887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 4/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, JoeIAm said:

hi All, 

Can you please show me how to update new Passport, new Job contract and Living place( as I moved from VIC to SA)? Do I need to update From 80? or I just need to attached more evidences of documents? 

Thanks for reading and helping

hi all, 

can anyone help me please ?

• Like 1

Hi All

Got my PR this morning. Timeline,

1) Applied - 05-02-2018

2) First CO (Adam) contact - 12/10/2018 and asked for

a) Form 1399 - for both wife and myself - PROVIDED

b) English language ability - Had submitted the transcript and degree certificate. But asked again. provided Statutory declaration along with the academic transcript and degree certificate.

c) Immigration health examination for my 8-year-old daughter - PROVIDED

3) AFP Clearance was expired by 16/03/2019 for both me and my wife. Renewed and uploaded after the expiry

4) Grant - 11/04/2019 - CO -Sophorn

Followed the forum and was useful. If anyone needs any specific info, I am happy to share my experience.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, SN133 said:

Hi All

1) Applied - 05-02-2018

b) English language ability - Had submitted the transcript and degree certificate. But asked again. provided Statutory declaration along with the academic transcript and degree certificate.

3) AFP Clearance was expired by 16/03/2019 for both me and my wife. Renewed and uploaded after the expiry

4) Grant - 11/04/2019

Followed the forum and was useful. If anyone needs any specific info, I am happy to share my experience.

Congratulations 

10 hours ago, Russki said:

I have already looked into this option @George. 🙂 Good idea, but...

I know the lawyer even who is prepared to file a case for us in federal Court, he is a top-notch lawyer and we are almost guaranteed to win the case. However, each of us have to pay up to $7000 to start the ball rolling. We will get this money back in case of success, but we may not. Are you guys prepared to do this??? I don't have this money spare, sure enough. 

But good idea, I agree. And I looked into the law side of thisng, we can claim "unreasonable amount of time to take a decision " in court, you can read on it: Section 7(1) of the Administrative Decision (Judicial Review) Act 19977 (ADJR Act). 

And no, they will not reject our applications if we take a class action, because they know that they will be under scrutiny if they do. 😉 

As for the financial compensation stemming from defective administration, read this:

https://migrationalliance.com.au/home/complain-about-a-diac-officer.html

Happy to chip in and help in all ways l can. Fingers crossed something comes out of this.

18 minutes ago, SN133 said:

Hi All

1) Applied - 05-02-2018

4) Grant - 11/04/2019 - CO -Sophorn

Congrats mate 

53 minutes ago, Tian said:

I am not getting a direct grant mate 😂. They are requesting more docs for the relationship with my Spouse.

Could you please provide details of those docs? What kind of relationship you provided or planning or provide?

13 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Could you please provide details of those docs? What kind of relationship you provided or planning or provide?

They are requesting mainly statements from friends and colleagues, share bills, pictures, call log...

9 minutes ago, Tian said:

They are requesting mainly statements from friends and colleagues, share bills, pictures, call log...

Thanks, Too me it looks good news to me. It is possible that they might have prioritized the cases according to countries' quota.  

Guys please tweet Commonwealth Omb @cwealthomb They are here to listen our complains or email them. I am sure they will help us or show us a path. Then the second option could file a  lawsuit.

see the below CommonwealthOMB 's tag line. Don't you think it will work?

We investigate complaints about the administrative actions of government entities and prescribed private sector organizations.

My Tweet...

@CwealthOmb Please Help us. Immigration is deliberately extending processing time. Even though we have fulfilled all the requirements but still they are taking over 15 to 16 months processing time which is unfair. Our career is on a big risk. https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

Please contact them. Email or Tweet them. 

Also Just realized that officially Immi site has updated the timeline. 15 to 16 months. Previously it was no time due to lower volume of application. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JoeIAm said:

hi all, 

can anyone help me please ?

It is very simple: log on to your immi account,  go into details,  then "update details" and on the right there will be a menu, a list with all information you can update,  like passport,  address etc. 

Follow those links to update all your details. 🙂 good luck! 

No need to amend form 80. But if you have a new passport,  attach it in attached documents. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tian said:

Wow,  this is what usually is required for partners visa or prospective marriage visa!!!  Crazy! 

We have a new CO Ruth. Nice to meet you, Ruth!  😎😎 Please help Sophorn out to go through our pile!!!   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Russki said:

Wow,  this is what usually is required for partners visa or prospective marriage visa!!!  Crazy! 

We have a new CO Ruth. Nice to meet you, Ruth!  😎😎 Please help Sophorn out to go through our pile!!!   

It seems Ruth is just trainy. Mistakenly opened December file. Sophorn must be upset on Ruth. 

• Haha 6

What do you think about an idea of applying for 887 a few months before having completed 2 years of living in the designated area (if meet all other criteria)?! If CO never opens the case before certain amount of time passes, this time could be calculated into 2 years… E.g. if we know for sure that there is no chance that CO would open the case within 5 months of application, the applicant could apply when having 20 months of living in reg. area criteria fulfilled and during next 4 months upload required proofs of 2 year living… In this case, at the point of time when CO open the case, all requirements would be met.

Any thoughts on this hypothetical chronology?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 887 said:

What do you think about an idea of applying for 887 a few months before having completed 2 years of living in the designated area (if meet all other criteria)?! If CO never opens the case before certain amount of time passes, this time could be calculated into 2 years… E.g. if we know for sure that there is no chance that CO would open the case within 5 months of application, the applicant could apply when having 20 months of living in reg. area criteria fulfilled and during next 4 months upload required proofs of 2 year living… In this case, at the point of time when CO open the case, all requirements would be met.

Any thoughts on this hypothetical chronology?

I suppose you can't apply if you are not eligible. You should tick something "I have lived in regional areas for 2 years blabla" you are lodging your application

• Thanks 1