887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 hours ago, Russki said:

Thanks @marlowe022, you nailed it. Yes, all correct, the creator of the spreadsheet is Russian and had to wait for a very long time for the grant, this is why the spreadsheet was created - to see what happens with other Russian applicants (like me). 🙂 I think, you improved it further @marlowe022 by adding columns and tidying it up, thank you so much! Thanks for looking after it, too, it's not nice when people mess with it...

As for the controversial "country" column, it is not worth the argument, we can leave or delete it, or just leave it blank, not a big deal. 🙂 

With very little knowledge of Russia and a spark of curiosity and my intellectual of a monkey. I decided to learn about Russia but this is what I found.

I love hollywood stuff!!!!!! This sounds so awesome. I didn't know they are real. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-27/russian-diplomats-to-be-expelled-from-australia/9590790

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/russians-set-to-leave-australia-as-dfat-warns-aussies-off-russia/news-story/97817e7e77e0f5ead1dca26b139fd491

I hope ít doesn't impact your PR but I don't think it should as there has been a long history of Russian in Aussie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Australians#Australians_in_Russia

No grants today.. earlier they were granting on tuesdays
We have many applicants from February till April. If each of them submit the feedback/complaint on daily basis by being anonymous, then atleast the responses are recorded there.
To be honest, we should do it on daily basis whether it change something or not.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Butt said:

We have many applicants from February till April. If each of them submit the feedback/complaint on daily basis by being anonymous, then atleast the responses are recorded there.
To be honest, we should do it on daily basis whether it change something or not.

What is the chances of getting a favorable reply or if any suspected adverse effect.

On the plus side, Aussie are known to be caring and sympathetic so it will be a plus effect.

On the down side, some Aussie suppliers / vendors i work with are also known to ignore the customer forever if the customer is even pushy a little.

Will there be more adverse effect or favorable outcome?

8 hours ago, Angos said:

I am wondering what they are doing. Feb applicants are affected badly. Those who have applied in JAN at least got contacted once (waiting period of 7 months) but for FEb it seems like 10 months. which makes no sense. I am worried. Has anyone tried calling Immi recently and check about the status?

Aussie on holidays from 14th Dec to 14 Jan. Good luck! Just hug each other and cry.

Hi every one,

I would like to know whether I meet the 2 years living requirement to apply 887visa.

My 489 visa granted on 5 October 2016. I was granted when I was in Australia. 

I went to oversea for these follow days.
16 dec 2016 to 30 Jan 2017, 6 weeks
16 dec 2017 to 2 Jan 2018,2 weeks
26 May to 2June 2018,1 weeks
10 Nov to 24 Nov 2018. 2weeks
Total about 3months

Do I safe to apply 887 visa now or wait until Jan 2019?

thank you.

10 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

With very little knowledge of Russia and a spark of curiosity and my intellectual of a monkey. I decided to learn about Russia but this is what I found.

I love hollywood stuff!!!!!! This sounds so awesome. I didn't know they are real. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-27/russian-diplomats-to-be-expelled-from-australia/9590790

Yes, unfortunately, Russians do not have a good name at the moment and it is affecting our applications. Australian authorities have this perception of Russians as spies and evil hackers - especially if one has a Higher Education certificate or two. 😄 😄 But it's ok, I will just wait till they finish "researching" me, if that's what they have to do. 🙂 

47 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Hi every one,

I would like to know whether I meet the 2 years living requirement to apply 887visa.

My 489 visa granted on 5 October 2016. I was granted when I was in Australia. 

I went to oversea for these follow days.
16 dec 2016 to 30 Jan 2017, 6 weeks
16 dec 2017 to 2 Jan 2018,2 weeks
26 May to 2June 2018,1 weeks
10 Nov to 24 Nov 2018. 2weeks
Total about 3months

Do I safe to apply 887 visa now or wait until Jan 2019?

thank you.

