887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 minutes ago, Ken said:

My friend is a bit different with your case as she was on last 2 weeks of student visa, her bf who is Australian applied partner visa, so her student visa was changed to partner TR visa. Therefore, I think your case will work.

Thanks for the reply. I am only thinking about how can she get the work right ASAP. Because she is a computer engineer and if she will not be able to work for 2 years then it will be a career break which in not positive for job perspective. Please let me know if you have any news regarding this. 

2 minutes ago, Deepan said:

Congrats for the guys got the grants. I am a silent follower in this group and expecting to lodge my 887 by mid August. Please advise based on my situation. 

Landed in Regional NSW on 5/8/17

Moved to Melbourne 25/1/18 ( i came on  a Family Sponsor)

Went overseas for 2 weeks, so planning to lodge around 17/8/19.

The question is My wife not lived here for 2 years yet ( arrived here on 3/12/17) so by the time i apply , she will be 4 months short to satisfy 2 year criteria. 

does this applicable to secondary applicant too ? i am the main applicant .

Please advise.

Thanks 

Deep.

Hi Deep, sorry I am not answering your query but. 2 important tips. 

1) Submit the 887 same day you start filling up the online form. later you can add other detail. Because if you will start filling the online form and simultaneously gathering documents then it will pass easily 15 to 20 days. so Don't be late. Submit the online form same day and gather documents as you go. Because it will take more than 1 year to open the file. 

2) submit your AFP and home country police check after 6 months of your lodgement. Because police check has an expiry date of 1 year.  So if you will submit now then you need to submit one more time after 1 year. Anyway, they don't open file usually for 6 months after submitting the 887. So you will be fine.  

On 7/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, Simmie said:

Hi guys 

They have decreased the processing time to 16-17 months 

Its nearly 16 months for us .. can u pls suggest if i should be lodging a complaint and what should i state in complaint. 

Applied on 3rd of April 2018

Co contacted - 5th june 2019 

We have uploaded All doccuments .

And waiting since then 

Pls advise guys . 

Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, Deepan said:

Congrats for the guys got the grants. I am a silent follower in this group and expecting to lodge my 887 by mid August. Please advise based on my situation. 

The question is My wife not lived here for 2 years yet ( arrived here on 3/12/17) so by the time i apply , she will be 4 months short to satisfy 2 year criteria. 

Please advise.

Thanks 

Deep.

It's not necessary for partner to fulfill 2 year in regional area, however, once she/he in Australia, they must live together.

Hi friends 

Could anyone kindly advise 

I have applied on 15 -june 2018

First contact on 25 -june 2019(requested for wife's English requirement 

Received Pre Grant on july 3rd requesting  my wife  and kids to return Australia as there were  on 4 weeks holiday back home

Everyone came back to Australia on 26 july 2019 and we notified to immigration

Could anyone advise how long they might take to reply. Will i be in queue again, do i have take overseas police check again

Thank you in advance 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:27 AM, Russki said:

Best to go for the independent visa (189/190) if you have enough points, as 489 is a pain in the butt. 😞 Sorry. Only go for 489 if you do not have enough points.

You will not have Medicare on 489 (unless your country of origin has reciprocal agreement with Australia, like UK), so will need visitors' private health. Most people go with BUPA, for full comprehensive insurance (extras + hospital) you may be looking at paying about $200 a fortnight for 4 people. Please research this online, I cannot give exact figures. I pay $120 a fortnight for me and my son. this covers all extras and hospital with $500 excess.

You can get a job here, but please be prepared that it may not be in your field. Adelaide is a funny place like that. You have to be very lucky to get straight into your profession on arrival. Many people of good professions like doctors and engineers here work as UBER drivers, which is a bit sad, but it gets them a PR in the end! 🙂 

No requirement for IELTS for main applicant for 887, but there is for a secondary applicant. Or you can use a university degree as a proof of English.

Adelaide is very livable in terms of rent and living expenses. There are some cheaper suburbs north and south, more expensive in the hills and near the ocean , you just have to look for there you want to be. You can rent a house or unit for your family for $300/week, if you want to start small. Plus other expenses: food, cars, energy bills, phones, internet. As an example, all my bills with rent average at $450-500 per week plus car fuel, food and mobile phone.

Yes, you can invite parents on 489.

🙂 

Hi Rusky, thanks a lot for your valuable and detailed guidance.

Is it possible to talk to you once, I have few queries. My no. is +91-9050686412 and my email id is abhisheksdimt@gmail.com. 

If possible please guide that under 489 Visa is it necessary for the family to stay with the main applicant or only main applicant alone fulfill 2 year requirement is enough. Appx. how much a person can earn on avg if he/she is not having job in the same profession. 

When you apply for 887 VISA have you taken insurance during that period also. 

How to search Job in South Australia, where to stay once land in Adelaide, to whom I would visit for the residence permit and children school and so on. Is there any office where newcomer can visit. 

22 minutes ago, abhishek said:

Hi Rusky, thanks a lot for your valuable and detailed guidance.

Is it possible to talk to you once, I have few queries. My no. is +91-9050686412 and my email id is abhisheksdimt@gmail.com. 

If possible please guide that under 489 Visa is it necessary for the family to stay with the main applicant or only main applicant alone fulfill 2 year requirement is enough. Appx. how much a person can earn on avg if he/she is not having job in the same profession. 

