887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

I encourage everyone to at least give their input if not yet convinced to help. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

"These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas". Yeah mate, I spent all my savings to start a new life on regional area, I am civil engineer and work for 28 fucking dollars an hour and the time of my job interview I was competing with 32 more candidates LOL. Regional Area sucks, low salary and high rent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hi All 

I have 2 doubts as follows please clarify me

1. When we change the address during our application is being processed?? When we need to update the address?? I saw in form 929 they indicated as within 14days of moving to new address we need to mention?? But in 887 home affairs website they mentioned as as soon as possible we need to update?? So which one to follow?? In case if we update the address after 1 or 2 months is there any consequences??

2. When we change the job do we need to update in immiaccount or not required while application is being processed?? Its not clear in 887 home affairs website is there any timeline to update the job change??

5 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi All 

1. When we change the address during our application is being processed?? When we need to update the address?? I saw in form 929 they indicated as within 14days of moving to new address we need to mention?? But in 887 home affairs website they mentioned as as soon as possible we need to update?? So which one to follow?? In case if we update the address after 1 or 2 months is there any consequences??

2. When we change the job do we need to update in immiaccount or not required while application is being processed?? Its not clear in 887 home affairs website is there any timeline to update the job change??

Hi

1. Its good to update address as soon we move, but it's ok if you update later. They must have knowledge of your current address.

2. Not sure if we have to update about the new job. if you have already full filled one-year job requirement document. They will verify previous employment.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi All 

Applicant would  already completed the work requirement of 489 visa before applying for 887. This means that it will not have any impact on the decision of your application and thus I don't think it is important to inform them about your new job. 

• Thanks 1

Guys, when having a close look at my documents, i see that my name is minced and used, with all possible combinations and permutations. Can a statutory declaration mentioning all these names are me do? I turned a blind eye at that time. Can anyone please suggest what should i do convince a co who will pick up file? 

20 hours ago, Jean said:

My child born overseas, he has done medical for 489. So I thought case officer won’t ask it again,  unfortunately I have to do again. CO issued hap ID for my child.you have to register online with Bupa, then call them for appointment and fill out e-referral ( you will get that link along with bupa appointment conformation email). 

For medical you need,

Hap ID, E-referral and passport

Hi thanks for your information. My dougthr is 8 and my boy is 6.  Do you think that I can creat hap ID with myself or I need to call CO or maybe Bupa

Hi all, 
What are the options and what you think we should do , which we are not doing?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Cant we raise it to human rights? 

Source https://www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au/human-rights/the-charter/complaints

What sort of complaints can the Ombudsman investigate?

People can complain about administrative action taken by a public authority. Administrative action may include a decision or action taken by a public authority, refusal to undertake certain activity or make a decision and creation of a proposal or recommendation. The Victorian Ombudsman can investigate whether administrative action breaches a human right set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Butt said:

Hi, 

Write letters which includes our application reference number and other contact details, have it signed by all of us and send it to MPs, Immigration minister and probably to PM office. 

In parallel, we can approach newspaper, news channels and individual journalists who could take up this issue. There would be few bumps down the road like many of recipient will may ignore us and we will may have to send reminders but its worth giving a whack. I'm confident our voice will be listened and If not for us, then at least it would be beneficial for the people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, toot said:

Cant we raise it to human rights? 

Source https://www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au/human-rights/the-charter/complaints

What sort of complaints can the Ombudsman investigate?

People can complain about administrative action taken by a public authority. Administrative action may include a decision or action taken by a public authority, refusal to undertake certain activity or make a decision and creation of a proposal or recommendation. The Victorian Ombudsman can investigate whether administrative action breaches a human right set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.

We should contact them. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Butt said:

Even after completing their conditions they treat us like this and nobody is raising this issue. It is true that immigration should be tough but not for those who have fulfilled  the condition. This is insane. I am only hopping that they don’t change time to 24 months.