887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, Maxzone said:

If you can collect some info about your friend and update the excel sheet will be really helpful for future reference. Anyway best of luck as well, your grant is coming soon.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Yes thanks but he is not in this group 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

If you can collect some info about your friend and update the excel sheet will be really helpful for future reference. Anyway best of luck as well, your grant is coming soon.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

its really unbelievable 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Russki said:

It does not matter if he is not in our group. 🙂 We still can use his application date and grant date for our statistics. 

Are you sure he applied in March? Not February? 🙂 

Hi Russki I am also have same query. It's very surprising that March 9th application got processed.

A leap of one month surprise? From 13 th Feb to 9th March ??

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DarDec said:

@Russki

That is ridiculous to take such a long duration  to process applications from 489 to 887 PR as they are from onshore. Seem that Gov is trying to keep them in Regional maximum period as they can.  It's a damn shame

Hi @DarDec 🙂 Yes, something is happening behind the scenes that has led to this ridiculous processing delay. We are not sure what it is. 

After a huge break they now started processing again, but it will take them a long while to catch up! 🙂 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Russki said:

There is no such restriction or condition. 🙂 You can go and visit your family of course, while on 489. But if you travel overseas, every case if different.

For example, if you just came into Australia for 1 month to validate your 489 visa and then went back to your home country for 6 months before returning here, you will have to compensate this 6 months of absence before applying for 887 visa.

But if you settled in Australia on 489, found stable place to live and stable job, then went to see your family in your home country for a months, later returning here and carrying on working here, - you will not have to compensate 4 weeks before applying for 887 visa. You can apply for 887 visa exactly 2 years after entering Australia. 

Also, after visiting family overseas you may want to renew your overseas police clearance certificate for all applicants over 16. 🙂 

Thank you so much Russki for being so kind and helpful every time. I hope you receive the grant very soon:). you deserve this and so much more:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kmonga09 said:

Hey my friend applied on 09 th of March 2018 887 visa he got direct grant this morning CO Sophorn

Wow, incredible! Same day as me. But still so many Feb applicants ahead. What’s your friend’s background? Does your friend come from Europe? And another assumption is that COs have finished processing some applications already but just hold them to some points of time to release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agk said:

Hi... anyboy have any idea, if we apply 887 through migration agent, is there any advantage in processing time?

same everything, except of you wont clicking or uploading paper work, and paying Agent's fees 🙂

everything is quite clear for the Visa 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agk said:

Hi... anyboy have any idea, if we apply 887 through migration agent, is there any advantage in processing time?

PROS : Agents know what all documents to upload and in what all formats. They will also know what all to upload and will avoid any unneccessary documention

CONS : They dont have any control over timeline. 

CONS : Agents cost a lot

And I applied for 887 myself. I made lot of mistakes while uploading due to which I ate up my space of 60 documents very soon and had to use my wife's allocated space of 60 ducments.

My application / attached documents looked very messy but..... I GOT DIRECT GRANT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1