887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

24 minutes ago, Butt said:

All of us in group are morally obliged to join this WhatsApp platform.
Please join. It's my request to all of you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

No Butt, nobody is obliged to join a WhatsApp action group, it should be voluntary. This forum is for prospective and current 887 applicants to gather and share info regarding the process. The current long wait times are frustrating and the department's performance is concerning, but certainly not a crime. I am sure many are happy to support a complaint to the ombudsman. Legal action should however be out of the question, in my opinion, it will take longer than you will wait for your grant.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm about to apply for 887 the next month.... I'm confused by one thing -  a few tens of pages ago you were telling that Medical is not required for 887, just for new born children (born while holding 489), and just a few pages ago someone said that they requested Medical for the children (as I've understood, older children, already examined when applied for 489).

Could someone please explain the Medical thing properly? 

And the other thing, does dependant needs to take the English exam again, if passed while taking for 489 application? 

Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

28 minutes ago, 887 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm about to apply for 887 the next month.... I'm confused by one thing -  a few tens of pages ago you were telling that Medical is not required for 887, just for new born children (born while holding 489), and just a few pages ago someone said that they requested Medical for the children (as I've understood, older children, already examined when applied for 489).

Could someone please explain the Medical thing properly? 

And the other thing, does dependant needs to take the English exam again, if passed while taking for 489 application? 

Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

Hello dear,

Medical only required for the newborn baby. Kids who already gone through medical during 489 are ok. No medical required for them

I think if dependant already provide English exam test during 489 , than its not required during 887

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

Hello dear,

Medical only required for the newborn baby. Kids who already gone through medical during 489 are ok. No medical required for them

I think if dependant already provide English exam test during 489 , than its not required during 887

Many thanks, Honey!

That's reassuring.

20 minutes ago, Honey said:

Hello dear,

Secondary applicants must do the English test again, or prove functional English even though this was done for a 489

• Like 1

All right, I'm not worried much about IELTS since the secondary applicant achieved much higher grades than myself as primary one... Just don't wanna take the children through the Medical again, which is stressful for them and not cheap as well...

No Butt, nobody is obliged to join a WhatsApp action group, it should be voluntary. This forum is for prospective and current 887 applicants to gather and share info regarding the process. The current long wait times are frustrating and the department's performance is concerning, but certainly not a crime. I am sure many are happy to support a complaint to the ombudsman. Legal action should however be out of the question, in my opinion, it will take longer than you will wait for your grant.
I used the word morally. It's an additional platform where we can get to know the details. No worries if you don't want . I al ways try to use the words sensibly and I never used the word crime or something similar.
Best of luck to you.

Hi all,Anyone knows how long does it take to get a bridging visa B form bridging A. Are we allowed to apply bridging B when we are on 489 or need to wait for Bridging A to active?. Thank you 
3 to 4 days.

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys, 

I am a silent follower of this forum. I have submitted my 887 since DECEMBER 2018 and they have opened my application TODAY (after less than 4 months). Not sure if I should be happy or worry as they require further information for my Spouse while I have front loaded all documents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tian said:

Hi Guys, 

I am a silent follower of this forum. I have submitted my 887 since DECEMBER 2018 and they have opened my application TODAY (after less than 4 months). Not sure if I should be happy or worry as they require further information for my Spouse while I have front loaded all documents.

Dec 2018? you sure?

3 minutes ago, Tian said:

Hi Guys, 

Might be good news. Just curious where are you from?

3 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

so now they are jumping from Feb 18 to Dec 18?! I am confusing how this system work. Anyway good luck mate for getting direct grant! 

I am not getting a direct grant mate 😂. They are requesting more docs for the relationship with my Spouse.

• Sad 1