887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 hours ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

I encourage everyone to at least give their input if not yet convinced to help. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/764806566939293/

• Like 1

Hi, 
Write letters which includes our application reference number and other contact details, have it signed by all of us and send it to MPs, Immigration minister and probably to PM office. 
In parallel, we can approach newspaper, news channels and individual journalists who could take up this issue. There would be few bumps down the road like many of recipient will may ignore us and we will may have to send reminders but its worth giving a whack. I'm confident our voice will be listened and If not for us, then at least it would be beneficial for the people.
Myself and KC01 is already doing on Twitter.
I have written to Immigration minister as well and received a standard reply but yes we should keep on trying.
We have not interacted with PM until now but we should.
Draft letter, get it signed and submit to PM office.
Anyway, let's formulate something on which all agreed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Butt said:

I have written to Immigration minister as well and received a standard reply but yes we should keep on trying.

Glad you've done that. Social media would't be very effective in our scenario. Because, with the limited number of applicants on 887 we won't be able to make a trend on twitter that could get media's attention. 

Is that possible we could collect details of all members and then send out another flock of letters. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Butt said:

I can send a standard letter text to anyone who is interested to send it to their local MP. Just let me know through personal message. 🙂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi all, 

They're keep increasing the processing time of our applications. I remember people used to get it in 4-6 months time in 2017 and now it is 15-16 months. What is more worrying is that they could increase it even further and if we don't do anything about it now, we'll remain helpless like we're at the moment. Having less number of applicant doesn't mean that you don't process them. These are the families who have been paying taxes, contributing in your economy and populating low growth areas.And help them settee in peacefully, is the least you could to. 

I understand few of us have tried to contact media about highlighting the issue and some have written letters to different parliamentarians etc. How about if we do a combined effort, and send letters to various communities, politicians and media houses to see if someone could help us. 

For the purpose, we could create a group where we can make and execute our plans. I may not be making a lot of sense as an individual but if we all put our thoughts to it I'm sure we could make them process our applications faster because what they're doing is not justified. 

I encourage everyone to at least give their input if not yet convinced to help. 

If the processing is going at this pace, it may take a few years to get our application processed. It’s not a joke. They are processing the February-18 files for last 7-8 months, and still, Feb 23rd 2018 files have not been taken...and, what does it mean, they need minimum 7-8 months to process 1 month’s application. At this pace, If you are a Feb 2019 applicant, they may take your file after 6 - 7 years from now (If nothing changes)…There must be some immediate change in how they treat 887 applications.. I suggest we all have to send a handwritten grievance letter to the Prime minister’s office almost on the same date, explaining our pathetic situations…No point in contacting Immi Minister's office… If you all agree to this idea, let’s ask Ruskki to coordinate it…

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

If the processing is going at this pace, it may take a few years to get our application processed. It’s not a joke. They are processing the February-18 files for last 7-8 months, and still, Feb 23rd 2018 files have not been taken...and, what does it mean, they need minimum 7-8 months to process 1 month’s application. At this pace, If you are a Feb 2019 applicant, they may take your file after 6 - 7 years from now (If nothing changes)…There must be some immediate change in how they treat 887 applications.. I suggest we all have to send a handwritten grievance letter to the Prime minister’s office almost on the same date, explaining our pathetic situations…No point in contacting Immi Minister's office… If you all agree to this idea, let’s ask Ruskki to coordinate it…

Agreed to any idea or proposal.
There is whole Bunch of people from March 18 to April 19 and the way it's happening, many stories would generate out of this.
We should definitely write a letter and wherever you say send it to all concerned with signature.
Pl advise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jose said:

37 minutes ago, Butt said:

Agreed to any idea or proposal.
There is whole Bunch of people from March 18 to April 19 and the way it's happening, many stories would generate out of this.
We should definitely write a letter and wherever you say send it to all concerned with signature.
Pl advise.

I propose in the first phase send letters to Immigration office / Prime Minister office and to as many MPs as possible. Second phase, send reminders, take followups and collect all replies. Third phase (If needed), contact Journalists with the proof of all the communications done earlier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Commonwealth Ombudsman in Australia can investigate complaints from people like us who believe we have been treated unfairly and unreasonably by an Australian Government department/agency including the Department of Immigration.

There's an option where you could make a complaint anonymously and they have an online complaint form that is easy and straightforward to use.

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/making-a-complaint

A short video about Commonwealth Ombudsman: https://youtu.be/KqTlhDeOUTI

Edited by 02 Feb 18
added a YouTube video
  • Like 5

Great work Russki, you are true legend. We need one more format for contacting media. Anyone can share a format, after that all of us going to send the mail to tv channel, news channel, radio and all the possible option. Hopefully all of us can do it once we can expect something.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

The Commonwealth Ombudsman in Australia can investigate complaints from people like us who believe we have been treated unfairly and unreasonably by an Australian Government department/agency including the Department of Immigration.

There's an option where you could make a complaint anonymously and they have an online complaint form that is easy and straightforward to use.

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/making-a-complaint

I've been thinking about it for a while. They look into cases over 12 months old 🙂

• Like 1

I've been thinking about it for a while. They look into cases over 12 months old [emoji846]
Please submit it anonymously if one don't want their name. This would be your slight contribution. We are doing things in very transparent and legitimate manner. Hope things are easy for all of us.

• Like 3

Thank u so much for all the effort you are all putting towards getting immigration to work. I called immi again with the hope of getting my daughter born January 2018 added to my  application lodged 15months ago as my file still shows received 9months after filling form 1022.sadly all I got from them was a directive to apply for 489 for my daughter.This is so depressing 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, 8jan said:

Thank u so much for all the effort you are all putting towards getting immigration to work. I called immi again with the hope of getting my daughter born January 2018 added to my  application lodged 15months ago as my file still shows received 9months after filling form 1022.sadly all I got from them was a directive to apply for 489 for my daughter.This is so depressing 

Are you sure? Check my timeline below. I added form 1022 few days ago, my newborn has been granted 489 and bridging visa A already.

• Like 1

Just now, peace_at_heart said:

Are you sure? Check my timeline below. I added form 1022 few days ago, my newborn has been granted 489 and bridging visa A already.

@8jan , please look into your account. it's really surprising if they said that.

When we update them using form 1022 they auto generated 489 and bridging visa for baby.

Have you updated passport details as well ?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 8jan said:

Something does not ring true, they have to issue 489 and BVA to the baby by default. 🤔 

14 hours ago, Russki said:

I've been thinking about it for a while. They look into cases over 12 months old 🙂

Hi Russki,

I have go ahead and filed the complaint.

Crux of the argument with the Immigration Department should be "No, the visa processing is NOT within the time frame department had mentioned when I filed the application"

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Russki,

I have go ahead and filed the complaint.

Crux of the argument with the Immigration Department should be "No, the visa processing is NOT within the time frame department had mentioned when I filed the application"

It is very clear that Australia is treating us unfairly. We have right to complain. Our whole career is on risk. We are not a slave where we have to stay in one state for 2 years and then 1.5 years for file processing time. This is our choice to live in this country it doesn’t mean they treat us like this. This is sad. Guys once we receive our citizenship we should Never vote for this gov. This is discrimination and racism. 

• Like 2