887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Sunit said:

I called them, but same story they say, it’s in process , we can’t tell you the exact time for yours grant , just wait wait wait for case officer, last time they contact me 5 month ago,  it’s a big harsh and pain

which country are you from?

8 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

Is that affecting the processing time for the visa ?

I just wondering do we allow to add more payslips after we lodged our 887 visa ? 

As I just get 6 more payslips until the end of this year when my job contract with NT gov finish

I was told once by someone in this forums if those payslips were created after your application lodgement date, then your can’t use them.

• Thanks 2

hi everyone,

i am new in this group . can anyone  help me with my inquiry please? it will be 2 years i am living in same place before that i lived 2 different places for 6 or 7 months but i do not have proper documents for that but i can manage statutory declaration from them. and this year i went overseas for 5 weeks. Shall i wait for  few months?

Thanks 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:30 PM, jahidul said:

hi everyone,

i am new in this group . can anyone  help me with my inquiry please? it will be 2 years i am living in same place before that i lived 2 different places for 6 or 7 months but i do not have proper documents for that but i can manage statutory declaration from them. and this year i went overseas for 5 weeks. Shall i wait for  few months?

Thanks 

Hi @jahidul! Waiting a few extra months is of course the safest option. But maybe you can find documents that can prove your residence for these 6 and 7 months? It can be your payslips, doctors receipts, letters from the government, rego notifications, kids school reports (if you have kids) etc? 🙂 If you struggle to collect enough evidence, then it is safer to wait... 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi @jahidul! Waiting a few extra months is of course the safest option. But maybe you can find documents that can prove your residence for these 6 and 7 months? It can be your payslips, doctors receipts, letters from the government, rego notifications, kids school reports (if you have kids) etc? 🙂 If you struggle to collect enough evidence, then it is safer to wait... 🙂 

Thanks for your reply Russki, I had electricity bill in my name and mobile bill ,monthly credit card statement , not sure these will help to prove enough .

On 12/8/2018 at 7:20 AM, Delfin said:

I was told once by someone in this forums if those payslips were created after your application lodgement date, then your can’t use them.

Oh, never mind. Thanks for the info. Do you know how to upload more than 60 files into immi account ? I need to upload approximately 85 documents (some already joined with the other documents using pdf joiner)

I have no lease agreement at all as I just lived and stayed in my employers accommodation ( for free of pay small amounts of monies ). I need to upload all of my payslips for residential evidence in the outback

Hi guys! I’m glad to have found this group and hoping someone can give me advice. I have filed my application for visa 887 last March 2018 and and haven’t got any response from them since then. Up to now my status is still “Received”. My current visa 489 is expiring soon in January 2019. Am I allowed to move and work in the city when my 489 visa expires and my bridging visa takes effect in January 2019? 

On 12/7/2018 at 12:55 PM, Butt said:

Same here mate. We are all feeling this and its has bad effect on our daily routines in one way or another.
I have applied on April 3,2018 and in the same boat like many others.
The December and January fellows were lucky to get grants or asking for additional docs by July or August.
February and onwards are either not contacted until now or after 9 to 10 months and it's more tricky.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

same here buddy. Its effecting my daily life really bad as well. Feeling like handicapped at the moment. I hope everything goes well for everyone.

6 hours ago, Gracee said:

Hi guys! I’m glad to have found this group and hoping someone can give me advice. I have filed my application for visa 887 last March 2018 and and haven’t got any response from them since then. Up to now my status is still “Received”. My current visa 489 is expiring soon in January 2019. Am I allowed to move and work in the city when my 489 visa expires and my bridging visa takes effect in January 2019? 

Hi Gracee

My bridging visa explicitly states I have full permission to work/study with NIL Visa Conditions (remarkably different to substantive 489 where we must stay in designated area).

My impression is we can move and work in the city when our bridging visa takes effect.

Have a nice day every one. 

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, opinions and views expressed here belong solely to me, and not necessarily to Department of Home Affairs, its case officers and OMARA

😎

Hi All,

I have been an observer of this forum for a few months as I approach the day my application is lodged. My last document will be emailed this morning after which my agent will lodge my application later this morning on 10 December 2018. I completed my 2 years living in a regional area yesterday and been lucky enough to have full time employment for the full duration. I am therefore way behind the rest of you so I can only observe how your grants are progressing. I certainly hope the current waiting period of 12 months can be reduced in future. I am not desperate to move to the city as my company works all over the country on major engineering projects so I will still be regional for sometime on my current project. I enjoy the regional beach living for now. Obviously however the longer my 887 takes to be granted the longer it may affect citizenship eligibility beyond that.

Anyhow good luck to all of you that have been waiting for some time, I hope your grants come soon and happy to join the queue with the rest of you, and ofcourse all the discussions that take place.

All the best

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

Is that affecting the processing time for the visa ?

I just wondering do we allow to add more payslips after we lodged our 887 visa ? 

As I just get 6 more payslips until the end of this year when my job contract with NT gov finish

Just curious but I don't think country will have any effect.

I don't think can add anymore payslip after logging 887.

11 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

Oh, never mind. Thanks for the info. Do you know how to upload more than 60 files into immi account ? I need to upload approximately 85 documents (some already joined with the other documents using pdf joiner)

I have no lease agreement at all as I just lived and stayed in my employers accommodation ( for free of pay small amounts of monies ). I need to upload all of my payslips for residential evidence in the outback

Just my opinion, One method is to ask your Finance to combine and summarize all the pay records into a single page. Have it sign by the finance manager. It is very rare to exceed the max number of documents.

4 hours ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Hi Gracee

My bridging visa explicitly states I have full permission to work/study with NIL Visa Conditions (remarkably different to substantive 489 where we must stay in designated area).

My impression is we can move and work in the city when our bridging visa takes effect.

Have a nice day every one. 

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, opinions and views expressed here belong solely to me, and not necessarily to Department of Home Affairs, its case officers and OMARA

😎

This is a confusing subject. 🙂 Yes, our bridging visas do not show as having any conditions, however, somewhere on immi website it says that while on bridging visa the applicant needs to still adhere to conditions of previous substantive visa. So it is a big question mark still. There seem to be no definite answer. 🙂  

• Like 1

Bridging Visa

As by the name itself bridging visa acts as bridge to reach from one visa to other . 

Its basic aim is to allow you live lawfully while you reach (get) the visa you have applied for. 

It carries same obligations of your current visa so never break your conditions.

There are no conditions in bridging visa because there is no as such "bridging visa" I mean you can't apply for bridging visa hence it doesnt carries any conditions on its own but carrier the conditions of visa which you are on.

Hope this and picture clarifies the doubts

test.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

Bridging Visa

As by the name itself bridging visa acts as bridge to reach from one visa to other . 

Its basic aim is to allow you live lawfully while you reach (get) the visa you have applied for. 

It carries same obligations of your current visa so never break your conditions.

There are no conditions in bridging visa because there is no as such "bridging visa" I mean you can apply for bridging visa hence it doesnt carries any conditions on its own but carrier the conditions of visa which you are on.

Hope this and picture clarifies the doubts

Thank you for this great illustration @Chopsan! 🙂 I think this is as close to the truth as we can get. 🙂 

PS Found this: Bridging visas.pdf