887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Russki said:

I cannot really answer this one. 🙂 But I remember the great times when I just applied in September 2017. We had official processing time posed on immi account of 5-7 months, whereas in reality, most files were being picked up exactly 3 months after application date, sometimes even 2 months after application! 🙂  They were great times! And if people were forced to wait up to 4-5 months they were already complaining, hahaha! We were spoiled back in the day. 

Bottom line is - look at the tracker, things are moving, waiting time is slowly shrinking. This is the reality. 🙂 Let's hope COs keep it up. 🍀

good old day... I remember i got my 489 in just 1 week...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

when CO works on a file and send you mail, it means they just worked on it on that same day or they worked on the file days ago?

From what I gathered as I got my email as well as other people on the forum, I would say they just worked on your file. This is just my opinion and I have no evidence to proof that it is indeed correct. Have you been contacted?

1 minute ago, Mel 887 said:

I got the same message before receiving my grant yesterday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope for the best for people getting this message then!

I am happy for you and your family for receiving your grant! Enjoy the less stressful life!

1 minute ago, Prem said:

Hi , after submitting overseas police report how long do we need to wait roughly ?

For visa grant , do both of us need to be in Australia, as my partner is overseas now .

thank you 

All Applicants are required to be in Australia at the time of application and decision.

4 minutes ago, Prem said:

Hi , after submitting overseas police report how long do we need to wait roughly ?

For visa grant , do both of us need to be in Australia, as my partner is overseas now .

thank you 

Sorry comment on time as its different for everyone; regarding grant all the applicants should be onshore i.e. in Australia.

Just now, Katie said:

NO WAY!!! 😳 How did you find that out??? 

My MARA consultant told me this hence i am keeping a track on same as my daughters passport is going to expire next year in Feb 2020 so will get same processed in Aug 2019 and update details again.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PRHope said:

If most of us are experiencing the same issue, I am guessing there is a problem with their system

sorry to burst your bubble

I have lost any kind of optimism and just trying to laugh off at the situation

yea i believe its just a system error 😞 

10 minutes ago, Dee said:

My MARA consultant told me this hence i am keeping a track on same as my daughters passport is going to expire next year in Feb 2020 so will get same processed in Aug 2019 and update details again.

Oh heck that means I’ve got two to do..Only valid till this September for the kids. 

Thanks Dee 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Dee.. Sorry to be a pain but was it easy to do from over here n was it expensive? 

No worries please ask away: for Indian passport renewal its damn easy and straight forward process and you get new passport in 5 days;  got my husbands done few months back and it was approx AUD 117!!!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dee said:

No worries please ask away: for Indian passport renewal its damn easy and straight forward process and you get new passport in 5 days;  got my husbands done few months back and it was approx AUD 117!!!

Thank you.. I’ll nip over to our local post office and get the forms ((printers no ink here) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nimmi said:

I am tired of waiting too.. I complained yesterday that i have even completed 18 months.. but got the usual reply..so upsetting..I don’t know why they are not giving us grant.. i have submitted all requested documents within 28 days and after requesting documents sophorn go for  3 months holidays... not fair...

Hi, could I ask where did you get the information that Sophorn gone for 3 month holiday? She is my Co as well, requested document from us at March, nothing happens since then.