When you apply for 887 VISA have you taken insurance during that period also. 

How to search Job in South Australia, where to stay once land in Adelaide, to whom I would visit for the residence permit and children school and so on. Is there any office where newcomer can visit. 

Abhishek , You will be a fool to come on 489 visa if you can get under 189 or 190.

Mate being a phd scholar in India gives u good options and i dont know why u want to come to SA. and besides for jobs and for staying here u can search seek and flatmates.

Also rembee unlike in India here if the jobs are for gradutes u cannot apply.And the jobs posted on seeks are almost fake.Dont expect work from ur department.If u are ok with odd jobs then pls come.Also dont share ur emails and phone number on forums like this

17 hours ago, Vinh said:

Everyone would get pr before new visa 491 kicks start in Nov. Hahaha.

One of my friends wanted to apply 489 but he couldn't because his lawyer said it requires to have the experience in their field to get 489 visas. So it is next to impossible for a new applicant to get a 489 visa. So hopefully they speed up the processing time. 

3 hours ago, Emadh said:

Hi friends 

Could anyone kindly advise 

I have applied on 15 -june 2018

First contact on 25 -june 2019(requested for wife's English requirement 

Received Pre Grant on july 3rd requesting  my wife  and kids to return Australia as there were  on 4 weeks holiday back home

Everyone came back to Australia on 26 july 2019 and we notified to immigration

Could anyone advise how long they might take to reply. Will i be in queue again, do i have take overseas police check again

Thank you in advance 

Bro this monday you and your family will be the one who will get PR before anyone else 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC01 said:

One of my friends wanted to apply 489 but he couldn't because his lawyer said it requires to have the experience in their field to get 489 visas. So it is next to impossible for a new applicant to get a 489 visa. So hopefully they speed up the processing time. 

That's bad info...

6 minutes ago, Delfin said:

That's bad info...

I know that is negative info. But this is how immi changes the rules. Immi is going to close 489 in November 2019 and will bring more defficult regional visa. Currently for 489 relevant experience is mandatory + all the points. So whoever will apply from offshore will have more benefit. 

My friend's immi agent also said that immi might bring down 887 processing time. So I am positive about processing time will bring down to under 12 months for most of the applicants.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, KC01 said:

Hi Deep, sorry I am not answering your query but. 2 important tips. 

1) Submit the 887 same day you start filling up the online form. later you can add other detail. Because if you will start filling the online form and simultaneously gathering documents then it will pass easily 15 to 20 days. so Don't be late. Submit the online form same day and gather documents as you go. Because it will take more than 1 year to open the file. 

2) submit your AFP and home country police check after 6 months of your lodgement. Because police check has an expiry date of 1 year.  So if you will submit now then you need to submit one more time after 1 year. Anyway, they don't open file usually for 6 months after submitting the 887. So you will be fine.  

Hi  KC01, 

Thanks for the valuable advices, i will keep that in mind. My home country police clearances do take a lot of time. so that makes sense. 

it might be already here in this forum, but if anyone got time please advise. i have payslips for all of my stay and rental agreements, bills for 19 months. i stayed in a friend's house for 6 months and i have bank account letters indicating my address and my 6 month pay slip also got this address. even my old NSW license got this address. Are those evidences enough to prove i lived in Regional NSW ?  i have enough evidences for my Melbourne residences.

this is nothing to do with my application but a general question, i am planning send my baby to a day care centre as my wife's firm ask her restart her job since her maternity leave is over. but after knowing the fees i am bit confused. Is there any government benefits for ppl on 489 visa ?  just curious .  i know there is a medicare benefit once we applied for 887 but no centerlink ?. 

Thanks in advance.

Deep

On 7/27/2019 at 8:26 PM, Mirza said:

It's not necessary for partner to fulfill 2 year in regional area, however, once she/he in Australia, they must live together.

Thanks Mirza,  thats a big relief , otherwise i will be waiting for 4 more months. already visa processing time is killing all the future plans.

Hi all,

i am new to this forum, i applied my 887 visa on 19/2/18 (its been 17 months 2 weeks)

CO contacted me on 24 June asking for new AFP and the reasons explaining that why i didn't move straight away to regional  area. i moved 6 months later after getting the visa cause of family issues. would that have any effect on the outcome? should i call /make a complain? now submitted all the documents asked. second question my wife and my 9 month baby are Australian citizens by birth , do i still need to add them to my file ? i would really appreciate your reply, thank you in adavance.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, Deepan said:

Please advise.

Thanks 

Deep.

only Main applicant need to satisfy all requirements. which are 2 yrs of living and 1 yr of working. 

cheez

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KC01 said:

That is normal, it has always been the case that you need experience in your field to get a 489 visa, as per the occupation list?

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

That is normal, it has always been the case that you need experience in your field to get a 489 visa, as per the occupation list?

Not in my time. I came to Adelaide in 2016. It was not required to have local experience. I had enough points to get 489. Only For offshore applicants had this requirement. 

22 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Not in my time. I came to Adelaide in 2016. It was not required to have local experience. I had enough points to get 489. Only For offshore applicants had this requirement. 

You never mentioned local experience in your original post, you only mentioned 'experience in his field', therefore the misunderstanding.