887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Nizam said:

It’s really frustrating the way immi treating applicants of 887. They just want to make sure time frame reaches 24 month and every should wait around 4 years in regional. It’s too painful I regret a decision to come to Australia. Don’t know what will make them understand our situation 😞😞

You are very much right. I applied in February 2018. Till now been contacted 2 times and every time CO asks for something new. Once provide the required documents CO hardly bother to see for next 4 months. We all 3 deeply regret to come to Australia. We had an opportunity to go to Canada but we opted Australia on 489 (in July 2015) and that was our life's biggest mistake. If we would have gone to Canada, by now we would have become citizen. The way Deptt. of Home Affairs is treating skilled migrants, is extremely frustrating. We hardly have any charm and happiness of living in Australia. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rantan said:

This whole process is like a lottery game in the meantime and I wouldn't be surprised when they start granting September'18 applications now after that new announcement...

I'm really wondering and very concerned about what they are "planning" to do with all the applicants from Jan to June 2018??? If they not changing their "strategy" pretty soon we will all ending up on a Bridging Visa...

Let's hope to pick up September application to start granting in October. 

3 hours ago, Stellajane said:

Graph below shows the number of grants received per month (green) and the amount of people that applied for 887 (yellow). Data taken from our tracker. Note the spike in applications received around feb last year and the current numbers in applications granted. Note that we have already 29 grants on our tracker this month, which is not a bad number. Please also bear in mind that most people are being contacted around 13-14 months for first contact. Fingers crossed. 

Capture.PNG

Good analysis mate. I am sure there will be more grant in October first week.  You are on the next mate.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kamal said:

Don't know when this punishment gonna finish ......frustration    level gone up ... its hard to control now but they don't care  they not gonna open our files this month....there is no sign at all ...waiting after first contact  and now facing the hard side immigration department .... these last  15 months are toughest phase of my  life 

Same here since 18 months 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Kamal said:

Don't know when this punishment gonna finish ......frustration    level gone up ... its hard to control now but they don't care  they not gonna open our files this month....there is no sign at all ...waiting after first contact  and now facing the hard side immigration department .... these last  15 months are toughest phase of my  life 

16th months. I feel just the same. 

To make them hear we should make noise. We checked vth sbs now if possible to go to abc and give them a reference of last two article publish in sbs. If we able to connect this blunder vth new 491 as Govt have no intention to develop regional area as they preaches. If this can be done we have hope if not just regrets and stress. 

A member of my home country Facebook page got their grant today, applied on 26 July 2018, direct grant with no previous contact from a CO. It still seems 13 to 14 months is the magic processing period if there is no further docs required. Don't focus on the 19 to 22 months, just get everything uploaded correctly and hold thumbs

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

A member of my home country Facebook page got their grant today, applied on 26 July 2018, direct grant with no previous contact from a CO. It still seems 13 to 14 months is the magic processing period if there is no further docs required. Don't focus on the 19 to 22 months, just get everything uploaded correctly and hold thumbs

Great to hear that there is one grant today! And I agree with your further statement. 13-14 months are hopefully still the magic months.  

On 9/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, Stellajane said:

Guys, I made a new chart. 

Regarding the new processing times which are now 18-21 months and a few comments yesterday that COs are trying to assess the applications at a 13-14 months (for direct grant or CO contact).

That made me investigate the tracker and I did notice that the comment of CO's looking into applications around the 13-14 months mark seems fairly correct. 

Therefore I made a graph to illustrate.

I only looked at the direct grants on our tracker. As this is the moment that the files are mostlikely opened for the very first time.

On the graph on the left we have the time in months, at the bottom the application dates.

You can see clearly that at feb 18 we had a massive increase in processing time. It started even a few months before that. This explains the increase in processing times we saw the past year.

But also that since then they are trying to decrease this time again. Slowly, but steady. So we're sitting around the 12 months timeframe for first assessment now.

Does this makes sense?

Hope they can decrease the processing times again in the nearby future and that the Co's stay working to first assessment around 12-13 months mark as like they do now.

All the best everyone! Good Luck.

Capture.PNG

Please have a look at this post that I posted early September where I discuss the first contact time for many applications.

Hi All.

Just got my PR Grant Notification...

Applied 07/11 2017

First contact CO Adm May 2018

Second Contact CO Adam Oct 2018

Third Contact May 2019 CO Sophorn

Grant Today 26 Nov 2019 CO Wilson

Please update Excel...i am extremely grateful to @Russki for her kindness and encouragement!! She messaged and checked up on me regularly and was always reassuring!! I am forver in your debt.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Applied 07/11 2017

Please update Excel...i am extremely grateful to @Russki for her kindness and encouragement!! She messaged and checked up on me regularly and was always reassuring!! I am forver in your debt.

congrats!! enjoy your new life 

12 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Applied 07/11 2017

Finally! Congratulations! 

13 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Applied 07/11 2017

Congratulations! Almost 23 months... 22.6. Great level of patience. Enjoy. 

14 minutes ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Applied 07/11 2017

Many Congrats...

Good they are picking old cases now...

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I applied 887 on 24/07/2018, and i am the only one applicant for both 489 & 887.

I run into the same sisuation as someone elas here. 

I got request from CO Michael to provide evidance for functional English as my IELTS used for 489 expired. But I did uploaded my 2 year full time study Statement of Academic Completion on my 489 application which should be enough for the functional English requirement. 

Shold I just upload another copy of SAC or do an IELTS again?