887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi Megranda1

This is always there in home affairs 

If you do not like to do IELTS or Do not have studies in English you can opt for this option of second installment I believe its around $4500

Hi guys,

just a question regarding spouse functional English 

How long the ielts/ OET certificate is valid ? 

Thank you very much 

25 minutes ago, wincivil said:

Hi Megranda1

This is always there in home affairs 

If you do not like to do IELTS or Do not have studies in English you can opt for this option of second installment I believe its around $4500

I already paid this when I applied for 489 so I don't have to do anything.

Just posted for people's convenience

7 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

It seems that today is the day for asking, 'how long is IELTS test valid for?'

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificate valid for?'

Another day it will be, 'do I have to certify all my documents?'

😂 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HelloMan said:

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificate valid for?'

One of the best posts ever seen in this forum. Do you know how long your comment will be valid?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I already paid this when I applied for 489 so I don't have to do anything.

Just posted for people's convenience

I don't think so you must pay again because you apply for different visa now which is 887

For example secondary applicants who submitted IELTS during 489 needs to write IELTS again and submit again during 887 because it is valid for 1yr only

Edited by wincivil
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, nudgee said:

most states will close 489 next week, it’s the end of this visa. There will be a few months where the home affaires will not receive new 489 application, hopefully they can work on 887 instead , good luck guys !

Correct, but I know that they have a back log also that they have to clear first. I have friends who applied for 489 in November 2018 and still have not received their grant. Not sure is we will see immediate effect on 887 progress but it might. Let's hope so!

23 minutes ago, wincivil said:

I don't think so you must pay again because you apply for different visa now which is 887

For example secondary applicants who submitted IELTS during 489 needs to write IELTS again and submit again during 887 because it is valid for 1yr only

You can provide the same receipt from 489 to 887 no need to pay again 

14 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hey @Vinh, do you know if we can use work & residency documents that we acquired AFTER we lodged our 887 application?

Hi @Delfin, yes, you can, but those documents need to cover the period of time before your 887 application date. For example, if you applied in November 2018, then rent documents from December 2018 will not be looked at by CO. Only documents relating to time before your application date. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HelloMan said:

Some other day it will be, 'how long are police certificates valid for?'

😄 Yes, we have those "Theme days" on the forum, true! But we have to be patient and remember that we have new people joining all the time. 🙂 It does not hurt to answer the same question repeatedly on the forum - more people will see the answer. 😉 

image.png.8df0c28abfb65d85e589e6c5a996409d.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

😄 Yes, we have those "Theme days" on the forum, true! But we have to be patient and remember that we have new people joining all the time. 🙂 

An idea to put those questions in a FAQ list/comment:

@HelloMan posted a full list of regularly returning questions on page 1472 already. I do not have all the knowledge in answering all the questions, but it might be an idea if someone would take the effort in answering those questions (or adding links to the answers) and posting it as in 1 comment on this forum.

Then we can answer new followers more effectively : "Please look on page xxxx of this forum where there is a list of regularly returning questions, maybe you can find a few of your questions already" (kinda like a FAQ page) Maybe add the link for the tracker there too. Just an idea...

• Like 2

Please mind your language to other and especially newer members of this forum, we are all here for the same reasons. If you do not like someone's post, scroll over it, don't go questioning it.

Many people are on this forum, some are desperate and seek answers, their comments could have a negative tone, some try to make things sound funny just to ease their mind, … it is just a way how people react to the situation of this awfully long wait for their grant. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

FAQ

1. How long are police certificates valid for?

A. One year.

2. How do I apply for AFP?

A. Visit the following link for more information - https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks.

3. Do I need police certificates for all the countries that I have visited before applying for 887, even if I visited those countries for just 1-2 weeks?

A. It depends on the Case Officer (CO). If possible then get it so that you do not have to waste time when CO asks for it. 

4. What proof do I have to give for residence and employment?

A. All the documents that you need for this is clearly provided in the application.

5. I shared accommodation with a friend, what proof do I need to give for residence?

A. You can provide a Stat Dec from your friend mentioning that your were residing with your friend. Provide all the letters/documents/registrations/bills that you got in that address such as insurance letters, car registration, phone bills etc.

