887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Anna said:

Congrats; so are they picking up random files or what? As there are many files yet to open from the month of july and some got grant from November as well. Does anyone know the sequence?

There is no sequence to pick up files according to DHA. 

1 hour ago, Jay_ said:

Hi Guys,

I'm currently on a 489 visa and will be applying for my 887 in October 2020. I live with my partner who came on her own 489 visa and arrived Australia this year in June.

When applying for my 887, will it be a problem if she has not resided in Australia for 2 years? By application time in October 2020, she would have been 10 months in Australia.

If we have a baby, will the baby be under my 489 or hers?

That’s fine if your wife doesn’t meet 2 years residency because she is secondary applicant. Residency and work experience proof is for main applicant. 
if you guys have baby then little one will be granted 489 under both you as a family. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rajiiiiii said:

What did they say?

Dear Mr SHAH

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 11 November 2019. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress. If you lodged your application online, you can check the status of your application through ImmiAccount.

You may find the following information helpful:

Processing times

You can view current processing times on our website on the page for visa subclasses or citizenship types. Global processing times will be updated monthly. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times.

Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally. Estimates of processing times are provided as a guide only. Individual processing times may vary from the published estimates.

Circumstances that affect processing times

We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

·         whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents

·         how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (remember to check your junk folder, as our correspondence may auto-filter into spam)

·         how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided

·         for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program

·         for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.

Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.

We hope this information has been helpful to you.

Yours sincerely

Nick

Global Feedback Unit

Department of Home Affairs

14 November 2019

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, S_SHAH said:

Dear Mr SHAH

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 11 November 2019. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress. If you lodged your application online, you can check the status of your application through ImmiAccount.

Processing times

You can view current processing times on our website on the page for visa subclasses or citizenship types. Global processing times will be updated monthly. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times.

Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally. Estimates of processing times are provided as a guide only. Individual processing times may vary from the published estimates.

We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

·         whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents

·         how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (remember to check your junk folder, as our correspondence may auto-filter into spam)

·         how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided

·         for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program

·         for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.

Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.

Yours sincerely

Nick

Global Feedback Unit

14 November 2019

That’s not helping DHA

18 minutes ago, S_SHAH said:

Dear Mr SHAH

Processing times

Yours sincerely

Nick

Global Feedback Unit

14 November 2019

hopeless reply 

43 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I wouldn't trust them until it's announced officially.

I agree.

I expect the following will happen:

When already onshore with your valid 489 visa. Nothing will change for you. Sorry! Old postcodes will only be valid for you.

When arriving for the first time on your 489 visa to validate your visa, the rules and the conditions will apply to you as they are gazetted (published) the day of your arrival. That is how I always have known the rules as we were facing a change in postcodes when we arrived in 2016 (but the postcodes didn't change back then). So it is likely that for new entrants on 489's the changes will apply. 

But again, this needs to be investigated further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I agree.

When already onshore with your valid 489 visa. Nothing will change for you. Sorry! Old postcodes will only be valid for you.

When arriving for the first time on your 489 visa to validate your visa, the rules and the conditions will apply to you as they are gazetted (published) the day of your arrival. That is how I always have known the rules as we were facing a change in postcodes when we arrived in 2016 (but the postcodes didn't change back then). So it is likely that for new entrants on 489's the changes will apply. 

There is no reason to change roles for new 489 people because the program is to be created today.

I haven't seen anything official about keeping or removing old postcodes yet so let's wait till it's officially published in the evening.

@Megrand1 I'm pretty confident in my below previous comment for new 489 entrants, but as said, it will most likely not change anything for already onshore 489 people.

21 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

When arriving for the first time on your 489 visa to validate your visa, the rules and the conditions will apply to you as they are gazetted (published) the day of your arrival.

But, we will have to wait for official notification.

56 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

There is no reason to change roles for new 489 people because the program is to be created today.

I haven't seen anything official about keeping or removing old postcodes yet so let's wait till it's officially published in the evening.

I think the process is easier and simpler than we make it out to be. In our 489 visa we have condition 8539 which relates to legislation that lists certain post codes. The new regional visas will have a different condition which will relate to different post codes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stellajane said:

I agree.

The rules will be effective from the date of grant and not arrival, as arrival date can be different or pretty late from the grant date.  So in simple terms the rules that were valid on the date of grant will continue to stand valid until stated otherwise.

No where in any official legislation/announcement/related documents it has been mentioned that 489 & 491 can be classed as same. Hence do not make decisions on assumptions that both are regional visas in broader terms. 

491 and 489 will be treated separately. 489 will still be dealt with old rules as associated factors/conditions for 489 grant differed to 491 grant. 

Effective 16 November 2019 , as an example  if any one staying/working  on 489 regional WA area will not be able to move to Perth classified as Regional Center/city  as per 491 conditions as it will be only for 491 visa holders.But if any one is staying and working Regional SA can move to Adelaide while holding 489 as it not be a breach of their visa condition.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TTTF said:

The rules will be effective from the date of grant and not arrival, as arrival date can be different or pretty late from the grant date.  So in simple terms the rules that were valid on the date of grant will continue to stand valid until stated otherwise.

No where in any official legislation/announcement/related documents it has been mentioned that 489 & 491 can be classed as same. Hence do not make decisions on assumptions that both are regional visas in broader terms. 

491 and 489 will be treated separately. 489 will still be dealt with old rules as associated factors/conditions for 489 grant differed to 491 grant. 

Effective 16 November 2019 , as an example  if any one staying/working  on 489 regional WA area will not be able to move to Perth classified as Regional Center/city  as per 491 conditions as it will be only for 491 visa holders.But if any one is staying and working Regional SA can move to Adelaide while holding 489 as it not be a breach of their visa condition.  

is Regional South Australia a thing. I thought the whole of SA is regional..

3 minutes ago, paulatanu said:

Silent follower here.

Got direct grant today

Applied 2/9/2018

Family of 2

Updated AFP last month, had a trip overseas for 4 weeks after application, but didn't provide anymore overseas PC

CO Adam

Best wishes for all...

Congratulations; are you in excel tracker