It is a tough one... You obviously permanently resided in Australia for 2 years and I assume you have enough proof of this. 🙂 On this basis I would say it is ok not to compensate. But! You never know what the case officer may decide once they look at your file. They can be quite unpredictable. On this basis, you may want to compensate your holiday and apply later. At least, compensate the longest 6 weeks holiday... 🙂  

33 minutes ago, Russki said:

It is a tough one... You obviously permanently resided in Australia for 2 years and I assume you have enough proof of this. 🙂 On this basis I would say it is ok not to compensate. But! You never know what the case officer may decide once they look at your file. They can be quite unpredictable. On this basis, you may want to compensate your holiday and apply later. At least, compensate the longest 6 weeks holiday... 🙂  

It had been 2years and 2months since  the visa granted. I would like know whether those short leaves (2 weeks) are need to compensate?

Can anyone give me some advise, I came to Adelaide on 20 April 2017 on a 489 visa,

I went oversea from 1st March 2018 to 22nd March 2018 (3 weeks). 

And I will go to Sydney from 24th December 2018 to 31st December 2018 (1 week),

and then go oversea again from 9 March 2019 to 1 April 2019 (3 weeks). 

I go on holidays using my Annual Leave. 

Can I apply 887 at the end of April 2019? 

Or should I wait 2 months until end of June 2019 ? 

I was planning to compensate the time on holidays. but I am a bit worry if i leave it too late the policy may change, especially end of June is very close to the new financial year when new policy may introduce, I am scare about the 5 years living requirement that the government were planing to introduce.

What you guys think? much appreciate !!! 

50 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone give me some advise, I came to Adelaide on 20 April 2017 on a 489 visa,

I went oversea from 1st March 2018 to 22nd March 2018 (3 weeks). 

And I will go to Sydney from 24th December 2018 to 31st December 2018 (1 week),

and then go oversea again from 9 March 2019 to 1 April 2019 (3 weeks). 

I go on holidays using my Annual Leave. 

Can I apply 887 at the end of April 2019? 

Or should I wait 2 months until end of June 2019 ? 

I was planning to compensate the time on holidays. but I am a bit worry if i leave it too late the policy may change, especially end of June is very close to the new financial year when new policy may introduce, I am scare about the 5 years living requirement that the government were planing to introduce.

What you guys think? much appreciate !!! 

You will be ok. 🙂  That's what any migration agent will tell you, anyway! 😉 

38 minutes ago, nudgee said:

indeed! every migration agent I asked said I am ok, I really don't want to wait until late June to submit 887 incase they change the policy 😞 thank you 

Nudgee

Travelling interstate might be not an issue as long as its for few days or shorter periods

But travelling overseas I would recommend to compensate 

I went overseas for 18 days I compensated those and then applied

Decision is yours

• Like 2

Nudgee
Travelling interstate might be not an issue as long as its for few days or shorter periods
Decision is yours
As long as one has spent 730 days on shore, it would be allrite.

18 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Nudgee

Decision is yours

Thanks I will consider compensate for that 6 weeks... hopefully the new policy won't commence until after 1st July 

8 hours ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Delfin

I've printed the document and had it certified by a pharmacist by showing to him the (electronic) document from which it was attached (in an email).

Good morning every one. 

Thanks for the reply. I just don’t know why some people in this forum had been asked to by their CO to have their documents certified. Can’t imagine asking someone to certify 50+ papers... lol

Guys, one question again plz.

I have applied 887 visa (was on 489 before). Now, when I login to my immi account it shows all my family members name under attach document tab (brother, sister, parents all but only other document tab is enable for all of them). I am almost sure that I haven't done any mistake while filling the application form. Also, under health assessment tab it shows everyone's name.

When I download copy of my application form, it clearly indicates that I have added my family members (parents, brother, sister) as non accompanying family members.

Can you guys please suggest on what went wrong and what can I do please?

Thanks 

Dave