees, so be it – small price to pay for the right to finally move on with our lives, have children, better jobs, buying family homes and travel the world freely. Most importantly, feeling like we finally belong.

Please take steps to reduce processing times for 887 PR visas.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Hi guys, I put together a petition, please let me know if you want to add and remove anything. [emoji846]  Do you think we still need to launch it?  [emoji846] 

This petition is a voice of onshore skilled migrants, who are transitioning from 489 (skilled regional provisional) to 887 (permanent residency) visas and currently are being hit with painful processing delays.

Since this time last year we have been watching estimated processing times for 887 balloon from 5-7 months to 12-15 months. We are in quite a predicament, with our original visas expiring whilst we are waiting in the queue for our permanent residency. A lot of us are now on bridging visas, putting important life’s decisions on hold and unable to move on. A bridging visa is purely the right to be legally present in Australia while 887 is being processed, but for us it spells uncertainty, cancelled travel plans, inability to visit aging parents overseas, delaying university applications for children, etc, etc – we are all still waiting “to be allowed in”. No employer will consider us for a job while we are on bridging visas. No lender will offer us a mortgage or allow to finance a car, unless with ridiculously high interest rates and insurance premiums. 

Our families are not entitled to any help from the government or any discounts for childcare and older children’s university fees – yet we are paying taxes, just like citizens and permanent residents. In order to transition to 887, we all have satisfied conditions of our provisional visa, i.e. settled and worked full time in designated areas for a set period of time. We have done the hard yards, we are embedded here well and truly. We became a part of this country, we are ready to develop further, grow and continue to enjoy Australia and contribute to the nation’s wealth. Instead, we seem to be stuck in a never-ending limbo with not many rights but a pile of obligations. Uncertainty is mentally exhausting and it starts to affect our daily lives. Seeing constant extension of processing times, monthly advertised on the immigration site, makes it hard to maintain a positive mindset. Ever changing visa processing rules and new tentative legislation proposals add to anxiety. 

We appreciate that there are reasons for most visa subclasses processing delays, but it is not the reasons we are interested in. We are seeking solutions. We are already paying hefty fees for visa applications, in return we expect decent customer service and reasonable processing times. If this means further increase in application fees, so be it – small price to pay for the right to finally move on with our lives, have children, better jobs, buying family homes and travel the world freely. Most importantly, feeling like we finally belong.

On point Russki. I vote yes, we should go ahead with it..

Just saying in case they say they can do whatever they want with visa conditions, can we mention that new changes in the processing timeline should not be applicable for people who have already submitted their applications?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Don Family said:

On point Russki. I vote yes, we should go ahead with it..

Just saying in case they say they can do whatever they want with visa conditions, can we mention that new changes in the processing timeline should not be applicable for people who have already submitted their applications?

OK, cheers, we'll go ahead with it. 🙂 Not sure though about adding the bit about changes not affecting people already applied - This means, we are asking them to concentrate on old applications only, this will extend new applicants' processing times to infinity. 😄 At the moment, the COs are juggling between fresh applicants and old. 

I think, it is better to concentrate on a bigger picture - they should just hire more processing staff!!! 😄 🙂 

• Like 1

OK, cheers, we'll go ahead with it. [emoji846] Not sure though about adding the bit about changes not affecting people already applied - This means, we are asking them to concentrate on old applications only, this will extend new applicants' processing times to infinity. [emoji1] At the moment, the COs are juggling between fresh applicants and old. 
I think, it is better to concentrate on a bigger picture - they should just hire more processing staff!!! [emoji1] [emoji846] 

oki [emoji846]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi guys, I put together a petition, please let me know if you want to add and remove anything. 🙂  Do you think we still need to launch it?  🙂 

Our families are not entitled to any help from the government or any discounts for childcare and older children’s university fees – yet we are paying taxes, just like citizens and permanent residents. In order to transition to 887, we all have satisfied conditions of our provisional visa, i.e. settled and worked full time in designated areas for a set period of time. We have done the hard yards, we are embedded here well and truly. We became a part of this country, we are ready to develop further, grow and continue to enjoy Australia and contribute to the nation’s wealth. Instead, we seem to be stuck in a never-ending limbo with not many rights but a pile of obligations. Uncertainty is mentally exhausting and it starts to affect our daily lives. Seeing constant extension of processing times, monthly advertised on the immigration site, makes it hard to maintain a positive mindset. Ever changing visa processing rules and new tentative legislation proposals add to anxiety

Good mate i am ready to go ahead with this

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Don Family said:

How does it work afterwards tho? Do we have to find a minister who will speak on behalf of this petition?

This is how the site works:

1. We start a petition

2. Petition is shared around and signed by as many supporters as possible

3. Sometimes a petition gets media coverage. 

4. Eventually, a decision-maker on our petition makes changes we are asking for (it will be a minister of immigration, at a guess) - but sometimes the petition fails....

5. We can consider our petition a success if the processing times for 887 are reduced. 

Seems easy enough, but I am still not quite sure how it all works in reality. Let's try! 🙂 

• Like 6