887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Not sure why your friends were being negative? [emoji846] The petition is not written in a nasty manner, I hope. [emoji1] My friends were of the opinion that it would work! let's be positive.
When citizenship delays did strike, I saw a lot of petitions and media publications about it. There was a lot of noise happening - seems it worked. And now it's our turn. [emoji6][emoji854]🤞
Politicians are just not aware of our limitations while we are in transition from one visa to another. They think we are onshore, working, and this means we are sorted. No problem if we wait a bit longer. But hopefully they will now see that we are very frustrated and constrained by our current visas. [emoji846] 

Exactly. I think it will work too Russki. If we don’t stand up for ourselves, no one else will. [emoji1488]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

SSH, yes. Medicare is awesome.

Wait, even if the subclass 489 is still in effect, not the bridging visa? I've lodged my application last April and until now paying private health insurance. I want to get rid of the extra expenses if possible.

Hello guys 

Since we are all here in adelaide, will it be too much if we all take one day off from work and have strike front of immigration department with holding banners in our hand. This way we will automatically seek media's attension. Just imagine if we manage to have couple of hundred people on flinders street while holding the banners its going to be a big blast. We can make one whatsapp group nd start building a team. I can offer atleast 5 people and 5 banners with me. Guys plz think about it. While we building our team and ready for strike we can inform media and threaths immigration for hunger strike. Sound may stupid at this time but it can work surely. May be it turns out with thousands of people. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Zing said:

Hello guys 

Since we are all here in adelaide, will it be too much if we all take one day off from work and have strike front of immigration department with holding banners in our hand. This way we will automatically seek media's attension. Just imagine if we manage to have couple of hundred people on flinders street while holding the banners its going to be a big blast. We can make one whatsapp group nd start building a team. I can offer atleast 5 people and 5 banners with me. Guys plz think about it. While we building our team and ready for strike we can inform media and threaths immigration for hunger strike. Sound may stupid at this time but it can work surely. May be it turns out with thousands of people. 

I am in!  😎 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, Navdeep047 said:

Hi...

We have the same case. Our 489 is expired and we are on Bridging visa A which clearly states that no restrictions.

So, going by this we will move to metro area in Feb because thats when our lease expires. I am sooo ready to take this risk.

I am assuming that if the documents related work and residency are not valid after the 887 visa application submission date . Why would it make a difference if we move to metro on Bridging Visa which has no restrictions.

But the applicants whose 489 is still valid while 887 processing  should not take this risk. Beacuse their valid visa still has restrictions. 

887 visa processing during 489 validity and 887 processing on a bridging visa should be seen as different cases.

I think when we have granted bridging visa A there is no restrictions so we can move to anywhere in Australia but there will be soon changes on 887 visa before Christmas anything can happen so hold on until then. Dont rush just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Friends today Alhumdulillah i received golden email, it’s all with the help of my ALMIGHTY ALLAH (GOD) I was so dishearted and broken hearted bcoz my file became so complicated even I stopped logging  into my immi account it was all mixed up, at last I make an Statutory Declaration and mentioned that I already been provided all these documents.

My friends I can feel your pain and level of stress believe or not I always pray for you after my every prayer that you all achieve your destination ASAP Aameen

Especially Russki, Sk10, HSK, Anonymous, Taha, Santosh, 10 year wait, vivek, B3ST, viky, Manisha is on vacations, sinxx,Tpsk,Honey and all others

i will be on forum and will remember in my prayers 🤲🏻

if anyone need any info plz let me know.

Love you all ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mgh said:

Hi,

Friends today Alhumdulillah i received golden email, it’s all with the help of my ALMIGHTY ALLAH (GOD) I was so dishearted and broken hearted bcoz my file became so complicated even I stopped logging  into my immi account it was all mixed up, at last I make an Statutory Declaration and mentioned that I already been provided all these documents.

My friends I can feel your pain and level of stress believe or not I always pray for you after my every prayer that you all achieve your destination ASAP Aameen

Especially Russki, Sk10, HSK, Anonymous, Taha, Santosh, 10 year wait, vivek, B3ST, viky, Manisha is on vacations, sinxx,Tpsk,Honey and all others

Love you all ❤️

Mashallah very good news, enjoy your freedom bro/sis. Please keep ourselves in your prayer. May allah make your life easier.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mgh said:

Hi,

Love you all ❤️

Congratulations mate.. what is your timeline...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mgh said:

Hi,

Love you all ❤️

Masha Allah mgh. enjoy your freedom. i understand your pain and the relief now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marcus said:

Wait, even if the subclass 489 is still in effect, not the bridging visa? I've lodged my application last April and until now paying private health insurance. I want to get rid of the extra expenses if possible.

True Marcus, as soon as you apply for 887 visa, you become eligible for Medicare. You need to go to Medicare and Enroll yourself and Family.

This screenshot is from Medicare Enrollment Form. (https://www.humanservices.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018/08/ms004-180718en-f.pdf)

image.png.fc151ef8c9a04af3d0ebed811e5c6228.png

• Like 1

Yes you can. But as a risk averse move, I've still kept my private insurance for some reason because at the back of my mind, I ring a bell with someone mentioning the immigration checks for your private health cover so I reluctantly keep paying $100s.. anybody got rid of the private health cover?? Is that okay to do so?@russki@tpsk?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mgh said:

Hi,

Love you all ❤️

Congratulations dear 😊

• Like 1