6. Do I have to certify all the documents?

A. You do not have to but CO may ask for it. Therefore, if you want, then you can prepare it beforehand to save time.

7. How can I create HAP ID for my child?

A. It has to be created by the CO. You may call or email or fill out the suggestion form online to ask for it in advance to save time.

8. Do I have to submit form 80?

A. Yes you have to.

9. Do I have to submit form 1221?

A. Not necessary but CO may ask for it. 

10. If I go overseas, do I have to make up that time before applying for 887 visa? 

A. Generally four weeks of paid annual leave for each year is allowed. However, there is no set rule on this one, it depends on the CO. If it is more than four weeks a year then you should definitely make up the time before applying for 887 visa. 

11. Can my 887 visa be granted if I am overseas?

A. No.

12. Does secondary applicant also have to meet the requirement for residency?

A. No, only the primary applicant has to meet the requirement, secondary applicant does not have to fulfill two years of residency. But when in Australia, secondary applicant must comply to 489 visa conditions, meaning living in regional area.

13. Where can I find the 887 data tracker?

A. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#.

14. How long are English Language tests valid for?

A. Generally one year, especially if the results show functional English (ie average band of at least 4.5 in IELTS) . However, for vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Test results need to be valid at the time of lodgement of 887 visa. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for the 887 visa grant. More information can be found in the following link - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english.

15. Does primary applicant have to provide English language test results for 887 visa?

A. No.

16. Can I complain if I am within the global processing time?

A. You can complain or provide comment or suggestion at any time but make sure to be polite. 

17. What should I do to lodge a complain?

A. Visit the following link to lodge a complain online - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions or call 133 177. 

Credit

@Stellajane @Freddy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@HelloMan, awesome mate!!

This is already a very good start. There are a few items that might need a little bit more info, so I hope that you will stick around a little bit more in the next coming weeks so we can all submit additional comments to this list to make it our forum "FAQ list on page 1475"  Hope you're up for it to edit along... and again THANKS HEAPS for this.

For example: 

- please number your questions so we can refer to these more easily.

- question 13 (residency requirements for 2nd applicant) answer: No, 2nd applicant does not have to fullfill 2 years of residency BUT when in Australia 2nd applicant MUST comply to visa conditions, meaning living in regional area.

- Question 15 (English requirements) If functional English has been achieved, test results are valid for only 1 year. From vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Note that your test results need to be valid at the time you apply for 887. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for your 887 grant. More info on: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Edited by Stellajane
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

@HelloMan, awesome mate!!

This is already a very good start. There are a few items that might need a little bit more info, so I hope that you will stick around a little bit more in the next coming weeks so we can all submit additional comments to this list to make it our forum "FAQ list on page 1475"  Hope you're up for it to edit along... and again THANKS HEAPS for this.

For example: 

- please number your questions so we can refer to these more easily.

- question 13 (residency requirements for 2nd applicant) answer: No, 2nd applicant does not have to fullfill 2 years of residency BUT when in Australia 2nd applicant MUST comply to visa conditions, meaning living in regional area.

- Question 15 (English requirements) If functional English has been achieved, test results are valid for only 1 year. From vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. more info on: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Not more than 1-year before LODGE date guys. Not 1 year from when the case officer opens the file. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nudgee said:

most states will close 489 next week, it’s the end of this visa. There will be a few months where the home affaires will not receive new 489 application, hopefully they can work on 887 instead , good luck guys !

Sometime I think that why we are always the last lot 🙄

14 hours ago, adam said:

@TANCongrats and enjoy your new life 

can you please post the text comment which you have requested through the online complaint 

thanks 

Hi Adam, 

i don’t have the exact words that I wrote as it was online complaint. As from my memory I mention my visa reference number date of apply and how far I’m waiting and kindly explained I need to start my life with my own house and a good job. Not sure it worked but somehow I got my PR after those attempts. I followed every good suggestions  this forum members talk about like updating new AFP, baby stat dec and polite request on online complaint. 

I wish all of you who desperately waiting will get their grants soon! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

whoever meet the 16 - 17 months waiting period please submit your complaint or request: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

There were many successfully stories lately in regards to complaints. 

If they clear these old applications the processing time should reduce, which is good for everyone. good luck 

• Like 1