887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Sunnysideup said:

With

With reference to a country I know of, development of a successful state does not start with more people but rather more investors. This country leaps to be the most successful country in Asia within a very short period of time. How does more people equals development? It's not like money will fall from the sky if everyone is jobless.

Just looking at Inpex in NT region, many businesses were started and fell as Inpex went from production to operational phase.

Therefore, concluding the above:

a) An indication of investors are no longer interested to set up companies in regional areas

b) Passing the buck around. Directing the focus and blame to immigrants instead of their in ability to gather more businesses. Looking at AUDUSD and AUDCNY had been on the decline since 2012.

c) Delaying the time to prevent the inevitable of regional areas to a ghost town.

It's really frustrating to blame it on the immigrants for a fail state.

More ppl = More Consumption
More Consumption = More BUsinesses
More Businesses = More investors 

We might hate the concept. but it is right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I expect these to be for new visa sub classes. So they may end up abolishing the current 489 visa in the future

so any rule changes will not affect people already holding 489 visa? im applying fr 887 next september and worried about these sudden rule changes 😮

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, dar8 said:

so any rule changes will not affect people already holding 489 visa? im applying fr 887 next september and worried about these sudden rule changes 😮

I am applying in 3 weeks so I have the same nerves. I am 99% sure that it would be easier for the Gov to propose a new sub-class of visa. The current 489 already has legislation of 2 years which is also a provision of the visa you were issued. Too many legal obstacles to amend them. I expect a new visa subclass

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Quote always starts from 01-Jul.30-Jun s year closing to my understanding thts when we pay tax and all service prices increase including immigration fees.

But see tracker, They not progressing at all for February files. 24th oct last grant for Feb. 

• Sad 1

They haven’t processed Jan files yet. I have applied on 5th Jan, CO Dat, requested my wife’s AFP and our address proof for 2 years on 23rd July  and on 1st Aug I have submitted all docs, after that no response..

Edited by Yatu
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Yatu said:

They haven’t processed Jan files yet. I have applied on 5th Jan, CO Dat, requested my wife’s AFP and our address proof for 2 years on 23rd July  and on 1st Aug I have submitted all docs, after that no response..

Same as mine, applied 24 th jan, req more docs on 30/08/2018, no response yet

7 minutes ago, Don Family said:

This is really crazy.. emoji58.png Unacceptable. Very disappointed with this govt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But can we do anything?? nothing I suppose. I mean Govt. should see themselves that what sort of backlog they are creating. Creating dissatisfaction disappointment among residents 😞

• Like 1

But can we do anything?? nothing I suppose. I mean Govt. should see themselves that what sort of backlog they are creating. Creating dissatisfaction disappointment among residents [emoji20]

Yeah. Btw is there an election next month? Some of my colleagues were talking about it..[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Yatu said:

I applied on 6th of jan, they haven’t even open my application. Haven’t heard a single word from them. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Angos said:

But can we do anything?? nothing I suppose. I mean Govt. should see themselves that what sort of backlog they are creating. Creating dissatisfaction disappointment among residents 😞

Only thing we can do is, poo on envelope and mail it to them. 😀😀😀😀 I am kidding don’t do it though. 

• Haha 2

Last week, one gentleman from call centre actually accessed my application and he told me, if case officer needed any more information they would have asked me by now. So all i can do is wait for now. Only thing is i have a kid and she has not gone through any medical checks. 

So wondering they will give me direct grand or will ask for medical after all this waiting period.so uncertain. 

7 minutes ago, Samuel said:

Last week, one gentleman from call centre actually accessed my application and he told me, if case officer needed any more information they would have asked me by now. So all i can do is wait for now. Only thing is i have a kid and she has not gone through any medical checks. 

So wondering they will give me direct grand or will ask for medical after all this waiting period.so uncertain. 

They said same thing to me. Case officer is not assigned yet to application . In case of kids they definitely ask for medical if they accessed your file 

2 hours ago, Yatu said:

Same as mine. Applied 10th Jan. Request more info on 30th July. Submitted everything by Aug 23rd. No response since.. I really hope i get mine soon. I have flights booked back to Ireland for Christmas that I'm going to have to cancel if it doesn't come through in time.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Same as mine. Applied 10th Jan. Request more info on 30th July. Submitted everything by Aug 23rd. No response since.. I really hope i get mine soon. I have flights booked back to Ireland for Christmas that I'm going to have to cancel if it doesn't come through in time.

Im sorry mate.. thats hurts

I just cancelled my holiday. I was schedule to go on 10th dec but had to cancel my plans.. all my family was waiting back home and has been 2 years since we met.

But CO would never understand our situation

• Sad 3