887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am in a bit of dilemma..I have 489 visa and about to apply 887 as I have lived in here  for 2 year and worked 1 year full time....my wife came here only 6 months ago on a 489 subsequent entrant ...so can i include her in my 887 visa application? I saw on immigration website that partner need to stay for 2 year to be included in 887 application? https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/887/documents-partner.aspx

If not what visa she should apply?  If  she also need to apply 887 after 2 years of living in here...does she need  to fulfill work condition  and what about english requirement?

Rahul no need for 2 year thats only for primary applicant for 887 and how long did it take for ur subsequent entrant grant please let me know thanks

2 minutes ago, James said:

Rahul no need for 2 year thats only for primary applicant for 887 and how long did it take for ur subsequent entrant grant please let me know thanks

it took me about 4 months for the 489 subsequent entrant grant....I also thought that there is no need for subsequent entrant but if you open the link I have posted it asks the prrof for 2 year stay for partner as well...but in my case my wife got visa after 1 year of my visa...as we got married after I got my visa... so may be it doesnot apply on her...but I am not so sure 

27 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am in a bit of dilemma..I have 489 visa and about to apply 887 as I have lived in here  for 2 year and worked 1 year full time....my wife came here only 6 months ago on a 489 subsequent entrant ...so can i include her in my 887 visa application? I saw on immigration website that partner need to stay for 2 year to be included in 887 application? https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/887/documents-partner.aspx

If not what visa she should apply?  If  she also need to apply 887 after 2 years of living in here...does she need  to fulfill work condition  and what about english requirement?

For putting us in difficulty,  somewhere in the Immi website, its mentioned that partner also need to complete two year stay, but in reality, its not needed....I applied  887 and added my wife as secondary applicant when she was just 3 days old in Australia(in subsequent entrant visa)..I did this after cross checking  with immigration department, the lawyers and many forums ...So NO NEED for your wife to complete two years...You only need to fulfill the conditions.. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

For putting us in difficulty,  somewhere in the Immi website, its mentioned that partner also need to complete two year stay, but in reality, its not needed....I applied  887 and added my wife as secondary applicant when she was just 3 days old in Australia(in subsequent entrant visa)..I did this after cross checking  with immigration department, the lawyers and many forums ...So NO NEED for your wife to complete two years...You only need to fulfill the conditions.. 

Thanks jose for the reply...I hope it is as you have mentioned....

• Like 1

Hello beautiful people

Where can I find my visa number last visa was applied through agent.

There is one question which says do you currently hold or previously held any visa when I click on yes it ask for visa detail.

It is different from visa grant number

2 hours ago, rahul_123 said:

Hi Everyone,

In same case lot of my gmfriend applied 887 visa of partners and they were granted 887 visa even they stayed for few months. It was on July 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waiting!! said:

Hey Guys, 

Just received our grants today,

Date applied: 30-12-2017

CO Contacted: 19-07-2018 - Requested for Spouse IELTS and AFP

Documents submitted: 16-08-2018

Granted: 31-10-2018

Congratulations my frd co’s on fire 👍🏼

5 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi there, I lodge the complain yesterday. got a reply 3 hours later. I mentioned about my department is on the edge of closing down and without 887 I will be hard to find a job if I ever had to go. The usual comeback from homeaffairs is to wait and their reliance on the global processing time as the reasoning.

I wonder how could time frame changes be applicable for existing applicants. it should only be for new applicants.

Imagine you order a burger and was told 5 mins but later it stretch to 24 hours to get your happy meal.

Mate,

Sounds like you got normal answer like other applicants from global feedback team. Better wait and see. 

Even myself got same reply when I lodge the complain.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Don Family said:

I really don’t understand what’s taking them so long. Everything is in a system here, why can’t they just check with that and grant the visa instead of dragging this for long. Makes absolutely no sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate... their processing method is insane..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Don Family said:

I really don’t understand what’s taking them so long. Everything is in a system here, why can’t they just check with that and grant the visa instead of dragging this for long. Makes absolutely no sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously everything in their system. While attaching all relevant documents still wait for 12-15 month. People like us doing one job because of verification n not changing houses as well so that verification should be simple n straight . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1