887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, Vinh said:

when I go to my immi account, I see the FORM 501 and I just download them. 

But I think I need to wait for my baby to turn 6months old to go to BUPA.

You need to check in your immi account mate if it is required to do medical for your baby or not. Mine is required.

Hi Vinh, does form 501 only apply to baby over 6 months old? 

Just now, Sharky0903 said:

Hi Vinh, does form 501 only apply to baby over 6 months old? 

You need to check your immi account mate. Mine is required even baby less than 6m.

Not sure ab that but in bupa website they say you can only check your over 6m old baby with 501.

Need to wait until passing 6m to check my baby.

5 minutes ago, Vinh said:

You need to check your immi account mate. Mine is required even baby less than 6m.

Not sure ab that but in bupa website they say you can only check your over 6m old baby with 501.

Need to wait until passing 6m to check my baby.

Thank you Vinh and good luck! My next baby will be born next month, I’ll have waited 13 months by then, if plus 6 more months for medical and another 2 more months for co finalizing the application. I’ll create a new record, even longer than @Russki. :0)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sharky0903 said:

Thank you Vinh and good luck! My next baby will be born next month, I’ll have waited 13 months by then, if plus 6 more months for medical and another 2 more months for co finalizing the application. I’ll create a new record, even longer than @Russki. :0)

Just an advise, keep updating immi for all GP , hospital checks record of baby. As they only need these less than 6 month but yes may be 501 form after 6 month.

hopefully, you ll get grant before baby will be 6 months.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ekam said:

Just an advise, keep updating immi for all GP , hospital checks record of baby. As they only need these less than 6 month but yes may be 501 form after 6 month.

hopefully, you ll get grant before baby will be 6 months.

All right. Thank you Ekam and good luck!

• Like 2

Hi All, it is possible that not everyone saw my post last week, I still however find it very interesting. With new regional visas being introduced soon I am sure SC887 applications will dwindle even more in the future.

It may not mean much but some interesting statistics when reviewing our group spreadsheet, which begs the question, why are 887 applications decreasing so substantially from month to month? I know the spreadsheet may only represent members on this forum but does the trend indicate the general trend across Australia? Could this be a reason why the immigration website explains that there is not enough applications to determine a timeline? Ofcourse it may mean that people are just not visiting this forum, but it is an interesting fact after immigration numbers were cut over the last few years and point requirements have increased for all visas.

Number of sc887 Applications per month since 1 November 2017 until end Feb'19 (I could go further back which could further back-up the trend)

Nov'17 = 45;   Dec'17 = 36;   Jan'18 = 47;   Feb'18 = 49;   March'18 = 13;   April'18 = 26;   May'18 = 11;   June'18 = 12;   July'18 = 10;   Aug'18 = 8;   Sep'18 = 9;   Oct'18 = 5;   Nov'18 = 5;   Dec'18 = 8;   Jan'19 = 2;   Feb'19 = 8

In November'17 there were 45 applications, but in November'18 only 5!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hi All, it is possible that not everyone saw my post last week, I still however find it very interesting. With new regional visas being introduced soon I am sure SC887 applications will dwindle even more in the future.

Number of sc887 Applications per month since 1 November 2017 until end Feb'19 (I could go further back which could further back-up the trend)

Nov'17 = 45;   Dec'17 = 36;   Jan'18 = 47;   Feb'18 = 49;   March'18 = 13;   April'18 = 26;   May'18 = 11;   June'18 = 12;   July'18 = 10;   Aug'18 = 8;   Sep'18 = 9;   Oct'18 = 5;   Nov'18 = 5;   Dec'18 = 8;   Jan'19 = 2;   Feb'19 = 8

It is interesting indeed! 🙂 Our forum is very visible on google search, it is quite popular, so I am guessing, if any current or potential 887 applicants were to join us, they would have done it by now. This means, the statistics is pretty solid and represents the general trend. 

I remember, we had a huge gap in invitations for state sponsorship a few months back, meaning, a lot less people applied for 489 from overseas. This could have had a knock-on effect on 887? 🤔

image.png.ef590b307f526ce27205c229fede8d50.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Honey said:

Please check your visa . You can see in which state and in which postcode you can work. 

Must stay in specified area (visa condition 8539) This condition means that you must live, work and study only in an area specified as a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area of Australia. The relevant area(s) applicable to you are the ones specified at the time your visa was granted. You can find the list of regional and low-population growth areas through the 'When you have this visa' tab of the product page related to your granted visa. See immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/ visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing. You should keep a copy of this information at the time your visa is granted

This is the condition 

40 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It may not mean much but some interesting statistics when reviewing our group spreadsheet, which begs the question, why are 887 applications decreasing so substantially from month to month? I know the spreadsheet may only represent members on this forum but does the trend indicate the general trend across Australia? Could this be a reason why the immigration website explains that there is not enough applications to determine a timeline? Ofcourse it may mean that people are just not visiting this forum, but it is an interesting fact after immigration numbers were cut over the last few years and point requirements have increased for all visas.

Thanks mate,  below is my two cents (Take it on the Chin 😄)

1. 887 visa holders have to hold 489, 487 - If they drop the EOI s for these two categories, it will reflect on number of  887 applications couple of years down the line.
2. 489 is a skilled visa, so most people tend to go for 189 /190 looking at the 887 waiting times. 
3. Silent followers, there are so many leechers who does not bother updating excel with their information but rather check  whats in there. (In their defense, the waiting time is too long so might as well wait a couple of months before updating details )
4. Since 887 is disaster, ppl moving from 489 to 189 or 190 onshore

And here we are, rest of the monkeys 😄 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, toot said:

Thanks mate,  below is my two cents (Take it on the Chin 😄)

1. 887 visa holders have to hold 489, 487 - If they drop the EOI s for these two categories, it will reflect on number of  887 applications couple of years down the line.
2. 489 is a skilled visa, so most people tend to go for 189 /190 looking at the 887 waiting times. 
3. Silent followers, there are so many leechers who does not bother updating excel with their information but rather check  whats in there. (In their defense, the waiting time is too long so might as well wait a couple of months before updating details )
4. Since 887 is disaster, ppl moving from 489 to 189 or 190 onshore

And here we are, rest of the monkeys 😄 

I believe there are soo many Silent followers

• Haha 3

Speak of 190, In 2016, a friend of mine moved to Tasmania as she didn't get the NSW state regional sponsorship. As per requirement of Tasmania 190, she needs to study there for the certain time period, I thought she's got a long way to go. What a stupid thinking! The reality was that she got her PR in the middle of 2017! Geez! What ab me? I am still stuck in the middle of nowhere like an idiot and awaiting here forever for PR be granted!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1